Warm Gloves

I have chores to do every day on my hobby farm rain or shine, Mittens are best for warm hands but I wear leather work gloves most times and on bitter days like today my hands can get darn cold. So this morning I am going through a drawer looking for some extra heavy socks to wear and I find this pair of gloves in there someone gave me as a gift at one time. I tried them on and they felt pretty nice so I decided to give them a try for chores. Geeze these things worked really well for gloves, they have very good dexterity and are especially good for messing around with snow and water when watering the animals and best of all my hands stayed warm. I do not think they will hold up for a lot of hard work every day but for instances like today of even hunting on cold days they are great. First thing when I got in from the chores was to check and see if Amazon carried them, they do and they are not expensive, I ordered up a couple of more pairs as I like them a lot.

Al

2019-01-21_155357.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

On our trip back from Ohio two years ago we stopped in a gas station/convenience store in Ohio.  I always take a poke around just to see what they are selling and I found gloves very similar to those, I think they were $6.  Mine are blaze orange and brown rubber.   I bought a pair and liked them so much I made sure to stop at the same gas station a year later.  I bought the 4 pairs they had on the shelf then.  

They do last about 3 or 4 months, using them to move or split firewood does tear them up, but they are pretty durable.   The ones you have look about the same.  It’s a good find!  

• Like 1

I use a version of these as well.  I wear them because they give me pretty good grip and dexterity.  One caution is that you need a pair that doesn't fit too tight, or they will be cold.  I wore them out plowing on the tractor today at -2 and my hands froze.  I had to run in and get an pair of old fashioned chop mitts.  Those did the trick.  For day to day, I wear the Kinko gloves.  The little grocery store I go to carries them for about $7.

• Like 1