I bought a tractor

A John Deere 955. I bought it from an online auction. I actually haven't seen it yet, but from what I'm told, it looks pretty clean. (A friend went and got it for me as I'm out of town.) Relative to the cost of a new one, I'm happy with the deal I got on this one. I did food plots two years ago, couldn't do them last year because life got in the way, and will now be able to do them this year.

y4m6Fddn2bGvazPh0LdFsCk4r9qyts-xyuG7qG9T

• Like 15

A John Deere 955. I bought it from an online auction. I actually haven't seen it yet, but from what I'm told, it looks pretty clean. (A friend went and got it for me as I'm out of town.) Relative to the cost of a new one, I'm happy with the deal I got on this one. I did food plots two years ago, couldn't do them last year because life got in the way, and will now be able to do them this year.

y4m6Fddn2bGvazPh0LdFsCk4r9qyts-xyuG7qG9TgPfKjqQHi-lLXqUvMd5P9nC3ekdl_56KkWeZ6crYsa_QoH3QyxpjS1eWDptZiAzcYLmSvPhdK1XPpdNTiBWVt0BYXYZ2HxOCUeH-vKG_EqIqJ-Mcor4wrPp_BnNTd3KoLCQtUdilFzh4hKikY3r7deLUvYvnamvMrxBw3nL2ckXPqQqfA?width=660%26height=495%26cropmode=none&key=c931f7efc6d856792eab37fcbfe8b7af479f1788ce4fd17a9c9fff3aeef944d7

Awesome, congrats! Can you make a nice kill plot for my spot on your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Awesome, congrats! Can you make a nice kill plot for my spot on your property?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider it done, Biz.

Last time I did seven half-acre plots over a roughly 20 acre area. I think I will do the same, although I've considered making some of the plots bigger.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Consider it done, Biz.

Last time I did seven half-acre plots over a roughly 20 acre area. I think I will do the same, although I've considered making some of the plots bigger.

You can plant a half acre of poison ivy for biz to set up his ground blind in the middle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, TreeGuy said:

Nice little rig ! Do yourself a favor, get some ag tires. Unless your gonna drive over the front lawn, those turf tires are garbage.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I was going to say the same thing. Even with just a small disc on that, it will get buried in a heartbeat with those turf tires. Also make sure to get the rear tires loaded, its a big help with traction and will make lifting things with the bucket alot less butt puckering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I was going to say the same thing. Even with just a small disc on that, it will get buried in a heartbeat with those turf tires. Also make sure to get the rear tires loaded, its a big help with traction and will make lifting things with the bucket alot less butt puckering.

I agree on dumping the turf tires unless you are mowing your lawn with it. I am not a fan of loaded tires though. a real pain to have the tires worked on. I'd opt for a 3 point weight box instead for the counter weight. . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May need new rims as well. AG's are much narrower than turfs. Don't forget to look up what size ag tires go on there. It's not like a car where all sizes stay the same. Also with 4wd you need to be certain that size of front and back ratio stays the same.

U should be able to pick up a new set of 4 and have loaded for 1000-1500. Get AG's. Have them loaded with beet juice / rim guard. It's a plot machine. You will not regret.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May need new rims as well. AG's are much narrower than turfs. Don't forget to look up what size ag tires go on there. It's not like a car where all sizes stay the same. Also with 4wd you need to be certain that size of front and back ratio stays the same.

U should be able to pick up a new set of 4 and have loaded for 1000-1500. Get AG's. Have them loaded with beet juice / rim guard. It's a plot machine. You will not regret.

Best part of that is if you get thirsty just punch a hole in a tire and press your lips to it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I agree on dumping the turf tires unless you are mowing your lawn with it. I am not a fan of loaded tires though. a real pain to have the tires worked on. I'd opt for a 3 point weight box instead for the counter weight. . 

But then you are sacrificing some of the utility. Im glad I got my tires loaded. I dont work on them at all, so its not a pain for me hahaha.

• Like 1