ODYSSEUS

Where Are The Snow Shoveling Kids These Days??

I never shoveled driveways until my early 20's when I moved into the city for a couple of years. Then my buddy and I shoveled snow on the weekends for beer and cigarette money. Back home, the driveways of the farms were too far apart to make it worth the effort. Plus every one had tractors with plows. But I did get the honor of shoveling snow where the plow couldn't get. Just like all the other chores around the farm, I didn't get paid for that either.

I don't think I could ever find any kids to shovel our 1000' driveway. It would take them all winter just to do it once.....lol.

Where are those damn kids?!? I’m buried here on my SNOW DAY!!!

9a6e4c0dad63aaa4a98589037793d96b.jpg&key=b7b1d42bccdc81610ea70088cd5feb3ed1ff7ef52728c591c6d7db69f18c5464

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet minivan 20190108_225357.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All the day laborers do it now. Just like lawn service. Its not the kids, cheap labor. 
The kids would be more expensive

• Like 1

212 closings in CNY today.  I am leaving at noon as well today.  And yeah today they cant even make snowmen in the sleet!   So prob most kids are having a gaming day! 

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

The kids would be more expensive

At least their legal !

• Like 1

Answer to No One !

At least their legal !
Oh I do not disagree one bit with that statement. I wish more kids would shovel driveways and cut grass. It builds character

• Like 1

Who is a Teacher besides Crappyice and getting off today?

Not quite sure I am “getting off” today but thanks for the optimism!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sweet minivan 20190108_225357.jpeg.cb40f3c9d525270ed0b4c815991e4f42.jpeg

Subaru is on back order, so that’s the next best thing...lots of lesbians where I shop!

• Like 3

Subaru is on back order, so that’s the next best thing...lots of lesbians where I shop!

Hahahaha well played! How about all this snow?! It's already stopped by my office. Barely a dusting it's almost all melted already

11 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Snowing good here in Queens

Ive got some decent snow up by me in Queens as well. Looks like its slowing down now though

44 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Who is a Teacher besides Crappyice and getting off today?

Was just told two hour early out for all staff. Students are now on the way home. 

Just starting to snow pretty good here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, silent death said:

I wish its suppose to snow here till tomarrow

That just blows... hang in there..,

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, silent death said:

Started snowing here at 10am theres already 3 inches on the main road already

20190212_115956.jpg

How you gonna catch anything with Empty bait Buckets lol!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

How you gonna catch anything with Empty bait Buckets lol!

If bird feeders are bait buckets then theres alot of people baiting ....besides the corn wont flow out of those feeders lol.. it's easier to just dump the corn on the ground and say it's for the chickens atleast that's what everybody does around here 

Edited by silent death

My 3 grandkids or out shoveling of course its probably just for money to get fake nails and Xbox games but at least they are working for what they want 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Critter4321 said:

My 3 grandkids or out shoveling of course its probably just for money to get fake nails and Xbox games but at least they are working for what they want 

around here they would yell at the kids for just knocking on there doors . Seen it happen more then once even on Halloween 

• Sad 1

around here they would yell at the kids for just knocking on there doors . Seen it happen more then once even on Halloween 
There's a name for people like that... assholes

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

OMG, this topic is one of my top pet peeves. Like most others have mentioned, most of today's youth are basically lazy or avoid any work. Can blame this on electronic distractions, BUT... If you look at the real cause it's the parents not instilling any responsibilities or work ethics. Not all parents, but a majority of them! Not sure when this phenomenon started or got so out of hand, possibly my baby boomer generation is to blame or even further back to cave man times. Each generation wants their offspring to have a better life then they had growing up. Maybe the old adage is appropriate, be careful of what you wish for, you may not like it after all..!

• Confused 1

My 14 year old after knocking on over 20 doors the other night. Not one customer! Nobody even asked how much. (He was highly negotiable) we laughed the next day though as the ice had fallen overnight.

20190214_205208.jpg

• Like 1

Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not.