Catholic leaders call for Gov. Cuomo to be excommunicated for ‘flagrant celebration of pro-abortion bill’

20 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Wonder why they never ex-communicated child molesters instead of moving them from church to church?  Now thats long overdue.  

This is why.  They protect their own.

https://patriotpost.us/articles/58086-the-catholic-churchs-continuing-cover-up

https://patriotpost.us/articles/57746-the-cost-of-homosexual-catholic-abuse

Unfortunately the Catholic church has made a LOT of mistakes and has a LOT of baggage of it's own right now.  Nonetheless I am all for excommunicating Cuomo.  I am sure he wouldn't give a hoot or would the simpletons who keep voting him in, but I will support anyone who will call him out and publicly ostracize him.  It's about time someone does.  You talk about a Teflon Don?  Absolutely nothing has stuck to this guy and unfortunately few have even tried so if the Catholic church would decide to do this I would be all for it.  With that said, I am sure the church will not have the guts to do it.  Just as in politics, it becomes the same old thing where all it comes down to is lip service and in the end no one does JACK.

• Like 2

Not sure that getting excommunicated from the Catholic church would hurt him.  Getting kicked off a sinking ship isn't really a penalty.  At some point, being rejected by the church might be a prerequisite for anyone running for office.

12 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Cuomo would be just one of our elected hacks that should be called out by the church.

I agree, but they need to start somewhere and Cuomo is the guy they need to start with and now would be the perfect time since he just signed this into law.  Going after a big fish like Cuomo has more clout than if they excommunicated some little known state senator or assemblymen.  And it would certainly be something Cuomo would have to answer to if he ever did decide to run for the White House.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I read both articles.  

I kinda fet like they were almost giving excuses or sidestepping the fact that the church harbors and protects child molesters.  One article names them something else. The other says that homosexuals commited these acts.  IMO it seemed like they weren't blaming the church for the handling. Yes the individual did these disgusting acts, but what the church has done after their knowledge is what is repulsive.  the fact is that regardless of if you’re gay/straight the church covers this up.  I cant imagine how long this has been going on prior to the new age of social media, internet and the way news is spread these days.  

The fact that the church calls out anyone on hypocrisy is disgusting.  I grew up in the catholic church and as i got older i have been turned off by this amongst other things.  

The catholic church needs to clean up house and really think about what they need to do before callong out anyone else  

Thats my opinion on the matter. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, virgil said:

Not sure that getting excommunicated from the Catholic church would hurt him.  Getting kicked off a sinking ship isn't really a penalty.  At some point, being rejected by the church might be a prerequisite for anyone running for office.

I tell you it would.  I don't think he has a prayer of ever becoming president anyway but you are seriously underestimating how much clout the Catholic church still has.  There are plenty of Catholics out there who are very disturbed by the abuses of the church's hierarchy, but still hold to the values the church teaches.  To an athiest NO church has any value, but there are still plenty of people out there who DO value core christian principles.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, virgil said:

You maybe right since the people who back him mostly do not believe in god anyway .

Coumo was ask to do the baby killing bill 5 years ago but decided not to . Until now when the extreme left has taken over he through the babies to the wolfs  to keep them happy .

Diplomat, those articles answer your question about why the church doesn't do anything about the crimes and covers them up.  The problem goes to the very top of the church hierarchy.  Those at the top are guilty of the same offenses, so they don't want it exposed.  

Pedastry is pointed out as evidence this is not a pedophile issue, but a homosexual issue.  The second article presents more evidence to prove that.

The problem here is that homosexuals are a protected class in America and the American public refuses to admit that is where the problem in the church exists.  They say it's a crime of pedophilia, but it isn't.  It's a crime of predatory abuse of a homosexual nature.

Therefore, it is the American political correctness agenda that is covering up for these Catholic issues also.

Christianity isn't to blame as much as homosexuality is.

I heard the Arch bishop make a statement that excommunicating should not be used as a weapon. I guess I don't get that.  It wouldn't be a weapon, it would be done based on the actions that were taken. Most would call is a consequence. I thought that procuring an abortion was instant grounds for excommunication. Sure doesn't seem like a stretch to me but I don't practice anymore since I have had my own issues with the Catholic church. 

17 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Diplomat, those articles answer your question about why the church doesn't do anything about the crimes and covers them up.  The problem goes to the very top of the church hierarchy.  Those at the top are guilty of the same offenses, so they don't want it exposed.  

Pedastry is pointed out as evidence this is not a pedophile issue, but a homosexual issue.  The second article presents more evidence to prove that.

The problem here is that homosexuals are a protected class in America and the American public refuses to admit that is where the problem in the church exists.  They say it's a crime of pedophilia, but it isn't.  It's a crime of predatory abuse of a homosexual nature.

Therefore, it is the American political correctness agenda that is covering up for these Catholic issues also.

Calling it pedastry and not pedophilia is just an attempt by the church to demonize gays and shift the blame from where it truly belongs.  Call it whatever you want- it's a crime.  Christianity is not to blame for the crime.  But, the church is absolutely to blame for covering up the crimes of it's priests and leadership and for creating a culture of abuse- abuse of the children that they claim to care so much about.  The organization has chosen for decades to protect itself and not it's most vulnerable members.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I disagree.  I do not believe that the church is made up of homosexuals from the top down.  I do not think they are hiding these criminals because they are in some plot to do the same.  I do think they are hiding this stuff because they want to save face.  Because how could Gods servants ever do such a thing????   Its hypocrisy at its finest.  There are sick people in all walks of life.  The way they chose to deal with these crimes are the issue at hand.  Nobody would have an issue if they were brought to law enforcement    People have an issue when its swept under the rug  

Political correctness in america isnt covering these issues up   The vatican is.   This isnt isolated to america.  

As far as the american public and the catholic church goes......  i dont think they care about the catholic church  as much as you think.  more people are upset them as the days go bye.  The american public does not protect child molesters   Thats a silly statement to be honest.  The catholic church protects child molesters    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

That problem is  just as bad or worse in the public school system .

But of course being they mostly belong to one particular political party  the media and Hollywood never talk about it who also have a big problem with sexual predators and homosexuality in there ranks . 

Media calling out catholic church for sex abuse and perversion. 

Is like the pot calling the kettle black.

If I'm going to pick which one is worse I would say media Hollywood gets the prize .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, virgil said:

Calling it pedastry and not pedophilia is just an attempt by the church to demonize gays and shift the blame from where it truly belongs.  Call it whatever you want- it's a crime.  Christianity is not to blame for the crime.  But, the church is absolutely to blame for covering up the crimes of it's priests and leadership and for creating a culture of abuse- abuse of the children that they claim to care so much about.  The organization has chosen for decades to protect itself and not it's most vulnerable members.

I was with you except for the bold. when you say culture of abuse it seems to infer that the abuse is the norm rather than the exception. I don't believe that.  I will buy the culture of cover up. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

8 minutes ago, virgil said:

Again, trying to confuse homosexuality with pedophilia.  Way to go guys. 

Did either of you two deniers read the articles?  They make it perfectly clear it wasn't child molestation, but homosexual predatory abuse of post-pubescent males.  That isn't pedophilia.

Yes the church covered it up and that is the problem.  But it covered up homosexual abuse because there are many homosexuals in the upper echelons of the church, right up to the cardinals in the Vatican.  The American left has also covered it up trying to blame pedophiles to deflect scrutiny of homosexuals, when it fact it was homosexuals, not pedophiles.

I have a lot of experience with the Catholic church due to my Catholic school education, my family's catholic roots, and my family's funeral home ownership which was closely connected to the church.  Many priests have been heard discussing issues with the church's "gay mafia" as they called it.  Issues they felt would destroy the church.  This is an issue that has been ongoing in the church for over 50 years.  It's an undeniable fact.

You two guys need to go back and read those articles again.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, virgil said:

Again, trying to confuse homosexuality with pedophilia.  Way to go guys. 

OK, I won't confuse the two for you Virgil, but I will say that homosexuals are in general obsessed with sex way MORE than the typical straight human being.  Hell, their entire identity is based on who they choose to have sex with.  Why is that?   I could give crap who they want to hump, why do they insist that I should know about it?     I find something very wrong with that.

Edited by steve863

This has nothing to do with pedophiles.  Why do you suppose the American left pushes the narrative that it does?

"While there may be near unanimity in condemning pedophilia, pederasty is another story. The website of the North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) insists that such a relationship “is not what you view on television or read in newspapers. It’s not what you hear on Oprah or Geraldo, nor is it the propaganda put out by police and politicians. It’s the love of a man for a boy, and of a boy for a man. Enjoyable, consensual, beautiful.” Furthermore, the website adds, “Our society is beginning to recognize the value and richness of human diversity.”

Rahe notes the Catholic Church has provided a home for pederasts for quite some time. He cites a priest named Gerald Fitzgerald, who began counseling priests for their problems with alcoholism, substance abuse, and celibacy in 1947. Fitzgerald also spent a decade trying to alert American bishops and officials in the Vatican that pederasty was a growing problem.

He was ignored. So was a 1984 report compiled by Dominican priest Thomas P. O'Doyle, Louisiana attorney F. Ray Mouton Jr., and priest/psychiatrist Michael Peterson, who sent their troubling findings to “every bishop in the country in 1985.” Rahe surmised that the Church’s failure to act was only possible if there were some complicity on the part of the Vatican."

Edited by Rattler

26 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I was with you except for the bold. when you say culture of abuse it seems to infer that the abuse is the norm rather than the exception. I don't believe that.  I will buy the culture of cover up. 

When I use the term 'culture of abuse', I mean the institution-wide practice of systematic coverup that allows the abuse to continue unabated.

• Like 1

Just to let you guys know I posted that to talk about the abortion law  going way far .

I believe the catholic church problem is exaggerated 

Hollywood leftist propaganda. 

You will find more pedophiles in Hollywood and the public schools then any church don't let them fool you .

• Haha 1