2019 Season (Biz-R-OWorld)

BizCT

On 11/5/2019 at 4:53 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

11/5/19: I didn’t hunt, but Dad went dark to dark again for the 4th day in a row. At 6:30am he had a large coyote 50 yards howling, so he hit the bleat call thinking maybe it would come closer for a shot. Instead the coyote stood up on a stone wall and proceeded to howl staring at my dad for 20 straight minutes. Dad said it was craziest thing he has seen in the woods in 60+ years. The yote finally quit and walked away. At 11:45am, he saw a 3 pointer at 60 yards. Then at 3:15pm he saw another buck with a fork pass by, but couldn't get full view of the rack. Then at 4:45pm sunset he saw 2 tom turkeys again (probably same ones a yesterday in same exact spot/time). He'll be back at it again tomorrow. 

That's crazy.  Never heard of that. Freak out your Dad any? Doesn't bother me too much but still raises the hair a little when they start howling and yipping right be fore dark close. 

• Like 1

That's crazy.  Never heard of that. Freak out your Dad any? Doesn't bother me too much but still raises the hair a little when they start howling and yipping right be fore dark close. 

He was more just shocked it went on for a full 20min. He wanted to move closer for a shot but it had him pegged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11/8/19: dad was hunting dark to dark and saw a 4pt at 7am chasing a doe and make a scrape and stand up on hind legs. After watching them under 30 yds for almost 30 min. They trotted off. 20min later he hit the grunt call and a nice 5/6pt came charging in. Dad shot him broadside at 42yds from the ground (NL blind) downhill angle. He heard a pop (maybe arrow breaking) and the buck turned around and walked away slowly. Dad waited 3 hours and then saw a blood trail and waited for me. By the time I got there it was about 4 hours after the shot. The first 100-150 yards had decent blood and then a few good spots where the buck stopped I assume. Blood got thinner and thinner and after going uphill and downhill it crossed a 20-25ft wide stream. Before we went back to get waders, I found a log to cross and shockingly found tiny blood on other side. Finally it died out. We tracked almost 500yds but as the crow flies it was only 308yards. I left at 2pm, but dad is still grid searching. He’s pretty bummed out. Arrow did not smell like guts and was broken in half. Blood on fletching means he got decent penetration. Last pic of poop and blood was final spot

2043355942dee8e059783fbbea867453.jpg

54e063c30b1609242a7632b4ee1661dc.jpg

59492438887__560E2BF1-82C7-4BCD-BAA6-F6D424A4CF57.jpg

59492654490__296C039E-372F-428E-8F3D-A8F75DFBCCF8.jpg59492457877__3C648B54-C0F8-4676-BE20-621B5AA3737D.jpg

e5c3fb47bc2db5b2b75c7dc74d072cdc.jpga2a3569d591c53c2f918849f3dcc7497.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like good blood at least in that one spot..... Good track, especially after crossing a stream.  Something may turn up in the grid search - I hope it does!  

If not, at least it seems your deer sightings have improved from previous years - so that is a plus! 

That looks like good blood at least in that one spot..... Good track, especially after crossing a stream.  Something may turn up in the grid search - I hope it does!  

If not, at least it seems your deer sightings have improved from previous years - so that is a plus! 

Pics look nice but it was barely specs for long distances. I’m shocked we followed it as far as we did.

He Bought land in 2016. We got 6 bucks off it (all 2.5 or better) so far. Today would have been 7 already. Better than ever expected for a spot so close to home.

• Like 1

Maybe he stopped but regardless, thats lung. I think that buck is dead 

We only found 2 spots with blood like this where it appears he stopped. The rest of the track was drop by drop every 10-15yds. I’m shocked we were lucky enough to find the blood on other side of stream. But soon after that is where it stopped. Not sure how pics look but blood in person was bright red. Not pink

We only found 2 spots with blood like this where it appears he stopped. The rest of the track was drop by drop every 10-15yds. I’m shocked we were lucky enough to find the blood on other side of stream. But soon after that is where it stopped. Not sure how pics look but blood in person was bright red. Not pink

My guess is the hit was high lung which is why you are having trouble finding blood had to wait for the cavity to fill

Hmmm what's around your property?

Public land? 

Private?

Are there Many hunters around is it possible someone else saw it dead and dragged it out  . Or saw it and  put another shot in it and dropped it then dragged it out especially a good size  buck this is always a possibility.  

Hmmm what's around your property?
Public land? 
Private?
Are there Many hunters around is it possible someone else saw it dead and dragged it out  . Or saw it and  put another shot in it and dropped it then dragged it out especially a good size  buck this is always a possibility.  

The blood got thinner and thinner as we tracked. No signs of anything being dragged. If we can track specs of blood and deer prints, we would have seen evidence of someone else dragging it away lol

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The blood got thinner and thinner as we tracked. No signs of anything being dragged. If we can track specs of blood and deer prints, we would have seen evidence of someone else dragging it away lol

Not necessarily if it happened after your blood trail went cold .

Something like that happen to my cousin he took bad shot   tracked  it trail went cold then later on in after noon  saw someone else dragging out that buck with a exstra hole in it .  He said he new it was the same one because it had extra hole in it and same rack  It Happens  .  

Damn....where did he think the shot was? High? Shoulder? Quartering to?I’ll be in Yorktown tomorrow for am if he wants another set of eyes for a grid search

Thanks for the offer. He will probably go with my brother. I’m heading to Quaker Creek to pick up my sausage/jerky!

He felt good on the shot behind shoulder broadside. He aimed a tad high since it was 42 yards. I’m thinking the “pop” her hit was the bolt snapping in half. I thought maybe he shot low, but we both smelled the bolt and no signs off guts. The broadhead pic above looks mangled so he must have hit bone? He’s sick over it. If he doesn’t find it tomorrow, it would only be his 3rd lost deer in 50-60 years but he was visibly upset