Got a caller finally.

Well I finally got a coyote call and a decent light for clearing some coyotes out.

I've read and watched alot about picking and setting a stand, but I have a question I feel is best answered within state.

Once I get a coyote, what should I do with it?

My understanding is that the pelts dont go for hardly anything.

And do u skin it out just like I would a deer?

If pelting it isnt worthwhile, I know I can start a pile.

f964d2a5fe2ff9eb4e31fd939c23033b.jpg5ee45a432dd6a85815cc4aaddc92bb50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

Once I get a coyote, what should I do with it

24 minutes ago, zeus1gdsm said:

And do u skin it out just like I would a deer

Here is a decent instructional video that shows how to skin one if you are going to sell it at auction or get it tanned.

If you plan on selling to a taxidermist they have to be skinned to include the feet which is a little bit trickier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUMdhwOEvY

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

Yeah I'm in a predator hunt this weekend. I've got a couple fox but never a coyote. What I did with the foxes was I took it to a taxidermy and they skinned them and tanned them. I wasn't the best at skinning raccoons and I didn't want to mess them up. Probably paid to much for something I could have done but it was less of a hassle for me. So once I get a coyote I'll just take it to the taxidermy 

• Like 1

Step one, get one ! Step 2, make room in the freezer till you figure out what you want to do with it. I personally have only skinned 1 Fox and one yote and sent them to be tanned. All the others have been donated to trappers or other outfits. I used to take them to a local shop whole and they would give me a couple bucks. I just felt bad letting them lay. If they were mangey or late season and rubbed out they stayed where they died.

I currently have a yote and fox in the freezer that will be heading to the taxi for my "bucket list" mount.

Good luck !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1