Shooting some new bows

sodfather

I don’t want to cloud my judgement but looking to see if anyone shot some new rigs yet. Tomorrow I’m going to shoot a Prime CT5 , Mathews Vertex and a Bowtech Realm . On Monday I’m shooting a Elite Rival 35. All at 60# and 29” draw. I wish I could shoot the Elite same day but shop dropped them from his line so have to go elsewhere. Anybody shoot anything this year with some feedback. I’ll be giving my thoughts on each bow after I’m done. 

Done shooting the bows I wanted to shoot and these are my opinions. First off all these bows were great and people may think differently than I do about this. 

Prime CT5- Excellent bow grip was perfect and the finish was flawless. Held dead in hand and the back wall was perfect. I did not like the draw on this bow. It felt like it took forever to dump over and was very stiff. I also felt some sort of after vib after the shot was already gone which I thought was weird. 

Mathews Vertex- Very nice bow with an excellent draw cycle probably my favorite but I’m use to the Mathews cam. Finish was nice.The grip was ok and back wall was excellent. Zero hand vibration but did not like the short ATA. Also did not like the top end being so heavy. 

Bowtech Realm X- This was a very nice bow. I liked everything about it but the grip. I could not get use to it but only shot 6 arrows with it. The finish didn’t wow me either but it was a smooth draw and a smooth shooter as well.

Elite Ritual 35- I shot the 33 version of this bow and had to wait a week to shoot the 35. This bow was incredible the draw cycle is very nice smooth as can be. It holds very steady in hand and has a nice back wall. The finish wasn’t as nice as the Prime but none of the bows were. After the shot was just as nice with zero hand vib. 

So none of the bows I shot was perfect in every category but the Ritual 35 was the one that I wanted to just keep shooting. I wanted to find something I didn’t like about this bow like I could with the others and couldn’t. 

• Like 4

Done shooting the bows I wanted to shoot and these are my opinions. First off all these bows were great and people may think differently than I do about this. 
Prime CT5- Excellent bow grip was perfect and the finish was flawless. Held dead in hand and the back wall was perfect. I did not like the draw on this bow. It felt like it took forever to dump over and was very stiff. I also felt some sort of after vib after the shot was already gone which I thought was weird. 
Mathews Vertex- Very nice bow with an excellent draw cycle probably my favorite but I’m use to the Mathews cam. Finish was nice.The grip was ok and back wall was excellent. Zero hand vibration but did not like the short ATA. Also did not like the top end being so heavy. 
Bowtech Realm X- This was a very nice bow. I liked everything about it but the grip. I could not get use to it but only shot 6 arrows with it. The finish didn’t wow me either but it was a smooth draw and a smooth shooter as well.
Elite Ritual 35- I shot the 33 version of this bow and had to wait a week to shoot the 35. This bow was incredible the draw cycle is very nice smooth as can be. It holds very steady in hand and has a nice back wall. The finish wasn’t as nice as the Prime but none of the bows were. After the shot was just as nice with zero hand vib. 
So none of the bows I shot was perfect in every category but the Ritual 35 was the one that I wanted to just keep shooting. I wanted to find something I didn’t like about this bow like I could with the others and couldn’t. 

Hoyt RedWRX will change your mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hoyt RedWRX will change your mind

That bow has a $1600 price tag. Not interested without even thinking about it . Besides the reviews I’ve read from the guys who shot them pretty much say the same . 

• Like 1

ELITE For The Win!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sodfather said:

That bow has a $1600 price tag. Not interested without even thinking about it . Besides the reviews I’ve read from the guys who shot them pretty much say the same . 

1600 bucks to cover all the free bows they give out to the roid heads on social media . 

• Like 1

Wow I didn’t know it was that much. Assumed it was in the $1K range like the bows you tried.

I was also interested in shooting the Hoyt Red Wrx but I omitted it as soon as I saw the price tag. I'm not paying $1600 for a bare bow, period. $1000-1100 is bad enough. Just got my Realm X tuned, rest installed, peep, d loop, sight on, arrows cut, wrapped and fletched. And now it's 3° outside so I haven't even shot it...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Why spend the time and money on a new bow ? In a year or two crossbows will have full inclusion and compounds will be obsolete . 

Full inclusion won’t happen in NY   Nor will Antler restrictions . Year round coyote season neither.  SF , look forward to seeing your final decision and results 

Why spend the time and money on a new bow ? In a year or two crossbows will have full inclusion and compounds will be obsolete . 
there will always be compound bows just like there is still plenty of traditionals. even if there is a full inclusion, I'll bet majority of hunters that currently hunt with compound continue to do so.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

With the Ritual 35 how was the draw and hold compared to the 33? seems like it'd be more stable but hold and draw the same. string angle shouldn't be much different to matter with your draw length.

The Ritual 35 is a 34 3/4 ATA and the Ritual 33 is a 33 1/4 ata. Not a noticeable difference from me shooting it but I’m not as an advanced archer as some. The draw cycle is was excellent 

7 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Maybe I’m just filthy rich and don’t care about money or what I spend it on. Or maybe I just love shooting bows and the challenge of perfecting the shot process and getting together with other to shoot on a regular basis.

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Maybe I’m just filthy rich and don’t care about money or what I spend it on. Or maybe I just love shooting bows and the challenge of perfecting the shot process and getting together with other to shoot on a regular basis.

I totally agree ,except for the filthy rich part ,ill report back if i ever become filthy rich LOL.

• Like 1

Im not so sure about that. I bought a crossbow in October, took it out once, shot a deer with it. No where near as exciting as bowhunting for me. I just got a new Bowtech last week and cant wait for October 1st.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Im not so sure about that. I bought a crossbow in October, took it out once, shot a deer with it. No where near as exciting as bowhunting for me. I just got a new Bowtech last week and cant wait for October 1st.

A revelation!!!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Crossbow’s is like paying for sex. If you just apply yourself and work hard you can achieve. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

Data from states that have had full inclusion for a long time (Ohio), indicates that approximately 25 % of archery season kills are with verticals, and 75 % are with crossbows.   While 25 % is a significant number, you might be right about "compound" verticals becoming obsolete.   The traditionalists, who stick with the verticals, would probably move towards recurves and longbows.