A sad day....

tuckersdaddy

I bought a Milwaukee after seeing the beating my boss put on his.  Both mine and the bosses are corded but a sub we have has a cordless Milwaukee that is a BEAST, you can't kill the thing.

PS, mine doesn't see anywhere near the use the other two get and I'm sure that Dewalt, Ryobi, Bosch, Porter Cable etc all make great units too.

• Like 1

If it’s corded the best is the Bosch, if cordless it’s tough to beat Milwaukee and Rigids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bosch? Interesting... have to look into them. As far as the Milwaukee goes, not sure I can buy another one.. only had it about 6 years and I'm lucky to use it one or twice a month... didnt expect to strip the gears out. Makes me jittery to spend that much again on the same thing..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Red said:

I use a corded Milwaukee the thing is a beast cut down tons of steal and aluminum flagpoles with it and it runs like the day i bought it.

For cordless i use a rigid and love that as well.

Any of those aluminum flagpoles salvageable?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, XGX7PM said:

Any of those aluminum flagpoles salvageable?

Definitely i usually don't save them unless i know some one that wants one. If you would like one i can keep an eye out this spring/summer and salvage one for you.

I've got this... Must be 30 foot aluminum flag pole we've been trying to get rid of since we bought our house.  It's growing between 2 hemlock.  On a 3x3 block of concrete.  Thing clangs in any wind, and it's right outside bedroom window.  Shame there's no string for running a flag on it.  

IMG_20190123_071307_exported_460_4774828209736001482.jpg

IMG_20190123_071252.jpg

We use Milwaukee at work. Heavy civil contractors. Just renovated 4 subway stations in NYC. We had tons of battery powered Milwaukee super sawzall. We beat the crap out of them. We were working around the clock 7 days a week. The ones that didnt grow legs are still here working!

I also asked my lead carpenter what I should get for personal use and he said the Milwaukee battery powered is perfect.

The above mentioned lead carp does prefer his dewalt skillsaw over the Milwaukee skillsaw. He thinks it is smoother and a better over tool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, jmp5008 said:

We use Milwaukee at work. Heavy civil contractors. Just renovated 4 subway stations in NYC. We had tons of battery powered Milwaukee super sawzall. We beat the crap out of them. We were working around the clock 7 days a week. The ones that didnt grow legs are still here working!

I also asked my lead carpenter what I should get for personal use and he said the Milwaukee battery powered is perfect.

The above mentioned lead carp does prefer his dewalt skillsaw over the Milwaukee skillsaw. He thinks it is smoother and a better over tool.

My cousin is a contractor and he swears by Milwaukee 

I must have gotten the one crapper Milwaukee....

I must have gotten the one crapper Milwaukee....

I would try to call and get service or take it back if you can.

We are moving soon and I am not sure if I'll be renting or buying. If I buy ill need to convince the wife I need a super sawzall. But then she might try to convince me she needs a hand bag or shoes or something.

I got a free corded Milwaukee from work 10 years ago, gifted it to my brother this year as he just bought his first house. I figure it was a nice thing to do and I wanted a reason to upgrade to battery powered.

• Thanks 1

I've had Dewalt tools, corded and cordless, for decades. They've served me well even when the job meant abusing them to some degree and I still use them. From what I gather Dewalt has become very bad about warranty work etc. It's just what I hear from friends still in the construction business. Almost everyone I know has gone to Milwaulkee battery-operated everything, including my ex-partner. He's hard on tools, but he takes very good care of his batteries. The tool is almost free. It's the batteries that cost you money.

1 hour ago, jmp5008 said:

I got a free corded Milwaukee from work 10 years ago, gifted it to my brother this year as he just bought his first house. I figure it was a nice thing to do and I wanted a reason to upgrade to battery powered.

That was nice of you jmp. I gifted my brother a Stihl MS 260 Pro with two bars and eight chains for his birthday last year. He's cut a lot of firewood for me and his saw had crapped out. One caveat however: I reserved the right to borrow it and him when the time came to thin out my woods for heating purposes. It'll be a fun spring this year. :drinks: