My 34$ Tripod setup

Thought id share... I Picked up the tripod from Goodwill a while back for ($3), and had a new fluid head mount ($31) for a video camera laying around I purchased years ago. I put the fluid head on since it was way better than what came with the tripod. Controls movement very well with tension adjustments. Then over many many many lunch breaks made a drew up some dimensions, found some scrap and machined a saddle mount for it . It hasn't been field tested yet, only kitchen tested lol. Very solid and should hold the recoil of a 22 cal with zero issues. I could hold steady on objects out of the kitchen window over 150 yards with no problems. If it gets wobbly I ll hang my bag/vest off the center height adjustment shaft to anchor it better.. I suspect it to do better in the field than on a hardwood floor.  Tripod breaks down to fit perfect for sitting, kneeling or standing shooting positions. Would work good for hunting deer or turkey from ground blinds as well id imagine..  

20190122_133340.jpg

20190128-075850_V.jpg

20190126_111549.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Wonder if a fluid head would work for an 870

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would think so, It just controls movement. and the saddle mount itself does all the clamping. And all i used was a 1/4-20 machined screw. A friend asked about a 20ga as well, and i may tinker with the rubber padding thickness and screw size  for the bigger bore guns. 

• Like 1