More laws by Cuomo

10 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Until you realise that people in this world dont like certain things and will expend copious amounts of energy to make it seem like their point is valid 

That's not what we are up against. These legislators are not trying to convince anyone of anything. They are imposing their will on an unwilling public and using the levers of power we gave them to oppress us and undermine the nation's foundational rights and ideology. This indicates the brokenness of the system. And as such, this ends one way and one way only. The ship of state is sinking. Get chickens and bullets and barbed wire. 

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

That's not what we are up against. These legislators are not trying to convince anyone of anything. They are imposing their will on an unwilling public and using the levers of power we gave them to oppress us and undermine the nation's foundational rights and ideology. This indicates the brokenness of the system. And as such, this ends one way and one way only. The ship of state is sinking. Get chickens and bullets and barbed wire. 

Chickens - check

Bullets - check

Barbed wire - I can scrounge some up.

What do I do with all this?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Chickens - check

Bullets - check

Barbed wire - I can scrounge some up.

What do I do with all this?

Very simple. Stuff the chickens with as many bullets as possible. Then wrap said chickens in a generous amount of barbed wire. You can then string them up around the property to keep the bad juju out.

13 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

Very simple. Stuff the chickens with as many bullets as possible. Then wrap said chickens in a generous amount of barbed wire. You can then string them up around the property to keep the bad juju out.

Seriously, are you predicting the breakdown of society? Revolution? Civil war? Over Cuomo and the legislature's gun laws?

I abhor this continued infringement on my 2A rights, but the Safe Act didn't cause civil unrest. And like it or not, New York is a lost cause.

Seriously, are you predicting the breakdown of society? Revolution? Civil war? Over Cuomo and the legislature's gun laws?
I abhor this continued infringement on my 2A rights, but the Safe Act didn't cause civil unrest. And like it or not, New York is a lost cause.
Haven't you realized yet that The Field Ager is really Chicken Little?!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the funny thing is - isnt Cuomo actually doing his job???  just because we dont like it -  we say he is terrible.  But he was elected in a landslide and must be they wanted his progressive agenda.  Isnt that still democracy?  guess what we are the minority in NY like it or not.  As you can see by who was elected. Democracy when we lose is still democracy isnt it? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

the funny thing is - isnt Cuomo actually doing his job???  just because we dont like it -  we say he is terrible.  But he was elected in a landslide and must be they wanted his progressive agenda.  Isnt that still democracy?  guess what we are the minority in NY like it or not.  As you can see by who was elected. Democracy when we lose is still democracy isnt it? 

Exactly. We are in the minority and no longer welcome in this state. And that's from the Governor's own mouth. Five years or less for me, and I'm heading south. I only hope there are some rich libbies who want to pay me what I want for my house and 86 acres of deer paradise (20% discount for HNY members).

And it isn't because of the gun laws or the weather - that's a bonus.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Exactly. We are in the minority and no longer welcome in this state. And that's from the Governor's own mouth. Five years or less for me, and I'm heading south. I only hope there are some rich libbies who want to pay me what I want for my house and 86 acres of deer paradise (20% discount for HNY members).

And it isn't because of the gun laws or the weather - that's a bonus.

yeah i kinda feel like we lost folks.  Most people just dont think like we do and its become obvious to me.  Times change. 

• Like 1

i'm young and just started with a family. not moving anytime soon. plus the rest of my family is here. ride out the storm. Everyone elected really burned some villages down with the any point in the term abortion stuff from what i'm hearing. even from those who aren't necessarily pro-life but somewhere in the middle. everything is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

31 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

he's doing just what he needs to do. he was way more moderate when first elected. his approval is severely divided. voters upstate assume he'll win and think there's no other options.  voters down state voice what they want and he does that and then some.  he never wins a majority in upstate. he even loses badly i mean he lost here in Albany where he conducts his shady business!  Every candidate running had no experience or was largely unknown.  They weren't groomed and weren't moderate enough to be sensible. Also you can't beat Cuomo with someone who appeals to folks that are extreme right. It'll never happen.

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Isnt that still democracy?  guess what we are the minority in NY like it or not.  As you can see by who was elected. Democracy when we lose is still democracy isnt it? 

I think we fall under # 3:

Definition of democracy

1a : government by the people especially : rule of the majority
b : a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections
2 : a political unit that has a democratic government
3 capitalized : the principles and policies of the Democratic party in the U.S.

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

the sky has been falling for papsmear since he joined this board. 

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

exactly. it's not any different than what bush and trump have done. doing what they said they would and the group that didn't vote for him doesn't like it. I do think some of the abortion stuff is a little much though. Not sure that much of his base support that. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

what would make them believe this? crime stats suggests otherwise. There has to be a more sinister reason for the constant attack on the 2A. These people may be evil, but they surely know that attacking the 2A has no impact on criminals. This cannot be about their belief in a tolerant loving utopia.(nobody can believe that crap at this point)  something else is going on.

From an article I read......

"The reality is that gun control is a placebo, pushed by certain Left wing politicians. It is attractive for them to do so because a large portion of their voter base has a cultural and emotional dislike of guns anyway. Therefore they are being asked to surrender nothing that they personally value and something emotionally don't want others to have. It is far easier for them to point to this disliked object and say "See, if we can just get rid of this thing that you already hate, you'll be safe and we'll solve this horrible problem."

It would be far harder, though far more honest and effective to talk about the root causes that drive people to commit violence in the first place, rather then the choice of tools they use. However, doing so would involve discussions that are expensive, scary, often politically incorrect, inconvenient and might cause some of their constituents to have to sacrifice something they do care about. Thus they are avoided in favor of placebo's."

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eric J said:

From an article I read......

"The reality is that gun control is a placebo, pushed by certain Left wing politicians. It is attractive for them to do so because a large portion of their voter base has a cultural and emotional dislike of guns anyway. Therefore they are being asked to surrender nothing that they personally value and something emotionally don't want others to have. It is far easier for them to point to this disliked object and say "See, if we can just get rid of this thing that you already hate, you'll be safe and we'll solve this horrible problem."

It would be far harder, though far more honest and effective to talk about the root causes that drive people to commit violence in the first place, rather then the choice of tools they use. However, doing so would involve discussions that are expensive, scary, often politically incorrect, inconvenient and might cause some of their constituents to have to sacrifice something they do care about. Thus they are avoided in favor of placebo's."

So Dems consider their voting base to be total morons. Interesting. I cannot believe though that people who live in the communities worst effected think that the gang-bangers are buying their pistols at Cabela's. 

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

He is doing what the folks that elected him want him to do or at least don't mind what he is doing. But we aren't a democracy. Far from it actually. The constitution and amendments were set up to avoid what a true democracy can give you---rule by a majority at the expense of the minority.  Seems like we trip over ourselves to protect the rights and interests of minorities in this Country and State unless it doesn't fit the left's narrative. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

First of all we are not a democracy.  We are a representative Republic.  What's the difference?  The majority is not allowed to infringe on the rights of the minority when all citizens are represented and their rights are protected. 

Cuomo is NOT doing his job.  He swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and he is violating that oath by preventing responsible gun owners from freely exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

It's unconstitutional to allow the majority to force suppression of inalienable rights.  If Cuomo was doing his job, he would be educating the masses in NY about that point.

Edited by Rattler
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rattler said:

First of all we are not a democracy.  We are a representative Republic.  What's the difference?  The majority is not allowed to infringe on the rights of the minority when all citizens are represented and their rights are protected. 

Cuomo is NOT doing his job.  He swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States and he is violating that oath by preventing responsible gun owners from freely exercising their 2nd Amendment rights.

It's unconstitutional to allow the majority to force suppression of inalienable rights.  If Cuomo was doing his job, he would be educating the masses in NY about that point.

This is for sure the way it should be. But does any politician follow the oath they swear or represent all people?  This just isn't today's reality it seems and I bet you would agree that that ship has sadly long ago sailed. 

And he may not be doing his "job" but apparently the people that hire him every four years are satisfied.  He must be doing what the majority of people want. 

2 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

So Dems consider their voting base to be total morons. Interesting. I cannot believe though that people who live in the communities worst effected think that the gang-bangers are buying their pistols at Cabela's. 

They just look at it as they have guns, let's get rid of guns .  They see and have  no need for them at all.   They don't care about 2a. They just dont want to hear about shootings every night and school shootings.  And they think this will lessen the problem.  They don't seek out or care to hear reasons from the other side.  People read and search out what justifies their own feelings. And another gun law....in their opinion.....doesn't hurt me any, I'm all for it. 

8 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

This is for sure the way it should be. But does any politician follow the oath they swear or represent all people?  This just isn't today's reality it seems and I bet you would agree that that ship has sadly long ago sailed. 

And he may not be doing his "job" but apparently the people that hire him every four years are satisfied.  He must be doing what the majority of people want. 

That may be so, but it's only because people are not willing to fight for their rights.  If the majority of people wanted slavery and the Governor gave it to them, wouldn't the courts step in?  Why do we not demand the courts step in on 2nd A infringement?  The time for a challenge is approaching because the SCOTUS will soon be pro 2nd A.  

If gun owners squander the opportunity to challenge each and every unlawful 2nd A infringement in the near future, we will have only ourselves to blame.  Be advised, it will take monetary contributions to gun rights orgs to get it done.  We will soon see if gun owners are will to pay to keep their rights, or lie down and be oppressed.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

download (51).jpg

I never understood why ,one wolf wouldn’t side with the sheep  to get rid of the other wolf first . Wouldn’t the republican want the  sheep to vote with him and get rid of the democrat ?

https://www.andrewcuomo.com/

Look at Cuomo's list of real problems in New York State.  So Cuomo thinks, and obviously the majority of voters in New York believe that Marriage Equality, $15 Minimum Wage, Paid Family Leave, Tuition Free College, Gun Safety and Protecting Healthcare are NY's major problems.  Obviously the following REAL problems like high taxes, high crime, generous welfare to enable the lazy, an opioid crisis, a failed mental health system keeping the violent mentally ill loose in public, a failed corrections system that is not keeping violent sociopaths (ex. William Spengler) locked up for life and failed schools apparently are not that important.

Cuomo will legalize marijuana for all those mentally ill to pacify them so they may continue to see the world through rosy colored eye glasses!

Edited by ADK Native