I bought a tractor

Just now, The Jerkman said:

But isn't it the vegatable beet juice? Also beets are disgusting btw

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Its made from sugar beets, but there are other things in it and it has "gone bad" so it reeks. Just think of what a brassica plot smells like when it starts getting warm in the spring from the rotting turnips, etc. Its like that only alot stronger.

Its made from sugar beets, but there are other things in it and it has "gone bad" so it reeks. Just think of what a brassica plot smells like when it starts getting warm in the spring from the rotting turnips, etc. Its like that only alot stronger.
Like skunk cabbage?

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

That sounds pretty gross

I could smell it the day they delivered my Kioti, as they had just finished loading the tires up. They washed it before delivery but every now and again Id get a wiff. It was nasty. I left it sitting where it would get rained on a few times before I put it in the barn.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Ag lugs for sure dont get fooled into industrial..tractors need weight for traction so load the tires 

I agree with that.  Unfortunately, close to 90 % of CUT's are sold with those.   Turfs with chains will provide significantly better traction in wet or soft ground than industrials (R4's).   That said, a lot of the soil in the area where Goose's property deal recently fell thru, on that chunk of land next to interstate 90, is pretty well-drained.  My dad's 2WD, JD CUT, about that same size, does ok with turfs without chains on a 5 ft, pull-type disk.   The only time I need put on the chains, or fire up his antique JD M (with loaded Ags) is when breaking new ground with a two-bottom plow.   It a whole different deal in the mucky, Tonawanda creek bottomland soil over at my place.  Here, any moisture at all in the ground makes 4wd tractors, with R4 or turf tires, struggle to develop as much drawbar pull as an equal-weight 2wd tractor with loaded ags. 

So, depending on what type of soil he has, and how well it is drained, he might be ok with the turfs.  As long as there is a loader on the front, the rear tires should be loaded (and probably already are).   If traction becomes an issue, getting a set of chains for the backs (fronts and backs if it is 4wd), might make more sense than getting another set of rims with Ags (R1's) on them.    Those chains are also a big help on the snow and ice, in the winter with turf tires, whether they are loaded or not.          

I agree with that.  Unfortunately, close to 90 % of CUT's are sold with those.   Turfs with chains will provide significantly better traction in wet or soft ground than industrials (R4's).   That said, a lot of the soil in the area where Goose's property deal recently fell thru, on that chunk of land next to interstate 90, is pretty well-drained.  My dad's 2WD, JD CUT, about that same size, does ok with turfs without chains on a 5 ft, pull-type disk.   The only time I need put on the chains, or fire up his antique JD M (with loaded Ags) is when breaking new ground with a two-bottom plow.   It a whole different deal in the mucky, Tonawanda creek bottomland soil over at my place.  Here, any moisture at all in the ground makes 4wd tractors, with R4 or turf tires, struggle to develop as much drawbar pull as an equal-weight 2wd tractor with loaded ags. 
So, depending on what type of soil he has, and how well it is drained, he might be ok with the turfs.  As long as there is a loader on the front, the rear tires should be loaded (and probably already are).   If traction becomes an issue, getting a set of chains for the backs (fronts and backs if it is 4wd), might make more sense than getting another set of rims with Ags (R1's) on them.    Those chains are also a big help on the snow and ice, in the winter with turf tires, whether they are loaded or not.          
No matter what kind of dirt you have, a machine with the sole purpose of food plots and deer type prep, should have r1 AG's. There is zero advantage to turfs. Have fun walking back to the house to get chains once you bury it in the spring muck. Almost as cool as putting the chains on, in the muck. Then once they are on, and it still doesn't move, better hope the neighbors have AG's on their tractor.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

No matter what kind of dirt you have, a machine with the sole purpose of food plots and deer type prep, should have r1 AG's. There is zero advantage to turfs. Have fun walking back to the house to get chains once you bury it in the spring muck. Almost as cool as putting the chains on, in the muck. Then once they are on, and it still doesn't move, better hope the neighbors have AG's on their tractor.

X2!

Consider snow use too.

I retrieved a couple of deer out back a half mile in the worst of that snow last rifle season. And it was mud underneath. Quads were high centering and kind of useless. Tractor with the AG tires just churned on through without a worry. It's a 4WD tractor, but I didn't notice it was in 2WD until I was back out getting the second one. 

We did talk boats today .....

Also my car mechanic gave me a case of windshield washer fluid , he bought something like 100 cases to fill his tractor tires . He paid like 60 cents a gallon , never knew guys did that .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

We did talk boats today .....

Also my car mechanic gave me a case of windshield washer fluid , he bought something like 100 cases to fill his tractor tires . He paid like 60 cents a gallon , never knew guys did that .
Def works. With smaller tires I'd recommend the rim guard cause it's like 2x heavier per gallon than wwf

5 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

May need new rims as well. AG's are much narrower than turfs. Don't forget to look up what size ag tires go on there. It's not like a car where all sizes stay the same. Also with 4wd you need to be certain that size of front and back ratio stays the same.

U should be able to pick up a new set of 4 and have loaded for 1000-1500. Get AG's. Have them loaded with beet juice / rim guard. It's a plot machine. You will not regret.

You da man. Thank you for your guidance. Do I have to go to a John Deere dealer for this, or can any tractor service place get them/do this for me?

I'd stay away from the dealers. Try and find a local tire place. They should be able to set you up and get you loaded.

Why do you help a brother out. Do it for Goose!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1