8W

Steve D

DEC Environmental Conservation Police Seeking Information on Illegal Dumping at Connecticut Hill WMA
01/23/2019

DEC Environmental Conservation Police Seeking Information on Illegal Dumping at Connecticut Hill WMA

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Police Officers (ECOs) are asking for the public's assistance regarding the unlawful disposal of hazardous waste on Connecticut Hill Wildlife Management Area in the town of Catharine, Schuyler County.

In Spring 2018, multiple plastic, five-gallon buckets were dumped on the Connecticut Hill Wildlife Management Area. The product in the buckets was consistent with a chemical historically used as a pesticide for preserving wood products.

Anyone with information that could assist with the investigation is encouraged to call DEC, Bureau of Environmental Crimes Investigation, Region 8 Avon Office, at (585) 226-5484.

All information provided will be kept confidential.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

So what does this have to do with 8W? The area mentioned is in 7R.

You would be correct. I looked at the map wrong. Go figure...I grew up in that area:banghead:. I can't delete this one but can add to 7R where it belongs.

Thanks