Another Massive Storm Coming Wednesday

The_Real_TCIII

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Am i the only one who snowblows while it's still snowing out ? I would never wait for a storm to be finished to start clearing the driveway .

Suppose to be getting freezing rain to with this storm I'd wrather have it on top of the snow than plow the driveway then get ice that sucks that is why some people wait 

Edited by silent death

4 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Am i the only one who snowblows while it's still snowing out ? I would never wait for a storm to be finished to start clearing the driveway .

nope i do it. makes the job that much easier. My 26" craftsman does a decent job, but not so good with 2' of snow or the heavy stuff. I got her out last sunday morning knowing i wasn't done. But it made monday morning a lot easier. 

Oh I do for sure! There is no keeping up with a storm like that. 7 feet if snow and 40 mph winds covered the driveway up as fast as you could clear it. Believe me, it was not possible. If you havent experienced it, it may seem crazy. It WAS/ is crazy when it happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I do for sure! There is no keeping up with a storm like that. 7 feet if snow and 40 mph winds covered the driveway up as fast as you could clear it. Believe me, it was not possible. If you havent experienced it, it may seem crazy. It WAS/ is crazy when it happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree....I was exhausted for a week. Felt like I never stopped snow blowing....can't believe that old Toro held up to that abuse. She got a complete rebuild that summer.....new carb, belts, and even a good sandblasting and paint job.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I agree....I was exhausted for a week. Felt like I never stopped snow blowing....can't believe that old Toro held up to that abuse. She got a complete rebuild that summer.....new carb, belts, and even a good sandblasting and paint job.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I shoveled 42 hours solid for 3 days.  Putting snow somewhere with double driveway with houses on both sides was a task. 

3 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Depends for me. During the week I stay on top of it, shoveled twice already, and may go out again in a few minutes. Weekends where the wife won't have to drive, I look at accumulation and make the call. I do have a snow blower, but for this light snow and the small area I have to deal with, shovel is faster. My back hates both, so I just get it done how ever the storm calls for.

15 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Ha.  Kinda an homage to Robert Earl Keen.  Awesome!  He once gave a concert in my honor.  True story.  Long story.  REK rocks!

Edit: I realize this doesn't have anything to do with anything.  Still, could someone pick up a box of tampons and some Salem Lights for me?  

Edited by jmark
  • Like 1