When is technology TOO much...?

nyslowhand

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If someone wanted to tap into that conversation, they can do it and youd never know.

Lip readers and sound enhancement devices lol 

So just put loud music on and cover   month  and talk in code  :)

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:20 AM, rob-c said:

Every thing on your phone you can turn off, I always keep my location services off unless I am using my gps. I checked my FaceTime and it was off also. My next truck I am going with a base model work truck.

They make a base model truck??? I havent seen  base model since roll down windows and triangular vent windows....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, G-Man said:

A f 250 alone isnt a base model.. it's an upgrade from a 150..

Not really. Its a 3/4 ton, which is quite a bit different from a 1/2 ton. Its not like the old days where they were all basically the same besides having heavier frames and suspension. Body, Interior, frame, suspension, brakes, axles, pretty much everything is different now. You can get base model trucks in every size, its just that todays base model still has things that were considered "bells and whistles" in the 80s and early 90s, like power windows and locks.

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Not really. Its a 3/4 ton, which is quite a bit different from a 1/2 ton. Its not like the old days where they were all basically the same besides having heavier frames and suspension. Body, Interior, frame, suspension, brakes, axles, pretty much everything is different now. You can get base model trucks in every size, its just that todays base model still has things that were considered "bells and whistles" in the 80s and early 90s, like power windows and locks.

The 2017 up f250s share the same cab as  the 150’s. The base model 250’s are considered work trucks and do not come with electric seats/ windows / door locks / cruise control and just a radio. But include a/c , tilt- telescopic steering and back up camera. I am waiting for the 2020 250’s to come out,  supposedly fords using a new 7.3 liter gas motor   bolted to the 10 speed trans that’s supposed to have more hp & torque plus get better mileage than the 6.2 and the older v10 they have used.  And the 250’s do not come with the auto stop start ..... 

Edited by rob-c

3 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

The Joy of reading a old fashioned Book is almost obsolete now. Audio Books are now being used more and more.  Less thinking is being done in that way however. Just my opinion.

books are not obsolete, not even close. Yes the e-reader market has grown, but the words are still the same.

1 hour ago, Belo said:

books are not obsolete, not even close. Yes the e-reader market has grown, but the words are still the same.

If I had to guess if you look around  I would say its 50/50 Split between people reading on electronic devices and books right now .

I don't think books made of paper will go away all together anytime soon . 

How words are consumed and created is just more technology reflection. In 1989, there were a quarter million words. Today, more than a million are recognized.

Reading isn't going by the wayside soon.

Edited by phade

in 10 years schools wont have hardly have a book it will all be downloads.  Already many require a laptop.  I havent read a book in years.  Everything is instant information or digital.  Libraries are obsolete.  Hell my 80 year old mother has a kindle (and no its not growie lol) Magazines , newspapers are all failing.  Dunno if its a good /bad thing but print is going away quickly.  We will prob be seeing more and more professors being on an interactive facetime for multiple classes in schools.  And man i hate the phone in webinar meetings but there just seem to be more and more of them.  Larger world easily connected and people dont have to travel.  Reading books will be a generational thing that we did and your kids once did.  Hell directions for things you buy now are listed as a download on a website.  Why print something out for it to be just thrown away.