Need to vent.....

First-light

I just got bitched out that I'm not keeping an eye on our heat. It is 14 degrees outside with 40 mph winds. The thermostats are set on 68. 

Three zones. 1 zone it wont get hotter than 61. Main zone is at 65. Third zone is at 64. Am I wrong to say no matter how hard the burner works there is a limit to

what the temperature will reach in the house? Heat at all radiators, I give up!......

• Like 1

I'll one up you. Our French doors lead directly outside.

Last night going to bed - wife : The French doors in the back living room won't lock.

Me: Are you sure you were able to shut it fine?

Wife: Yes, but it won't lock. I locked it with the door open, but when shut it won't lock.

Me: Usually that means something is jamming the mechanism or the door/track is jammed up with something.

Wife: I dunno. It shut fine.

Me: Ok, as long as you are sure.

Me at 5:25 AM this morning when I go to start the coffee: What the F@ck.

Door's wide open. Ice jammed in preventing door from actually shutting.

Edited by phade
  • Like 13
  • Sad 2

Hang some blankets over the windows a d put up tapestry on the walls.. 

Honestly  get a thermo scan done of your heat loss points and you may need new windows and insulation especially if older home ..rock wool insulation tends to sink down the walls and leaves the top uninsulated.

• Like 2

What's your heart source ?

Buddy had a problem this morning with a wood boiler . Boiler burning hot but not putting up the same heat  to house .  He increased temp set point and checked  inside for temp in .  Said he had ample heat at manifold. Appears he may have bad zone valves system is 5 years old.

• Like 1

Sounds like an insulation issue. Theoretically you’d never lose the heat in a 100% perfect environment. In fact you’d raise temps from your body heat and then of course die from lack of oxygen lol.

So basically if you can’t get the heat up you’re losing too much heat somewhere. Doors, windows, poor attic insulation etc. must be killing your bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wont sacrifice my families comfort to save $, my thermostat is set to 70-72 all winter.

That’s generous. We’re at 67 during the day, 61 at night. Put some fn clothes on lol. My 20 month old does get a thermostat controlled electric heater in his room though.

Burned a bunch of wood this weekend though, I do like the extra heat we get supplementing with a wood stove.

What's your heart source ?
Buddy had a problem this morning with a wood boiler . Boiler burning hot but not putting up the same heat  to house .  He increased temp set point and checked  inside for temp in .  Said he had ample heat at manifold. Appears he may have bad zone valves system is 5 years old.

You weren’t at the Rochester airport by any chance this morning were you? Guy on the phone next to me was talking about this haha.

1 hour ago, First-light said:

I just got bitched out that I'm not keeping an eye on our heat. It is 14 degrees outside with 40 mph winds. The thermostats are set on 68. 

Three zones. 1 zone it wont get hotter than 61. Main zone is at 65. Third zone is at 64. Am I wrong to say no matter how hard the burner works there is a limit to

what the temperature will reach in the house? Heat at all radiators, I give up!......

I've been married a long time. I've learned to play deaf and dumb, and pick my battles wisely. And always remember, happy wife......happy life.

• Like 3

Wait a minute ,you’re telling me your wife is not satisfied with the temperature? Lol that’s all part of that X chromosome.

Mine told me she felt a draft when I opened the overhead garage door just long enough for me to come in. She was inside 3 rooms away with two closed doors between her and garage.

23398CF7-3658-4BEE-87A9-804AF32F90E2.png

3 hours ago, First-light said:

I am convinced there is a limit. I changed out two thermostats on one zone and a zone valve with the same results. As long as the boiler is reaching operating temperature and it keeps circulating it is working like it is suppose to.

I even had a service guy come out and check everything out and he said it was working as supposed to . Problem with them is they won't shut off and run continuously because they hardly reach the set temperature. Hate to see the propane bill next month. :angry: