ANDY'S NEW ABORTION LAW

5 minutes ago, Elmo said:

This is the one part I'm confused on.  It states that now, nurse practitioners and even mid-wives can now perform abortions and it's legal after 24 weeks if the fetus isn't viable.  How does a mid-wife make such a determination?

As for doctors who would sign off on it.  My brother who served several tours at one point was deem unfit to return to duty due to PTSD.  He was ordered to take some time off while his bros went.  Three psychiatrist wouldn't sign off on it.  He was vacationing in the Caribbean when one of his buddies called him and told him they found a psychiatrist that was willing to sign off on him.  He ended his vacation early, flew back to the states, got the signature, and went off to Afghanistan.  You don't think you can find a doctor that is willing to deem a fetus unviable?  When for the most part, I would imagine after the abortion is conducted, the evidence would most likely be destroyed anyway.

If the fetus isn't viable, why not then just let nature take it's course?   If the fetus shown no signs of life, then you can deal with it's removal from the mother.  How is anyone to know for certain, be it a doctor or just a mid-wife what the outcome will be for a fetus that they "think" is not viable?  How many times have fetus' been written off by doctors while inside the mother, yet were born alive and kept on living?

I tell you, many of us are blaming Cuomo for signing this law, and rightfully so, but I just couldn't imagine being a doctor, nurse practioner, midwife or whomever performing something as ghastly as a late term abortion.  How they could live with their conscience after doing such a thing is something I will never be able to understand.  I sure as hell couldn't!  I don't know the statistics on late term abortions and sure hope not many get performed, but just the thought of it is enough to make one sick.  And now for the state to sign off and legalize it all as if it were just a simple medical procedure is even more of a tragedy.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Elmo said:

This is the one part I'm confused on.  It states that now, nurse practitioners and even mid-wives can now perform abortions and it's legal after 24 weeks if the fetus isn't viable.  How does a mid-wife make such a determination?

As for doctors who would sign off on it.  My brother who served several tours at one point was deem unfit to return to duty due to PTSD.  He was ordered to take some time off while his bros went.  Three psychiatrist wouldn't sign off on it.  He was vacationing in the Caribbean when one of his buddies called him and told him they found a psychiatrist that was willing to sign off on him.  He ended his vacation early, flew back to the states, got the signature, and went off to Afghanistan.  You don't think you can find a doctor that is willing to deem a fetus unviable?  When for the most part, I would imagine after the abortion is conducted, the evidence would most likely be destroyed anyway.

With the protecting "health" of the mother whether  the fetus is viable or not will never be an issue. It can always be approved based on the lower threshold. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

in bold. Let's say the late term pregnancy was a a risk to the mother' life or health. (as per the law now). I agree with what you said in bold. to abort that late term it would be killing the baby and either inducing labor to have a still birth or a c-section to remove it. Explain to me how either of those procedures was any less of a risk to the mother whether the child was alive or dead? It's the same procedure isn't it? 

If that is truly the case that it is no different in either instance then the only variable is that the mother just wants the baby dead with the abortion scenario. No? 

I'm not on either side of this argument. Abortion is an issue I see both sides to. I'm not a doctor. I only entered into it when I saw some idiot spouting off about stuff he knows nothing about. And he wont answer my question regarding if he has children, a wife or gf. 

What we have here is a bunch of men on a hunting forum talking about woman's rights and that right there is what bothers me.  

11 hours ago, Rattler said:

For those who believe there is some major surgery required to abort at full term, look into "Partial Birth Abortions" and you will see it being done as the baby is being born.  As long as the head was not out of the woman, it could be aborted.  The doctor jammed scissors into the base of the infant's skull, then sucked it's brains out before letting the head come out of the woman.

This new law in NY will allow the exact same procedure to be legal again.

It also allows it for ANY reason a doctor puts down on paper.

This is pure INFANTICIDE and leftists applauded it in the state house.  God help the USA.

you're fn retarded and the fact that 2 people liked that comment is even more retarded.

Doctor in NY are not going to be sticking scissors into baby heads. Jesus christ man, what sort of african cave do you live in?

And where do you think the baby goes from there? You think pushing a baby out is no big deal? Why was there a team of doctors, post delivery surgery and 2 nights in a hospital for all 3 of my kids and the one we lost?

Edited by Belo

2 hours ago, Belo said:

What we have here is a bunch of men on a hunting forum talking about woman's rights and that right there is what bothers me.  

I'm not a Jew and the holocaust still bothered me and I can voice that i believe it to be immoral and evil. 

I don't get the "men shouldn't have an opinion" stance. I am pretty sure that the mother's situation involved a man at some point. When the woman want to terminate the pregnancy it is a woman's issue and the man is not considered.  If the woman decides to keep the child by her own decision the man certainly will be involved then (child support, garnish or dodging the collection). The whole situation and law just sucks in my opinion. 

I know Steve863 and I have asked this prior in this thread but no one has answered our question either. What medical condition in the last trimester of a pregnancy could be deemed as a hazard to the life and health of the mother where the procedure of actually delivering a live baby is any different than the C-section or induction that would be used as part of the abortion. As far as I can find any of the abortions in the last trimester, especially very late would involve either induction of labor or a c-section to remove the dead baby. The same process to have the baby come out live. SO where is the benefit to the life or health of the mother? 

• Like 4

From what I have read there are two main procedures that are used for third trimester abortions. (C-section is almost never used). I am not going to post the step by step of the procedures becasue it is pretty graphic. I'll leave it to anyone that wants to know to Google it on their own. 

• Induction Abortion: 
  • Dilation and Extraction:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I'm not a Jew and the holocaust still bothered me and I can voice that i believe it to be immoral and evil. 

I don't get the "men shouldn't have an opinion" stance. I am pretty sure that the mother's situation involved a man at some point. When the woman want to terminate the pregnancy it is a woman's issue and the man is not considered.  If the woman decides to keep the child by her own decision the man certainly will be involved then (child support, garnish or dodging the collection). The whole situation and law just sucks in my opinion. 

I know Steve863 and I have asked this prior in this thread but no one has answered our question either. What medical condition in the last trimester of a pregnancy could be deemed as a hazard to the life and health of the mother where the procedure of actually delivering a live baby is any different than the C-section or induction that would be used as part of the abortion. As far as I can find any of the abortions in the last trimester, especially very late would involve either induction of labor or a c-section to remove the dead baby. The same process to have the baby come out live. SO where is the benefit to the life or health of the mother? 

to take stormy daniels argument, the man had equal responsibility not to get her pregnant as well right? Again, I'm trying to not weigh in on the details here. I will admit that some of the vagueness of the law has me concerned as well. But I do agree that if the baby is causing harm to the mother, they should have the choice to do something about it, not the husband.

On the other side of that, I don't see a bunch of woman running out and getting abortions at 8 months like the fear mongers believe. And I agree with the gun rights analogy. Those that were already abusing their bodies were likely to do it, whether it was legal or not.

You do see why the opinion of someone without kids or a wife is problematic right?

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

But I do agree that if the baby is causing harm to the mother, they should have the choice to do something about it, not the husband.  On the other side of that, I don't see a bunch of woman running out and getting abortions at 8 months like the fear mongers believe

Ok, What would that be medically where the baby couldn't be brought out alive with equal or less danger to the Mother. There very well may be cases, I am asking and not one has an answer. If you are killing the baby and then inducing, isn't that basically giving birth? 

There are not a lot of states that allow this and in some that do it is stated as  risk to life or physical health of the woman. Not just health. I have seen number of 12,000 to 30,000 late term abortions speculated but they said reporting is voluntary and many sates don't report the numbers. NY is one. 

The Jane Roe of Roe v Wade was a woman named Norma McCorvey. She went on to regret her role in US abortion law. She was a very troubled woman and during her time working in abortuaries she had to be constantly stoned or drunk to do the awful work. These places have a very high turn over of staff. Most people can't stomach it after a while .People should get her book and read her accounts of the clinics and how the dead babies were treated. Grim stuff.

• Like 1

Won by Love

by   
Gary L. Thomas (Goodreads Author)
 4.32  ·   Rating details ·  194 ratings  ·  38 reviews
As the plaintiff behind the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court case, Norma McCorvey became known as the poster child for the pro-choice movement. But underneath she led a life of drug and alcohol addiction as she increasingly felt alienated by the wealthy and famous elements of the pro-choice crowd. Then to make matters worse, her worst enemy, the pro-life group Operation Rescue, moved in next door to her clinic.Norma's story is a heartwarming tale of how Christians from Operation Rescue -- led by a seven-year-old girl named Emily -- banded together to break through even the hardest of hearts. Few expected that a woman who once told a reporter that she "lived and breathed" for abortion would one day walk next door, give her life to Jesus, and begin working for the people she once hated. Won by Love not only reveals the shocking, inside machinations of the abortion industry, but also reveals an inspiring tale of how God uses love to mold hearts to His service.
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Belo said:

you're fn retarded and the fact that 2 people liked that comment is even more retarded.

Doctor in NY are not going to be sticking scissors into baby heads. Jesus christ man, what sort of african cave do you live in?

And where do you think the baby goes from there? You think pushing a baby out is no big deal? Why was there a team of doctors, post delivery surgery and 2 nights in a hospital for all 3 of my kids and the one we lost?

You are an opinionated, vulgar, fool!  If you took the time to look into PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS you would see how it's done.  But of course you didn't.  You prefer to spout sanctimonious pablum based on your ignorance.

I don't know what happened in your personal experience with childbirth, and apparently you don't either.  There was obviously a need for doctors and a 2 night stay, but it wasn't anything remotely close to an abortion of a healthy baby.

I have 3 children and 2 grand children and as an EMT have actually delivered a baby on the side of the road.  Keep your ignorant opinions to yourself if you can't be civil.

12 minutes ago, Rattler said:

You are an opinionated, vulgar, fool!  If you took the time to look into PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTIONS you would see how it's done.  But of course you didn't.  You prefer to spout sanctimonious pablum based on your ignorance.

I don't know what happened in your personal experience with childbirth, and apparently you don't either.  There was obviously a need for doctors and a 2 night stay, but it wasn't anything remotely close to an abortion of a healthy baby.

I have 3 children and 2 grand children and as an EMT have actually delivered a baby on the side of the road.  Keep your ignorant opinions to yourself if you can't be civil.

you brought up stabbing babies with scissors bro, not me. I'm guess your wife never went to the hospital after that delivery? Didn't receive any care, meds or treatment and never stayed the night correct?

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

you brought up stabbing babies with scissors bro, not me. I'm guess your wife never went to the hospital after that delivery? Didn't receive any care, meds or treatment and never stayed the night correct?

What has any of that got to do with PARTIAL BIRTH ABORTION,  which was performed exactly as I described it, for which you responded with ignorant insults?  (BTW, for your lack of reading comprehension ability, it was not one of my children I delivered on the side of the road.)

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 1

Dems are now competing to see who is the most committed  Stalinist.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/virginia-governor-northam-abortion/

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam couldn’t precisely answer whether he supports abortion until birth and suggested an infant could be born and then the mother and doctor could discuss what should happen next, in a Wednesday morning interview.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam said in a WTOP interview.

• Like 2

Cuomo brushes off criticism of New York abortion law: 'I'm not here to legislate religion'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-defies-catholic-church-with-new-york-abortion-law-im-not-here-to-legislate-religion

I did not know you had to be religious to figure out killing  a baby just before its born is messed up .

Lefty's have lost there minds 

• Like 3

On 1/28/2019 at 9:04 PM, Steve D said:

Just my .02 cents but as men I don't think it is any of our business. I know I will never have an abortion and doubt many of you will. That's a discussion women should be having and deciding on not us OR KING CUOMO.

it is ridiculous to suggest that men do not have vested interest in the continuation of the species.What if all women decided to abort all babies? And many of those babies are male i might add. It is also absurd to suggest that men cannot be concerned about he negative sociological implications of abortion on the society they inhabit. people who say or agree to such ideas have no philosophy or common sense in them

• Like 1

I would like to know if these women have to see a psychiatrist before they do something like that , just my theory but many you see talking about it on tv seem  to have psychological problems,  this is not the 1700s 1800s where people really had to worry about not being  able to  feed there kids with so many other options available today for women , seems to me late term abortion especially is not needed . 

• Like 1