ANDY'S NEW ABORTION LAW

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Even if they did investigate I have no idea what they would charge someone with since, as part of this law, abortion was removed from all aspect of criminal charges. Since the legal definition of a person was changed to be born and alive not of the abortions (right to wrong) can be prosecuted under these criminal statutes. 

Doctors in general are given the benefit of  doubt , doctor says well its because of health reason nobody will question it . .its alway been that way  and this law just makes it more so looks like . 

Who is going to question them ?   Seems like these laws make  it way to easy to kill  ,   if you ask me something  like that should be made harder to do not easier if legal at all .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

They will go doctor shopping find the doctor who will do it even  up to the  same day it was supposed to be born . Who is  going to investigate  if there is really a legitimate reason for a late term abortion  for heath reasons .

mother mary and joseph. Do you have kids? A wife? A girlfriend? My wife had a miscarriage in her first trimester. That procedure required anesthesia and a night in the hospital. You're talking about a final term abortion like it's a Walgreens pharmacy drive-through. 

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

mother mary and joseph. Do you have kids? A wife? A girlfriend? My wife had a miscarriage in her first trimester. That procedure required anesthesia and a night in the hospital. You're talking about a final term abortion like it's a Walgreens pharmacy drive-through. 

Yea ok they made the law for legitimate reason . 

Who  would ever question a doctor if there was a legitimate reason to do it  before this law anyway .

That law was created to protect the ones just doing  late term abortions on demand I believe. 

Edited by Storm914

21 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Yea ok they made the law for legitimate reason . 

Who  would ever question a doctor if there was a legitimate reason to do it  before this law anyway .

That law was created to protect the ones just doing  late term abortions on demand I believe. 

Storm, you clearly have no idea about the paperwork, scrutiny, and documentation involved in all aspects of healthcare.  It's absurd to imply that medical practitioners have no oversight.  As Belo pointed out, late term abortions are not done in drive-through facilities.  They're serious medical procedures that are not being done in alleys and basements.   It seems obvious that you're really not interested in knowing much about this subject beyond the fact that you're opposed to abortion and don't want people to have access to them.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Belo said:

I think you are reading him wrong. I think he is talking about shopping for a Dr. that will give justification for the procedure. Not one that will do it out of the back seat of his car. The triggering clause for this to happen after 24 weeks (and right up until he actual birth) is that the procedure is needed to protect the mothers life or health. If you shop doctors there will be some of the "opinion" that health could mean many things. It is just their professional opinion that is needed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I think you are reading him wrong. I think he is talking about shopping for a Dr. that will give justification for the procedure. Not one that will do it out of the back seat of his car. The triggering clause for this to happen after 24 weeks (and right up until he actual birth) is that the procedure is needed to protect the mothers life or health. If you shop doctors there will be some of the "opinion" that health could mean many things. It is just their professional opinion that is needed. 

A practitioner's State Practice Act, as well as his/her malpractice insurance provider, and his practice location (Hospital, clinic, etc.) will have strict guidelines that define when a medical 'opinion' may be justified.  Doctors do not have freedom to make illegal or unethical decisions and simply state that their 'opinion' justified their actions.  They are required to base their opinions on sound clinical decision making and ethical standards, using evidence-based practices.

12 minutes ago, virgil said:

Storm, you clearly have no idea about the paperwork, scrutiny, and documentation involved in all aspects of healthcare.  It's absurd to imply that medical practitioners have no oversight.  As Belo pointed out, late term abortions are not done in drive-through facilities.  They're serious medical procedures that are not being done in alleys and basements.   It seems obvious that you're really not interested in knowing much about this subject beyond the fact that you're opposed to abortion and don't want people to have access to them.

Virgil,

The procedure is complex and it sure would have massive amounts of documentation becasue I am sure it will involve a hospital stay. BUT the trigger to the entire process is the health care professional's opinion about the mother's view of her health as well as document-able things like Say it's a case of toxemia developed just before a due date. Many times that would trigger an induction of labor to deliver the baby, even if premature. This can happen in 1 out of 10 pregnancies and usually after 20 weeks. Under the "health" clause of this law it would be justification for an abortion. I don't even know how a professional could refuse the mother if the justification was mental or emotional health. I know we can sit here an say "they are professionals, they take an oath, they would never push this over a line" But thin about how many Dr.'s wrote scripts for opiates that may not have been needed. You can shop a Doctor to find one that will do it.  

4 minutes ago, virgil said:

A practitioner's State Practice Act, as well as his/her malpractice insurance provider, and his practice location (Hospital, clinic, etc.) will have strict guidelines that define when a medical 'opinion' may be justified.  Doctors do not have freedom to make illegal or unethical decisions and simply state that their 'opinion' justified their actions.  They are required to base their opinions on sound clinical decision making and ethical standards, using evidence-based practices.

That's why so many shop for doctors to write scripts that they don't need. You say they don't have the freedom to make illegal or unethical decisions.  That is the point exactly. This is no longer illegal or unethical in the State of NY. SO they wouldn't be. 

25 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That's why so many shop for doctors to write scripts that they don't need. You say they don't have the freedom to make illegal or unethical decisions.  That is the point exactly. This is no longer illegal or unethical in the State of NY. SO they wouldn't be. 

Sorry Culver.  You're taking too giant a leap here.  We complain that gun owners rights are infringed upon by laws meant to protect us from wound-be criminals.  Why do the same here?  Yes, there are doctors that write bogus prescriptions for opiates and similar meds.  That doesn't mean that we should ban opiates.    It's a lot easier for a doctor to get away with writing a bogus prescription than it is to justify an unnecessary surgical procedure.  Pain is entirely subjective- that's why pain medication is so easily abused.  Doctors have no real way of quantifying how much pain a patient is in- therein lies the potential for abuse and plausible deniability.  It's not nearly the same in cases for justified late term abortion.

Edited by virgil
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

No, he's making it sound like a late term abortion is no big deal for some doctor, when in fact it amounts to a c-section or still birth. It's not anything like early abortions. He doubled down with his use of the term "on demand". Like there will just be these drive through clinics where woman who are 8 months pregnant and perfectly healthy can now just go and kill off their baby.

I'm not even on any side of this argument. I just can't stand ignorance. Especially when it's a grown man (or kid not sure) talking about something he knows nothing about. Notice how he didn't answer my question.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Over the weekend I was so twisted about this I decided to finally delve into the Kermit Gosnell movie, streamed on Amazon Prime, starring Dean Kain. As I watched the movie develop, and saw what this guy did, I realized that EVERYTHING he was convicted of, and got a LIFE SENTENCE for, is now perfectly legal in NYS. Seriously, it was almost like Andy watched the movie, took notes and made thos notes into law, from non doctors performing the procedures, to killing the babies on the table.

For anyone interested, that movie is $4.99 well spent.

• Like 1

Can someone give me legitimate "medical" reasons why an abortion would be done so late in a pregnancy?  I am hearing this "legitimate reasons" language, but maybe someone can enlighten me as to why a pregnancy would need to be terminated if a mothers life was somehow in danger over attempting to induce labor or remove the baby alive via C-section??  To me the legal right to terminate the pregnancy has now been made much too easy.  I would think a doctor would be allowed to save the mothers life in the gravest of circumstances without any such law on the books.  Having the law on the books just opens up an even bigger can of worms where the situation doesn't exactly need to be "grave" for a medical professional to be allowed to perform late term abortions.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Yep exactly,  They obviously where  born yesterday,  and don't  understand even some medical people are corrupt will do it for the money .

58 minutes ago, virgil said:

Sorry Culver.  You're taking too giant a leap here.  We complain that gun owners rights are infringed upon by laws meant to protect us from wound-be criminals.  Why do the same here?  Yes, there are doctors that write bogus prescriptions for opiates and similar meds.  That doesn't mean that we should ban opiates.    It's a lot easier for a doctor to get away with writing a bogus prescription than it is to justify an unnecessary surgical procedure.  Pain is entirely subjective- that's why pain medication is so easily abused.  Doctors have no real way of quantifying how much pain a patient is in- therein lies the potential for abuse and plausible deniability.  It's not nearly the same in cases for justified late term abortion.

Ok. A woman walks into a doctors office and says that the pregnancy is causing her too much back pain and she can't deal with it any longer. By the new law that would meet the requirements of the law to conduct the abortion. No? How about the Toximea I mentioned earlier. 38 weeks in and the woman wants to abort because of her "health" condition.  It is legal now by the law. No?  I don't see what the doctor thinks or believes as even being relevant in many of these scenarios. 

The lawmakers must believe that the law needed to be written o give the woman the ability to basically want it on demand (meaning based on what she wants and not needing a doctor to give the green light). If not they would have left the working that the woman's life was in danger. I would think. 

Virgil, I know we have been on opposite side of some issues over the years but you are always one that can at least have a conversation about it. Thank you. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Belo said:

No, he's making it sound like a late term abortion is no big deal for some doctor, when in fact it amounts to a c-section or still birth. It's not anything like early abortions. He doubled down with his use of the term "on demand". Like there will just be these drive through clinics where woman who are 8 months pregnant and perfectly healthy can now just go and kill off their baby.

I'm not even on any side of this argument. I just can't stand ignorance. Especially when it's a grown man (or kid not sure) talking about something he knows nothing about. Notice how he didn't answer my question.

I think you take the killing of human life  much to easily sounds like .

There is something called  adoption , And also condoms and other birth control .This law 

Seems like way way over kill  pandering to the extreme left .

Sad we do more to protect wildlife in this state then human life .  you have been so brainwashed it's not even funny .

It is one thing to have a abortion the first month when it's not even formed,  but what  that law talks about is disturbing sorry . Having a abortion near the time of birth is murder . And I seriously doubt there is any medical reason with  modern medical technology that would justify that .

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Belo said:

in bold. Let's say the late term pregnancy was a a risk to the mother' life or health. (as per the law now). I agree with what you said in bold. to abort that late term it would be killing the baby and either inducing labor to have a still birth or a c-section to remove it. Explain to me how either of those procedures was any less of a risk to the mother whether the child was alive or dead? It's the same procedure isn't it? 

If that is truly the case that it is no different in either instance then the only variable is that the mother just wants the baby dead with the abortion scenario. No? 

• Like 4

So what is a realistic solution that we can do with these unwanted children?  And please, dont say adoption or foster care. Too many kids already never get adopted and grow up in foster care who become menace to society that we complain about having to support due to the tragic events the person endured as a child.

Again easy to point the finger and ridicule, especially for us men, but the solution is not. Its a really sad world. 

I do not agree with the new law, however I don't have a realistic solution. If you make abortion illegal it will still happen. 

• Like 1

So what is a realistic solution that we can do with these unwanted children?  And please, dont say adoption or foster care. Too many kids already never get adopted and grow up in foster care who become menace to society that we complain about having to support due to the tragic events the person endured as a child.
Again easy to point the finger and ridicule, especially for us men, but the solution is not. Its a really sad world. 
I do not agree with the new law, however I don't have a realistic solution. If you make abortion illegal it will still happen. 

What was the need for this change? If a woman did not want the baby it was legal In the first 24 weeks. What was the need for this abomination?
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Just my .02 cents but as men I don't think it is any of our business. I know I will never have an abortion and doubt many of you will. That's a discussion women should be having and deciding on not us OR KING CUOMO.

That's a good point but if you see the women that are the most  into the  abortion issues, at those Rally's,    let's just say most aren't exactly very female looking if you know what I mean for some reason .

11 hours ago, virgil said:

Two word response to this post:

Kermit Gosnell

• Like 1

For those who believe there is some major surgery required to abort at full term, look into "Partial Birth Abortions" and you will see it being done as the baby is being born.  As long as the head was not out of the woman, it could be aborted.  The doctor jammed scissors into the base of the infant's skull, then sucked it's brains out before letting the head come out of the woman.

This new law in NY will allow the exact same procedure to be legal again.

It also allows it for ANY reason a doctor puts down on paper.

This is pure INFANTICIDE and leftists applauded it in the state house.  God help the USA.

• Like 4

Cuomo's law also says someone who kills a child in the womb can no longer be prosecuted for killing it, as it was not a "life" in the first place.

One World Trade Center was lit in pink to celebrate the impending deaths of more New York children than ever before. This despite the fact that 11 preborn children lost on 9/11 are lovingly honored at the 9/11 memorial.

• Like 2

This is the one part I'm confused on.  It states that now, nurse practitioners and even mid-wives can now perform abortions and it's legal after 24 weeks if the fetus isn't viable.  How does a mid-wife make such a determination?

As for doctors who would sign off on it.  My brother who served several tours at one point was deem unfit to return to duty due to PTSD.  He was ordered to take some time off while his bros went.  Three psychiatrist wouldn't sign off on it.  He was vacationing in the Caribbean when one of his buddies called him and told him they found a psychiatrist that was willing to sign off on him.  He ended his vacation early, flew back to the states, got the signature, and went off to Afghanistan.  You don't think you can find a doctor that is willing to deem a fetus unviable?  When for the most part, I would imagine after the abortion is conducted, the evidence would most likely be destroyed anyway.

• Like 2