Whatcha got for a temp ?

turkeyfeathers

car thermostat sucks and reads colder than it probably is. weather station out by my house still reading -3F with a feels like of -4F and pretty calm right now. i'm down in Albany at the office and it's about 4 degrees warmer but more wind for a colder feels like temp.

20 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Just walked the the dog barefoot ( me and him ) . Why ?

F3D3B84D-1A44-48BC-AE3C-0D8B18A37AA8.png

looks brutal a touch north of you and right on the water at my parent's house. if you head toward the coast more or a hour or so north make sure you bring a sweatshirt. better not wear any jerusalem cruisers after sun down or your toes will get cold. keep us updated so we know you're okay.

Capture.JPG

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

A tip of the hat to the snow birds!!!!  

I've forgotten how nice it is to dress in shorts and a T shirt!

pondering going down to see the parents soon. just don't want to play a lot for flights. with all these cold snaps vacationers are heading in a hurry.

6 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

pondering going down to see the parents soon. just don't want to play a lot for flights. with all these cold snaps vacationers are heading in a hurry.

Ya we’ re in the Villages now , North port starts tomorrow. Right now at wife’s Best friends, although my sister has a winter home here too .

North Port my  sister in law is visiting for a week , wife’s best friend is coming for a stay, as well as assorted other friends and shoestring relatives . I may need to escape there myself .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Ya we’ re in the Villages now , North port starts tomorrow. Right now at wife’s Best friends, although my sister has a winter home here too .

North Port my  sister in law is visiting for a week , wife’s best friend is coming for a stay, as well as assorted other friends and shoestring relatives . I may need to escape there myself .

My parent's go after the holidays and don't come back until april. they're lucky if they get a week to themselves alone without the rest of the extended family "booking" rooms. haha

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Some more of that global warming that Gore was talking about?....lol.

Well there going to blame it on the polar vortex  .

The left never admits there  wrong on anything  they will just make up a excuse like  blame bush   heard that one for 8 years lol 

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Just walked the the dog barefoot ( me and him ) . Why ?

F3D3B84D-1A44-48BC-AE3C-0D8B18A37AA8.png

Your just north of where I'm from,sitting here with a temp of 2 I'm really wishing we hadn't moved.  Enjoy the weather,granted if your from there its considered cold at 53,lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, First-light said:

5 on the Island. My crazy daughter of 14 wants me to bring her hockey skates to school when I pick her up. There is a big frozen puddle in the middle of the athletic field, she wants to skate on it this afternoon! crazy kid. 

IMG_2653.thumb.jpg.b723d205697f08652b0be503eb1c2a41.jpgIMG_2647.thumb.jpg.6a4bf9ea0db0a13843c679819d71be9a.jpgIMG_2648.thumb.jpg.bab2cd0735e13d9902b76da1eaf49279.jpgShe did it and we didn't get kicked out!IMG_2652.thumb.jpg.8ee3a7859283cd77ca20ff235ccb6555.jpg

• Like 4

I was surprised... when I went to bed last night it was 6º here on the island. I thought "I wonder what it is up there..."  expecting double digits below.  So I checked the temp in Roseboom....  6º    That's unusual.

3º woke up, didn't bother to check the other. lol

I did some tasks in my yard early this morning before heading to work, it was beautiful out. No wind and dry. Usually it's miserable down here in the winter, generally speaking I'd take a 8º day up where I hunt over a 28º day down here because the wind/moisture makes it so raw all the time. But this morning was beautiful, had I not know the temperature I'd have guessed it about 30º. 

Edited by cas