$2549.99

fasteddie

On 1/20/2019 at 1:27 AM, nyslowhand said:

Somewhere in the development process of this Xbow from Ten Point there was some marketing genius (??) that encouraged the development and at the current price range. Shame on this company that was founded and operated by Xbow hunters! Assuming in a couple of years this $2500 Xbow will be discontinued!??! Unless the "money is no issue" hunters prove me wrong. Always been the lure of having the latest 'n' greatest at any $$, no matter what the product.

When I got my Hoyt Carbon Element the second year they came out it was $1,500 for the bare bow. By the time I got it dressed up I was 2 grand in. Then I had to add arrows and a new hard case. So then I was pushing 2,200.  I keep a compound a long time and don't turn them around, so I can see the price point on this. It's basically ready to shoot with arrows and a hard case. Not for everyone but If I lived in a state that allowed them all season and the archery season was long like some states, I'd do it. 

Just like Bows and Guns there is a price option for every buyer. There is no way I would consider spending that much money because of the two week season which would mean I would be using that two maybe 3 days a year. If NY changed the width laws and opened the season for all of archery my current crossbow would get a serious upgrade. Maybe not $2500 upgrade but I could justify the expense a lot more. 

If you consider the lower end wicked ridge (~$500) as entry level... its not too crazy to have a high end that is 5x the price.  Chevy has new cars under 20K and Corvettes well over 100K.  
And Corvettes are still not worth it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 1/20/2019 at 1:27 AM, nyslowhand said:

Somewhere in the development process of this Xbow from Ten Point there was some marketing genius (??) that encouraged the development and at the current price range. Shame on this company that was founded and operated by Xbow hunters! Assuming in a couple of years this $2500 Xbow will be discontinued!??! Unless the "money is no issue" hunters prove me wrong. Always been the lure of having the latest 'n' greatest at any $$, no matter what the product.

I guess I'm not understanding the train of thought here.  Marketing doesn't drive R&D, demand does.  If there wasn't demand in the marketplace for a compact xbow, shooting a blazing fast 470 fps, with the best trigger available, topped with the best scope available and shooting the best bolts that TenPoint makes, then TP wouldn't waste their time or risk a loss with this.  

People spend an obscene amount of money on their various hobbies.  People routinely drop way more than $2500 on golf, car parts and firearms/accessories, just to name a few.  Is this really any different?   

I guess I'm not understanding the train of thought here.  Marketing doesn't drive R&D, demand does.  If there wasn't demand in the marketplace for a compact xbow, shooting a blazing fast 470 fps, with the best trigger available, topped with the best scope available and shooting the best bolts that TenPoint makes, then TP wouldn't waste their time or risk a loss with this.  
People spend an obscene amount of money on their various hobbies.  People routinely drop way more than $2500 on golf, car parts and firearms/accessories, just to name a few.  Is this really any different?   
I think the biggest issue is people are looking at it through the eyes of NY hunters where we have all these bogus rules restricting the xbow. Go to a free state and that xbow would be worth it. NY? As long as those absurd rules stand then definitely not

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I think the biggest issue is people are looking at it through the eyes of NY hunters where we have all these bogus rules restricting the xbow. Go to a free state and that xbow would be worth it. NY? As long as those absurd rules stand then definitely not

Agreed.  Although, the shops sold a truckload of Ravins to NYers and I wouldn't be shocked to hear that many of those were taken afield during deer season here.  

Agreed.  Although, the shops sold a truckload of Ravins to NYers and I wouldn't be shocked to hear that many of those were taken afield during deer season here.  
Honestly they should be allowed it's ridiculous. Granted Westchester doesn't allow so I'm stuck with my compound but still. If you're gonna allow crossbow then allow them to get the full potential out of them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

Honestly they should be allowed it's ridiculous. Granted Westchester doesn't allow so I'm stuck with my compound but still. If you're gonna allow crossbow then allow them to get the full potential out of them

NY loves to legislate without thinking 

• Like 1