What would you pay for this snowmobile?

don't trade it in. dealer won't give you anything for it. for the money you'll get it's a private land only give kids a ride to the top of the toboggan hill. that and to just get around a property with a bunch of snow where a wheeler will have a hard time.  this is a smart buy. newer sleds around here to ride on state trails is just flat out expensive.  maintained right that sled will last forever. those fan motors haven't changed in years because they're bulletproof.

Be worth twelve to fifteen hundred, to an older guy like me. For ice fishing, or to make it to a deer stand on the back side of our property. That's about the going rate on CL for sleds of that age around here. 

Nice sled though! Good luck with whatever you decide to do with it.

• Like 2

I agree with alot of what was posted.  However, most sleds of that yr are going for 1500 + with 3k miles on them.  

This thing being practically new adds value.  I've asked one dealership near me and he offered $2500 on a trade in, so you know there going to ask $3500.  

26 minutes ago, mowin said:

I agree with alot of what was posted.  However, most sleds of that yr are going for 1500 + with 3k miles on them.  

This thing being practically new adds value.  I've asked one dealership near me and he offered $2500 on a trade in, so you know there going to ask $3500.  

If someone offered you $2500 on a trade in, take it and run. Let them sit on it until they find the one buyer out there willing to pay $3500 for a 15 year old sled that was $5000 new lol.

• Like 6

wheelers are no different than cars. make you deal without any mention of a trade in and get the best pricing you can. THEN deal with the trade ins. Otherwise they will be just moving cost from one pocket to the other. There is a reason some car dealers are offering $4,000 for any trade, push , pull or drag it in. You really aren't getting $4,000 on that trade in. 

If you already had a good deal done on the wheeler and then they offered you the $2,500 on the sled I wouldn't let the ink dry on that offer and I'd do it. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NYBowhunter said:

Trade it in, unless there is snow, its useless most of the year. My cousin is heavily into snowmobiles and there have been some winters he couldnt even use it, crazy for such a costly machine to sit for two years before you can enjoy it. An atv or utv can be utilized 12 months in most years. The worst investment was the one and only snowmobile i purchased,  didnt take long for me to sell it. Get 50x better use and fun out of my tractor and utv.

There is always snow if you are willing to travel. I almost never ride local even when we have snow here. Tug Hill, Speculator, Indian Lake, Old Forge almost always have snow. Some years are better than others and I always make at minimum 2 trips to Canada sometimes up to 4 depending on how early and late they have snow. I put a couple thousand miles per season on my snowmobile. My 2007 Brute Force 750 has less than 500 miles on it. I have more than that on my sled just this year. 

4 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

There is always snow if you are willing to travel. I almost never ride local even when we have snow here. Tug Hill, Speculator, Indian Lake, Old Forge almost always have snow. Some years are better than others and I always make at minimum 2 trips to Canada sometimes up to 4 depending on how early and late they have snow. I put a couple thousand miles per season on my snowmobile. My 2007 Brute Force 750 has less than 500 miles on it. I have more than that on my sled just this year. 

Im sure you can put that many miles if not more if you took the same trips anually with the atv. Most avg. Joes with sleds typically ride local and dont make trips to canada or the like. My cousin is already driving 3 1/2 hts one way to his cabin to ride, some years are better then others. But there have been years where snow was hit or miss. Based on time constraints and responsibilities you could be missing out on the days with great snowfall.   Its just my opinion they are a wasted investment for the amount of times you get to use them annually, but i will admit they sure are fun. 

29 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Im sure you can put that many miles if not more if you took the same trips anually with the atv. Most avg. Joes with sleds typically ride local and dont make trips to canada or the like. My cousin is already driving 3 1/2 hts one way to his cabin to ride, some years are better then others. But there have been years where snow was hit or miss. Based on time constraints and responsibilities you could be missing out on the days with great snowfall.   Its just my opinion they are a wasted investment for the amount of times you get to use them annually, but i will admit they sure are fun. 

You are might be right about the ATV with trips etc. I can't imagine riding my ATV 200 miles in one day and I do that fairly often on a day of snowmobiling. I am not sure how I would make it through the winter without snowmobiling. The rest of the year I have other interests which is probably why I don't use the 4 wheeler much. Boating, Corvette, Hunting, Golf etc take up plenty of time when there isn't snow on the ground. 

Sorry for getting the post off track. 

17 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

You are might be right about the ATV with trips etc. I can't imagine riding my ATV 200 miles in one day and I do that fairly often on a day of snowmobiling. I am not sure how I would make it through the winter without snowmobiling. The rest of the year I have other interests which is probably why I don't use the 4 wheeler much. Boating, Corvette, Hunting, Golf etc take up plenty of time when there isn't snow on the ground. 

Sorry for getting the post off track. 

Yep way different type of riding on an ATV.  Same hours should yield a lot more miles on a sled.  

• Like 1