Found the right ammo

Chef

I was having trouble finding the right ammo for my stag 10 in 6.5 creed. My groups were horrible today I tried Hornady eld Match 140 grain this is a 20 shot group at 100

9bfbf165bb9178114f03bfe3f8a52195.jpg

A few flyers but not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

now you gotta find some hunting ammo that shoots well

I did I tried the eldx 143 grain and it shot same as the 140 match! It’s a heavy ass gun but I think I’ll take it out for some dogs

• 2 weeks later...
Nice shooting!
Do you hand load yourself? Your own "special recipe" may save you a few dollars, with just as good results. 

I don’t as of yet. I would really like to learn but am kind of nervous about doing it without a mentor.

Just now, chefhunter86 said:

I don’t as of yet. I would really like to learn but am kind of nervous about doing it without a mentor.

I understand that, as I'm just starting out myself, with no mentor. Took a year of reading manuals, and anything I could get my hands on to get to this point. As well as gathering all the needed equipment and tools. And I must admit, that the money I've spent would have bought a lot of factory ammo.

But I really am looking forward to shooting and testing my own rounds. With my goal this year of having my grandson, life long hunting partner, and myself, all killing deer with rounds that I made up for each individual rifle. 

Anyway, what you are doing now is showing superb results! Very impressive.