2019 Season (Biz-R-OWorld)

BizCT

You are Probably going to hunt the  private first  unless it is really far away  .

Why wouldn't you ?

Because I have a new found infatuation with that nice 8pt I took videos of today. It was also cool to see 13 deer in 2 hours in the middle of the day. 7 bucks and 6 does/fawns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Because I have a new found infatuation with that nice 8pt I took videos of today. It was also cool to see 13 deer in 2 hours in the middle of the day. 7 bucks and 6 does/fawns

Ok missed that post about you seeing a 8 pts on public land  it will probably change his movements as soon as the first hunters hit the woods .

But you never know I guess .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

But now do I hunt public land opening day, 10/1? Show up and can’t find a spot because there are 8 other hunters? Or stick with private land?

Maybe scout once more and try to find the bedding area? Get in super early and see if the other hunters will push the deer to you

Maybe scout once more and try to find the bedding area? Get in super early and see if the other hunters will push the deer to you

Yea I’ll definitely be back a few more times before the season starts. I even setup a trail camera. It’s a long ways in from the road, so I may go back with a small chair and stuff and just leave it there

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea I’ll definitely be back a few more times before the season starts. I even setup a trail camera. It’s a long ways in from the road, so I may go back with a small chair and stuff and just leave it there

Id do that as soon as possible if you can. Thats a nice 8 point, im ecxited to see how it goes. Id say target him now because he can shift that range after the second or third week

• Like 1

Id do that as soon as possible if you can. Thats a nice 8 point, im ecxited to see how it goes. Id say target him now because he can shift that range after the second or third week

I saw 7 bucks today. I wouldn’t even know if I saw the same buck again or if it’s a different one. would be too hard to tell. I didn’t have binocs with me. Just used iPhone to zoom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I saw 7 bucks today. I wouldn’t even know if I saw the same buck again or if it’s a different one. would be too hard to tell. I didn’t have binocs with me. Just used iPhone to zoom

Thats a lot of bucks to see, let alone on public land. Id definitely hunt there opening day. You have to hunt where the deer are

Thats a lot of bucks to see, let alone on public land. Id definitely hunt there opening day. You have to hunt where the deer are

We’ll see. It was very odd because it was middle of the day too. They were all eatin acorns in separate groups within a 2 hour span. Might have just been a lucky summer day. I’ve never had a problem finding summer bucks or getting summer buck pics. They seem pretty easy to find & pattern. Find the acorns, find the deer

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We’ll see. It was very odd because it was middle of the day too. They were all eatin acorns in separate groups within a 2 hour span. Might have just been a lucky summer day. I’ve never had a problem finding summer bucks or getting summer buck pics. They seem pretty easy to find & pattern. Find the acorns, find the deer

Could be a lucky day, but that means that they're in there somewhere and probably will stay there the first couple weeks of october

Could be a lucky day, but that means that they're in there somewhere and probably will stay there the first couple weeks of october

Same with my Dad’s land tho. I always get pics of bucks all summer long.

When do they usually move on to other properties?

I don’t know that they do. Only been hunting it since 2016, so 3 seasons. I got 1 buck, dad has 3. I blew it on a good one too. They aren’t nearly as patternAble once late September comes. But we still get Pics October, November, December, etc. just gotta be out there. My dad hunts nearly every day so that’s why he kills more than me

• Like 1

I don’t know that they do. Only been hunting it since 2016, so 3 seasons. I got 1 buck, dad has 3. I blew it on a good one too. They aren’t nearly as patternAble once late September comes. But we still get Pics October, November, December, etc. just gotta be out there. My dad hunts nearly every day so that’s why he kills more than me

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds. The good thing is you know pressure is going to be light on your fathers property the whole season, but the public land will get pretty bad probably 

Sounds like you got the best of both worlds. The good thing is you know pressure is going to be light on your fathers property the whole season, but the public land will get pretty bad probably 

Yea I’m curious to see for sure on this public piece. I found 1 broken arrow, but other than that just some old Beer cans

• Like 1

Yea I’m curious to see for sure on this public piece. I found 1 broken arrow, but other than that just some old Beer cans

Opening weekend and the second weekend at most are busy in my experience. After that and most week days you can get bizzy(see what I did there!)

Stay deep and stay “late” = after 10 or so on public land.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Darien lake state park with biz today.  Never been but nice land for sure.  Archery only even better.  I’ll post our yelling goat pics on random surprise visit.  Berbere wings were excellent no ?! 

Not sure how much changed but 10 or so years ago I had the place pretty well figured out. I've passed some very respectable deer there.

• Like 1

Friday 8/16: I went back to that stateland spot in the morning. Saw 7 turkeys while scouting. Not been 4 days but decided to move cam. It had a bunch of turkey pics on it, a spike, and part of what may be a big buck or just big 4pt.

b4d08a591fb9e23d2f769b388a6e5b38.jpg

a862a5a02f97274210e79e2739f1e004.jpg

ec972ae29056fd3afd61c731e3370863.jpg

27d9dcc77176bed7ab1248711433d26f.jpg

I also picked out a potential bowspot (last pic). That’s 24yards from me to camera. This is where I moved my trail cam too as well.

• Like 2

8/18: Went to dad’s land. Been 2 weeks and throw & grow and WR is starting to sprout. Big 4 with no brows and some does and a yote on cam. None of the bigger bucks this time. Also hung a hang-on on a ridge for gun season. The 6 feet may not look like much from pic, but it gives a view of extra hundred yards downhill.

0dbfbadae38ee6c031160e31faf044a6.jpg

e608e39dd6386d7b1a52724b5759e124.jpg

1b94cc509e7a1289fbd54a857ac2aa02.jpg

00aac531d8a3014d08cbf98f00907de4.jpg

2785b28a473d470d92c7212ac3326c2d.jpg

6e1a2e87b9239d8894fc8083fa34fe15.jpg

69cb5076b18153e99b83a20eabe61f0d.jpg

fabb54900920212b11307af3879a224b.jpg

7afdee3592225d70e6e5b969a45f3532.jpg

Lastly i show my bow:
4 at 25
1 at 32
2 at 36
5 at 40
1 at 20

So, 13 shots. All with same pin (25yds) and just held high/low. First time shooting at 40yds. 4/5 were within a couple inches. 1 flyer missed bullseye by 5"

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, grampy said:

Got coyote pic's??

I always get a few yote pics, bobcat, fox, etc. But each year i get some fawn pics. Usually they still have spots into september. This year nada. Maybe that old ugly doe is too old to reproduce or no buck wants to hit it.

• Like 1

I always get a few yote pics, bobcat, fox, etc. But each year i get some fawn pics. Usually they still have spots into september. This year nada. Maybe that old ugly doe is too old to reproduce or no buck wants to hit it.

Check your cams for pics around 2 am and you'll know for sure. Lol

• Like 4