Smoking deal on Summit stands on Amazon

Looks like it folds up nicely for throwing on your back. I still have to learn how to use mine. I really don't need to slip walking with it and then have the teeth that lock into the tree trunk lock into the back of my neck thereby making me headless

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Looks like it folds up nicely for throwing on your back. I still have to learn how to use mine. I really don't need to slip walking with it and then have the teeth that lock into the tree trunk lock into the back of my neck thereby making me headless

Haha! I've used summits for years and years, none of them really pack all that well in my opinion but they are solid and comfy.  I just picked up a Titan, should be arriving today actually. They're easy to use, just wear a harness.

I picked up these molle straps this fall...when attached to your summit climbing stand they make carrying it alot easier.0e3ece2eebf5e8b39287ff36e17c4f6c.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll have to check which summit climber I have. It's a few years old. Got it in a trade for a fishing rod I made for a guy. locks into the tree great! May have to upgrade the flimsy little patch of fabric that is it's seat and definitely looking into those straps. They look nice and comfy

42 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I picked up these molle straps this fall...when attached to your summit climbing stand they make carrying it alot easier.0e3ece2eebf5e8b39287ff36e17c4f6c.jpg

Yep, those are great. The older I get the easier I want things to be so I'm going to pick up this Sherpa Cart kit for the Titan and wheel the stand into the woods with all of my gear strapped to it. The land I hunt now has very easy access so I think this is going to be a really nice option for me.

bac28c961775b371b3fd835a88b35f74.png

• Like 1

Yep, those are great. The older I get the easier I want things to be so I'm going to pick up this Sherpa Cart kit for the Titan and wheel the stand into the woods with all of my gear strapped to it. The land I hunt now has very easy access so I think this is going to be a really nice option for me.
bac28c961775b371b3fd835a88b35f74.png.c9e463e6e19d340124e4439bda90014c.png
My buddy grabbed that.....Evangola State park was opened to bow hunting only this year and we planned on hitting it a few times so he grabbed the wheel kit in case we needed to pack one out.

• Like 1

Geez, I wonder what happened to the sale price? I went to the link that was posted 7hrs afterwards, but it now says $319! 

Same deal when I got the Titan last week. It was at the sale price for a day or two. Then back up to $350. I just kept checking every few days until it was back at the sale price and bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
On 1/25/2019 at 1:40 PM, Don_C said:

bac28c961775b371b3fd835a88b35f74.png

Did you buy it? I only used mine in that capacity once. it's too loud with some clicking of washers and what not to really use like this, although I suppose if you wanted to it could be fixed with more plastic washers or something.

I have used the Sherpa to take a couple of deer out and it works very well. I've spent the last couple seasons with its axle taped to my stand's lower portion and the wheels stacked in it as well so that I can just carry the entire thing into the woods attached to the treestand. Works fine but it is heavy.

As for Molle straps they are a must have on the Summits. Stock straps are garbage. I don't have the molle frame. I just attached the molle straps directly to the lower part of my summit viper and centered them from slipping around with some paracode attached to either side. I have the kidney thing to put wait on the hips but frankly never bother doing it up.

1 minute ago, Don_C said:

No I didn't. A buddy told me his brother used one and it sounded like a shopping cart full of empty cans rolling through the woods. 

I have one, and I can confirm they are noisey.  They work great for hauling out, but they are loud if your trying to sneak in with the climber attached like a dolly.  I have seen a few nice DIY carts made from jogging strollers that have me thinking about it.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 1:02 PM, The Jerkman said:

I'll have to check which summit climber I have. It's a few years old. Got it in a trade for a fishing rod I made for a guy. locks into the tree great! May have to upgrade the flimsy little patch of fabric that is it's seat and definitely looking into those straps. They look nice and comfy

You cannot beat a Hazmore seat. Highly recommend

https://hazmore.net/

• Like 1

To me they just add weight and make packing the stand more difficult. I couldnt remove the one that came on the viper fast enough
Right now it's just a flimsy flap of fabric like a hammock. I haven't really used it other than to climb up 5 feet in a tree at my house just to see if I could even use the climber and figure out how to set it up. Maybe I'm fine with that small flap just doesn't seem like it'd be too comfy. I like my millennium 150 hangons. They're super nice

2 hours ago, Don_C said:

No I didn't. A buddy told me his brother used one and it sounded like a shopping cart full of empty cans rolling through the woods. 

This is a very fair description.

With a deer in it, though, its sound is irrelevant now and it is a nice tight package as a game cart. The axle is likely to bounce within its housing even with plastic washers, though, so I am not sure it would be easy to deaden this thing's sound for getting into the woods.

1 hour ago, Don_C said:

Clearly a LOT of people feel that way!  For me the seat is one of the things I love about the large Summits though.

Yeah. its wiggly backrest is a bit of a bother to pack but it really is damn comfortable. Sure beats the ladder stand I sometimes use. I can really sink into the summit

• Like 1