Over/Under On Weekend Snowstorm?

Lawdwaz

41 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

After 92  or 93 blizzard  I'm prepared.  A week of shoveling and thawing cars and repairing  wifes car in a snow drift I learned a few things.

My daughter had a sleepover birthday party during that one and I got snowed in for several days with the wife, daughter, and 4 0r 5  12-13 year old girls....I survived it, but if were ever to happen again, I'd shoot myself...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Albany area ch 6 didn't give a total. Same as ch 10.  

I hope it's 5-6" .   At least I'll make a little money.  Only plowable storm we've had has been the one before southern zone gun season. 

Edited by mowin
  • Like 1

My wife and I are bolting at lunch time from Long Island to go up to the cabin in the Catskills. By us outside of Windham they are saying 20"ish. We are 2700' up so if it snows we are getting it. The quads and snowmobiles are ready to go and I cooked my ass off last weekend waiting for this. I already told my boss I'll be sick on Tuesday. I can feel it coming.  I have food, booze football play offs. I'm covered. Then next weekend hunting on the island. I can feel the flu coming next Friday too. Bring on the snow

• Like 4

Latest snow map from the Weather Channel. They seem to be trending the snow totals up from yesterday. Our local stations are pretty much staying away from putting expected amounts on a map yet. Too far away. I still call 10" here in Albany.

Capture.JPG

Edited by MPHunter

I'll go with up to 24" in the Albany hilltowns, because of the elevation and updraft from coastal storms here. However, the worst part will not be the snow, but the -20's to -30's wind chills that will sweep in from the arctic region. 

Got the woolies on standby, to keep the frost off my pumpkin!

Typical mid January in these parts.

I don't think we will get much but if we do I prefer FEET instead of inches. To me there is something so cool about a ton of snow. 3-4 feet and nothing really stops (maybe the schools for a day) you might be delayed a bit but that's it you starting pushing over 4 feet then you can expect to not go anywhere for a day or two. 

I'm sooo happy that this is coming (for my area and most of NYS) Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday.  If it was a weekday it'd be much more of a problem for people and businesses.  Many can pretty much sit on their ass and enjoy the storm!!

Stay safe and sound; take mucho pictures and post them here for a monetary prize, based on judges judging.  (No money will be exchanged, we will be using Bizzy's Bit coin acct)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I'm sooo happy that this is coming (for my area and most of NYS) Saturday afternoon/evening and Sunday.  If it was a weekday it'd be much more of a problem for people and businesses.  Many can pretty much sit on their ass and enjoy the storm!!

Stay safe and sound; take mucho pictures and post them here for a monetary prize, based on judges judging.  (No money will be exchanged, we will be using Bizzy's Bit coin acct)

I will be up plowing roads until its over, I will post pics of my adventures to pass time maybe:whistle:

• Like 2