Bucks are still at it

Buckstopshere

38 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

sodfather saw a 10 and 6 point locked up last week   I'm amazed how many lost headgear early in gun season and others still holding

Bucks apparently are individual. Some participate hard in the rut, others don't. Some racks get all broken up, other bucks are spent early and shed, and yet others haven't even worn down the tip of a point. Some are lovers and some are fighters.:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By nybigbuck
      Latest camera pull in my new spot.  Not much showed until now.  Couple of nice bucks to watch. Not sure what the last one is?  Neighbors dog?

• By Buckstopshere
      Always interesting to see behavior at the zip-tied licking branch, especially when a younger buck shows dominance over an older buck that is licking the branch. In this case, I would guess it is a 1.5 year old and a 2.5 year old...for my neck of the woods. I would have posted the photo/vid of the interaction on this site, but I have maxed out my megabyte upload limit here. But you can see it off site at this link: If it is slow or doesn't work... See the vid on my facebook page. Link below:

• By Buckstopshere
      This shed buck seems to realize that his antlers are gone and it might be the best path to back down from the wide six-point.
      Learning his limits…shed buck backs down from wide 6 point .mov
    • By Buckstopshere
      A holdover broken-antlered buck with its beams broken down to just about nubs takes on an antlered buck in the acorns. It hasn't learned yet that it doesn't have antlers now...too many fights.
      Junkyard buck fights an 8 pter. .mov
    • By Buckstopshere
      A pair of feisty holdover eight pointers fight for the high ground in the acorns. This bachelor group seems to have a bunch of fighters in it as they are continually locking horns. Their antlers are getting more and more broken up. No wonder they are so hard to find.
      Two 8's battle for the high ground.mov