Egard watches answer to Gillette commercial

Nomad

I shave with a double edge ,razor, Silver tip badger brush, and shaving soap .

Better  shave , and once the initial purchase is made way cheaper . I use maybe three dozen blades a year, and I shave my head as well .

One can buy 100 blades for $25 ,so $8 bucks a year for blades , shaving soap runs from $5 to $25 ish for fancy ones. I get months if not a year out of one cake . So for me under $15 a year to shave better then with plastic disposable junk .

• Like 2

I absolutely hate Piers Morgan so I'm shocked he was against the ad as well.  And I love how when he made the point that if they ran the same ad showing the bad side of women and how they can be better, the two feminist got heated.

I shave with a double edge ,razor, Silver tip badger brush, and shaving soap .
Better  shave , and once the initial purchase is made way cheaper . I use maybe three dozen blades a year, and I shave my head as well .
One can buy 100 blades for $25 ,so $8 bucks a year for blades , shaving soap runs from $5 to $25 ish for fancy ones. I get months if not a year out of one cake . So for me under $15 a year to shave better then with plastic disposable junk .
Merkur for the win!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Makes about as much sense as Dick's/Field&Stream hiring gun control lobbyists to attack their paying customers who hunt and shoot.  These SJW ads and tweets are idiotic.  Why would a company ever want to alienate half or more of their customers?!  

That said, I've been using Gillette blades forever and never had a good experience with other brands.  So now what?  I really wish corporations would leave politics out of their messaging.

• Like 1

The Gillette ad sucked. first past almost assumes that all men are bad. i'm not tossing what i already bought. i might look into larry's double edge safety razor, brush, and soap. i buy stuff because it's cheap so i can give the rest of my family what they need or want. such an asshole of me i know.

36 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

The Gillette ad sucked. first past almost assumes that all men are bad. i'm not tossing what i already bought. i might look into larry's double edge safety razor, brush, and soap. i buy stuff because it's cheap so i can give the rest of my family what they need or want. such an asshole of me i know.

Bics are cheaper

I absolutely hate Piers Morgan so I'm shocked he was against the ad as well.  And I love how when he made the point that if they ran the same ad showing the bad side of women and how they can be better, the two feminist got heated.

I was never really bothered much by this. Mostly because I don’t feel the need to be offended by everything like papsmear. Piers makes some great points and so does his cohost in the last 30 seconds.

Asking men to better is fine. I’m just sick of companies telling me how I should feel about something other than their products. Hasn’t worked out well for dicks, yeti and Nike struggled as well. So who green lights these ideas is beyond me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I use a safety razor as well. A merkur purchased 15 years ago and a few that my grandfather used in the '30s. Either feather or persona blades. The older ones will be given to my 15-year-old nephew this year.

More info than you could possible need: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/ (Seriously, these guys are nuts about shaving.)

16 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

Bics are cheaper

Maybe, but a lousy shave and more disposable plastic tossed somewhere I don't want it to be.

P.S. By the way, the safety razor was invented by King Camp Gillette. Cool name.

Edited by left field

Maybe, but a lousy shave and more disposable plastic tossed somewhere I don't want it to be.
P.S. By the way, the safety razor was invented by King Camp Gillette. Cool name.
Damnit! We can never get away from Gillette!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, left field said:

I use a safety razor as well. A merkur purchased 15 years ago and a few that my grandfather used in the '30s. Either feather or persona blades. The older ones will be given to my 15-year-old nephew this year.

More info than you could possible need: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/ (Seriously, these guys are nuts about shaving.)

i'm all for less plastic and other materials getting tossed in landfills that just don't breakdown. at least blades will rust away.  honestly close enough is practical.

I havent even seen the commercial yet lol. I have to agree though, in a whole lot of media, men are portrayed as idiots, while women are shown as the real brains behind everything. From kids cartoons to movies and everything in between. Then theres what usually happens to men in divorce type situations, custody, etc. Most of the time, you could have outright proof that your kids' mother is a drug addict living in a ghetto crap hole, cycling new guys through like they are on a conveyor belt, and you cant get custody of them. Men almost always get the shaft when it comes to kids, regardless if they are good fathers that do everything right by their kids. It is pretty messed up when you think about it. God forbid you are a white guy, then youre really looked at as a monster by many.

If people want to be equal, I mean truly equal, then they need to stop knocking others down in an attempt to build themselves up. This goes for race, sex, religion, and any other means of grouping people together. Good lord, just start out treating people as equals on a human level and go about your day. If certain people give you cause to treat them differently, then make that adjustment, but until then, treat everyone equally. What the heck is so damn hard about that? I just dont get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm all for less plastic and other materials getting tossed in landfills that just don't breakdown. at least blades will rust away.  honestly close enough is practical.

I didn't want to take this in a different direction. I have been looking at a new project dealing with plastic in oceans and it's pretty heartbreaking.

I will say that there is something satisfying about a traditional shave as it requires time, ritual and focus; aspects that I find myself needing more of in an ever-growing hectic distracted life. 

• Like 3