Mossberg MVP

Elmo

Anyone has one?  I'm thinking of getting one.  I read that the bolt is loose and when you slide it back and its at a slight angle, it won't slide back forward.  So I tried it at the shop and found it to be true but don't know if it'll really take into effect in live action.  Wonder if it'll be a problem when trying to do a quick follow up shot on say a running coyote, etc?

9 hours ago, Elmo said:

Anyone has one?  I'm thinking of getting one.  I read that the bolt is loose and when you slide it back and its at a slight angle, it won't slide back forward.  So I tried it at the shop and found it to be true but don't know if it'll really take into effect in live action.  Wonder if it'll be a problem when trying to do a quick follow up shot on say a running coyote, etc?

Never had a issue with mine it's a great rifle the bolt  can seem kinda of loose when compared to a rem700 or a savage but as far as fast follow up shots it's good and its accurate to boot

15481311376681261636352355061336.jpg

Edited by silent death

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

So even the safe act legal ARs or other regular hunting semi's are not allowed?  That stinks.

Not a fan of the way those look.  I'm looking at the light chasis model of the MVP.  Fun for the range and light weight and small enough to double as a coyote gun.

untitled.png

4 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Not a fan of the way those look.  I'm looking at the light chasis model of the MVP.  Fun for the range and light weight and small enough to double as a coyote gun.

untitled.png

Just pin the mag and you have a regular AR with all of the features

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Just pin the mag and you have a regular AR with all of the features

Yep. I have an actual fixed mag AR. The lower doesnt even have anywhere machined out for the mag release. Other than that, it functions exactly the same and I can put anything I want on it. My detachable mag ARs all fell into the lake that tragic day back in 2013....

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Yep. I have an actual fixed mag AR. The lower doesnt even have anywhere machined out for the mag release. Other than that, it functions exactly the same and I can put anything I want on it. My detachable mag ARs all fell into the lake that tragic day back in 2013....

can you still slide the bottom of the mag out to insert a limiter on the one with the actual fixed mag?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...