Online Ammo Purchases

moog5050

I can reload .45acp for roughly 12 cents a round vs 25-30 for factory. But again none factors in time. If you try to reload to save money you've got another thing coming. You'll just wind up shooting more and likely spending more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dam I didn’t know you reloaded... feel like giving me some lessons if I buy the stuff I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely! Always great to get someone in the groove of it

But you're going to have to promise to then teach others too. Gotta bring up the next generation. You know what you're wanting to reload?

I'm not really a teacher but have been reloading for a while now. If you are interested I'd be happy to be a mentor. It's very rewarding and nice stress reliever to lock oneself away from all distractions and just be as precise as possible and make quality stuff not to mention the tinkering factor is always tons of fun

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2019 at 11:42 AM, moog5050 said:

Bob

How much are you saving in terms of cost by reloading in general.  I know it will vary but 20, 30 or 40%.  I know there are benfits beyond cost savings such as dialing in your own load but I am just curious if the cost is a major factor.  Starting get some odd-ish calibers where reloading may make more sense or just when I shoot a lot.

I reload for 2  -  300 win mags , even buying new brass, I save about 20%. Reloading my accumulated brass, I can save 40% vs buying new . You will shoot more , developing your perfect load but shooting is fun practice. I have found , that you can load more accurate ammo as compared to factory premium ammo.  I have the Hornady  Classic kit and love it , did not care for the Lee press, seemed cheap.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

About handloading, once you have your brass there will be a decent savings, depending on how one shops for components the savings can be quite substantial as there are very good deals to be had even on high end stuff.

As far as reloading equipment it is all made to be able to work and integrate regardless of what manufacturer's items that catches your favor. I have presses, powder measures, dies, and scales among other stuff collected through the years from all the major equipment players out of the past and present and it all works well together to produce top notch ammo. Equipment price is not always an indicator of  it's ability to produce quality ammo. Some look down their nose at Lee equipment because of it's price and construction but I can not find any fault the ammo quality it produces or in it's durability, it is a best buy and it works great.

The best part about handloading is the personal "satisfaction"!, that one hole group target, or knocking off a crow at near 500 yards or droping a bull moose with ammo you yourself worked up and created, it is "the icing on the cake" of a hunt! 

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3