Ok so why is the government still closed ?

Because Donald Trump beat Hilary Clinton in the election.  

Yea but he also has the power to open the government and negotiate like a human but throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get what he wants. Yes Schumer is a piece of crap but this shutdown and the people being hurt from it are on his shoulders alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yea but he also has the power to open the government and negotiate like a human but throws a tantrum when he doesn’t get what he wants. Yes Schumer is a piece of crap but this shutdown and the people being hurt from it are on his shoulders alone.

He is trying and Polosi isn't having it

• Like 2

I might be in the minority but I don’t want the non essential government to open until we get the funding for the wall.

Yes the shutdown is on trumps shoulders and I love every second of it! Finally we have a president that’s willing to do what needs to be done!

Why are you so for this wall. What do you think it will accomplish? Do you really think it will stop the flow of drugs or illegals into our country. As someone who lived in a border state I can honestly say it’s a big waste of money. That being said I think that we spend way too much money supporting illegals giving them medical care assistance what ever. But a wall won’t do shit to
Fix the problem.

1 minute ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I might be in the minority but I don’t want the non essential government to open until we get the funding for the wall.

Yes the shutdown is on trumps shoulders and I love every second of it! Finally we have a president that’s willing to do what needs to be done!

Others have talked about building a better wall, This President has the balls for it

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Why are you so for this wall. What do you think it will accomplish? Do you really think it will stop the flow of drugs or illegals into our country. As someone who lived in a border state I can honestly say it’s a big waste of money. That being said I think that we spend way too much money supporting illegals giving them medical care assistance what ever. But a wall won’t do shit to
Fix the problem.

It won't stop but it will slow down.

Fix the problem.

In 2013 when I was in the Marine Corps I spent a little over 3 months assisting boarder patrol on the Texas and New Mexico border. As a Sgt I road from post to post with a border patrol officer checking on the posts that his and my men were manning. Spending 12hrs a day riding around with those guys going to every call that came over the radio in that sector was a very eye opening experience. While there I was completely astonished as to how much traffic comes across the border on a day to day basis. In the grand scheme is it a large percentage of illegal immigrants, who knows? It’s not like they sign a roster when they come across illegally.

If I have a broken pipe in my house I’m not going to start by mopping up the water I’m going to start by stopping the water from coming in.

• Like 12

34 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

But it really won’t. Most drugs cross the border in trucks, and they will tunnel under that wall every chance they get. Is 5billion worth a slow down.

Yes, $5B IS worth a slow down. Trump ran on the promise of building the wall (albeit with Mexico's money, which isn't working out), but he is one of the few politicians I remember who is trying to stick with what he said during the campaign.

The flow of drugs won't completely stop, but any real attempt at slowing this down is a good thing, in my mind. As well as catching and deporting criminals who take our jobs, mooch off of our government freebies, bring gang mentality, and break numerous laws to get here (including identity theft). These are NOT the best & brightest sneaking in.

Lastly, a shutdown may inconvenience some, but it may some stop and think about how dependent upon the government we have become, and how did we let things get to this point?

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 8

Fix the problem.

Its not about the wall... not why Trump was elected. The house (dem, rep) have a god complex because they control the money... "You dont matter because we take your money at will and make you dance to get it back" This is the place Trump has decided to begin exposing what's truly going on so people might begin to become engaged again... you know, drain the swamp. Do I think more needs to be done on border security.... absolutely... but all this shutdown stuff about 5.7billion dollars??? Yea its simply showdown time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, $5B IS worth a slow down. Trump ran on the promise of building the wall (albeit with Mexico's money, which isn't working out), but he is one of the few politicians I remember who is trying to stick with what he said during the campaign.
The flow of drugs won't completely stop, but any real attempt at slowing this down is a good thing, in my mind. As well as catching and deporting criminals who take our jobs, mooch off of our government freebies, bring gang mentality, and break numerous laws to get here (including identity theft). These are NOT the best & brightest sneaking in.
Lastly, a shutdown may inconvenience some, but it may some stop and think about how dependent upon the government we have become, and how did we let things get to this point?

That’s where most people have it wrong at least for the most part. The don’t steal our jobs. They do jobs that most of us refuse to do. I worked in the restaurant business for years. First off most of these guys actually pay taxes. 2nd do you know how hard it is to find a American who wants to wash dishes in a restaurant for minimum wage. Working 13 hour plus shifts. It just doesn’t happen . Listen I’m all for stopping illegals better screening for people coming in. I just don’t think a wall is the solution. I will say this and some may call me racist for it. We have other groups that are already here that have much higher crime rates within their Established communities. The Latin American people that come here, for the most part are here to work not cause trouble.

• Sad 1

That’s where most people have it wrong at least for the most part. The don’t steal our jobs. They do jobs that most of us refuse to do. I worked in the restaurant business for years. First off most of these guys actually pay taxes. 2nd do you know how hard it is to find a American who wants to wash dishes in a restaurant for minimum wage. Working 13 hour plus shifts. It just doesn’t happen . Listen I’m all for stopping illegals better screening for people coming in. I just don’t think a wall is the solution. I will say this and some may call me racist for it. We have other groups that are already here that have much higher crime rates within their Established communities. The Latin American people that come here, for the most part are here to work not cause trouble.

Just think, if there wasn’t illegal immigrants to work for minimum wage the employer would have to offer more money to get an American to do the work. Isn’t capitalism awesome when allowed to work as it’s supposed to.

• Like 5

Just think, if there wasn’t illegal immigrants to work for minimum wage the employer would have to offer more money to get an American to do the work. Isn’t capitalism awesome when allowed to work as it’s supposed to.

Yea and then the employer has to charge more to make up that cost difference. Then you pay more for the some product...inflation at its best

26 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I am sure I was doing restaurant work before you were born. We had white folks and black folks that washed dishes, so I don't buy that they do the work that Americans won't. They are destroying the construction trades here in the Northeast part of the country, and mostly the work they do is sub-par. Pay people what they are worth, and they will work. Give a non-violent American felon a chance at rehabilitation by providing a job as a dishwasher or prep guy since they can't find any work, an illegal is a criminal anyway.

Most may be here to work and not interested in causing trouble, but most of the money goes back to Mexico or Honduras. And by the very nature of why they are here and how they got here, they continue to break more laws every day that they stay here.

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 5

5.7 billion dollars is nothing more than pocket change to the US government. The Dem's have stated during the Obama administration, many times, that we need to tighten the border with Mexico. It's not about the money. It is the left's promise, after losing the election, to fight tooth and nail with ANYTHING Trump does! For the gall of beating their 'shoe in candidate' of Hillary Clinton. They were all soooo smug before the election. Mere days after their defeat, Schumer circled the wagons when he declared, "we will not agree to ANYTHING this president wants to do!!! Remember the rally cry, "Not My President"??  Never mind the people of this country. Never mind what is right or wrong for this country. It's close minded politics that have shut down this country!!! And a president that will not back down from his promises, of what HE thinks is right for the country. That also refuses to lay down for a bunch of cry baby left wing losers.   JMO......

• Like 6

5.7 billion dollars is nothing more than pocket change to the US government. The Dem's have stated during the Obama administration, many times, that we need to tighten the border with Mexico. It's not about the money. It is the left's promise, after losing the election, to fight tooth and nail with ANYTHING Trump does! For the gall of beating their 'shoe in candidate' of Hillary Clinton. They were all soooo smug before the election. Mere days after their defeat, Schumer circled the wagons when he declared, "we will not agree to ANYTHING this president wants to do!!! Remember the rally cry, "Not My President"??  Never mind the people of this country. Never mind what is right or wrong for this country. It's close minded politics that have shut down this country!!! And a president that will not back down from his promises, of what HE thinks is right for the country. That also refuses to lay down for a bunch of cry baby left wing losers.   JMO......

Listen I voted for trump. I can’t stand Schumer But the wall will not fix the problem. Also 5.7 billion is not pocket change to a country that is in debt . He promised that Mexico would pay for the wall not the American public. He is not delivering what he promised.

Yea and then the employer has to charge more to make up that cost difference. Then you pay more for the some product...inflation at its best

That’s literally the opposite of inflation, but good try.

I have zero issues paying what something is worth that I want, what I have a problem with is having to pay for things I don’t want. Like illegal immigrants!

• Like 4