Ships Loose Moore On The Hudson

DirtTime

Anyone else hear about this?

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Breaking-Bridges-closed-after-boats-get-loose-in-13560816.php

The Captain JP III and a few other tugs and barges got set loose to drift down the Hudson due to ice. I'm thinking more like they were un-moored by vandals. This just my opinion, but seeing this hasn't happened before makes one question how the vassals got loose.

i don't think so. large floating whatevers have been loose before on the Hudson. it's because of the high water level from all the snow melting plus the inches of rain we got i think. broke the moorings because they had no where else to go. unsure if one up river made contact with the other. I've been on both. one was a floating barge that was a seasonal restaurant.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i don't think so. large floating whatevers have been loose before on the Hudson. it's because of the high water level from all the snow melting plus the inches of rain we got i think. broke the moorings because they had no where else to go. unsure if one up river made contact with the other. I've been on both. one was a floating barge that was a seasonal restaurant.

Not trying to be a dick, but do you have links for the previous vessels floating freely down the river?

2 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Work took us on one of those dinner cruises. A bunch of us stood on the bow and counted condoms floating in the river. We gave up once we broke 100. Lol

When my destroyer was home ported  at the Brooklyn Navy Yard  on the East River, we used to call them " White Eels  or Cony Island Trout"... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

Not trying to be a dick, but do you have links for the previous vessels floating freely down the river?

all situations were different and not as bad as this instance. it happened a few years around 2012 and just last year. I know because i have to cross the river to get from rensselaer county to work in albany. last year a bunch got loose south of here. one got loose up north but they got to it quick. this time it was different as a couple made contact with different bridges in this area. google search is buried with recent reports, so no i don't have other links to post.

that's totally fine... i mean DEC i think has even said you'll okay if you don't eat fish out of there more than a handful of times a year. strippers pulled out of the Hudson and onto boat decks all the time. Normally we throw them back. haha

Yeah unless your pregnant or a child...if they shouldn’t eat it, I ain’t ether!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk