I bought a tractor

8 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Freedom tire. He will come to you

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I will look into it when I'm back in town. Can you give me any contact info for Freedom Tire?

Would you know if I can put the tractor on a car lift? If so, I can remove the tires myself, which should help.

10 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

We did talk boats today .....

Also my car mechanic gave me a case of windshield washer fluid , he bought something like 100 cases to fill his tractor tires . He paid like 60 cents a gallon , never knew guys did that .

It works and won’t freeze but it dry rots the tires eventually. 

16 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

No matter what kind of dirt you have, a machine with the sole purpose of food plots and deer type prep, should have r1 AG's. There is zero advantage to turfs. Have fun walking back to the house to get chains once you bury it in the spring muck. Almost as cool as putting the chains on, in the muck. Then once they are on, and it still doesn't move, better hope the neighbors have AG's on their tractor.

Let alone sliding on wet leaves on a hill or slope

12 hours ago, goosifer said:

I will look into it when I'm back in town. Can you give me any contact info for Freedom Tire?

Would you know if I can put the tractor on a car lift? If so, I can remove the tires myself, which should help.

If you buy new tires for it most places will come and remove and install new on site ..my Oliver were 1000 for rear two changed and reloaded with new tubes and calcium. Watching the guy beat them off the beads

.I'll gladly pay to have my tractor tires done any time

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, G-Man said:

If you buy new tires for it most places will come and remove and install new on site ..my Oliver were 1000 for rear two changed and reloaded with new tubes and calcium. Watching the guy beat them off the beads

.I'll gladly pay to have my tractor tires done any time

Did commercial  truck and farm tires for a couple  years back in my late teens . It's a young man's job for sure . Guy I worked for was in his 50s . He was all beaten and broken from years of abuse. It's a no brainer  to hire it done.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Did commercial  truck and farm tires for a couple  years back in my late teens . It's a young man's job for sure . Guy I worked for was in his 50s . He was all beaten and broken from years of abuse. It's a no brainer  to hire it done.

My brother worked in commercial tires for many years a long time ago. He told me a story about how they sent him on a job to change a skidsteer tire at beef fat rendering plant . . . . 

Worst one I did  was  a tractor tire in a field  of fresh spread manure.  Farmer tried to  drive off a field and got stuck in a low wet spot.   Blocking a tractor up in the mud took longer than  tube and calcium chloride combined. Culprit for that tire was a deer shed . Took 4 of us 6 hrs to change.a tire on a scraper. That was just solid bull work .

The bb's may be safe from me this year, because I usually only end up with one every other year.  I will not hesitate to send it, if any opportunities presents themselves, especially after reading about that tractor tire issue.  The best way to save the tires is to nip them antlers in the bud.  

Edited by wolc123

The bb's may be safe from me this year, because I usually only end up with one every other year.  I will not hesitate to send it, if any opportunities presents themselves, especially after reading about that tractor tire issue.  The best way to save the tires is to nip them antlers in the bud.  
Whatever your reasoning is for laying off the BB's, I'm with it. Might even make u a t-shirt, "save the tractor tires"

they loaded my tires. Just not sure with what. but the guy who dropped it off said that I would need spacers to run tire chains.
delivery.thumb.jpg.329d76a0d7ae40b4e2e4b302b13eba6d.jpg
If you have traction issues, there's a tool out there that cuts siping into the lugs on those r4's. Supposedly does wonders for Trac. Still won't compare to an ag lug but can help and be much less a pain than chains.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 12:46 PM, TreeGuy said:

Nice little rig ! Do yourself a favor, get some ag tires. Unless your gonna drive over the front lawn, those turf tires are garbage.

Well, you were right. My hunting land is the soggiest it's ever been. It's about 1/4 mile from Lake Ontario and it seems like the water table is higher than usual. The person I have cutting my trails got stuck within 50 yards of the road yesterday. I went out with the Kubota RTV 900 to pull it out and it got stuck, too. For both, the tires got filled up with wet mud and had zero traction. There was standing water in the ruts we made. We went back out today and with some pieces of wood, et al, and got both of them unstuck, fortunately.

So question: How effective would tires chains be (on all 4 tires) vs. getting ag tires? Chains would be cheaper and faster to get . . . .

5 hours ago, goosifer said:

Well, you were right. My hunting land is the soggiest it's ever been. It's about 1/4 mile from Lake Ontario and it seems like the water table is higher than usual. The person I have cutting my trails got stuck within 50 yards of the road yesterday. I went out with the Kubota RTV 900 to pull it out and it got stuck, too. For both, the tires got filled up with wet mud and had zero traction. There was standing water in the ruts we made. We went back out today and with some pieces of wood, et al, and got both of them unstuck, fortunately.

So question: How effective would tires chains be (on all 4 tires) vs. getting ag tires? Chains would be cheaper and faster to get . . . .

You should never get stuck with a loader can pull or push your way back out.. always carry a chain and weld a chain hook on corners of front bucket. You can get.out of about any situation using bucket and chains as a come.along.it having chain also works to chain log to tire through rim and drive out .

8 hours ago, G-Man said:

You should never get stuck with a loader can pull or push your way back out.. always carry a chain and weld a chain hook on corners of front bucket. You can get.out of about any situation using bucket and chains as a come.along.it having chain also works to chain log to tire through rim and drive out .

Yes, that is eventually how we got it out. The mud was like a thick soup. Every time we pushed down on the bucket, it would just sink in. I had two large boards that I kept trying to put under the wheels, but there was no traction. I finally got the idea to lay the two boards down, parallel to the tractor, under the bucket. Then, when the bucket pushed down, it had some resistance and pushed the tractor back out of the rut.

I did try tow straps with Kubota, that's how it got stuck. then tried come-along between the two vehicles, but that didn't work.

I've heard about tying a log or 2x4 to wheels, but will need to research how to do that.

@G-Man, would you have an opinion on my chains vs. ag tires question?

Never tried it but if no bucket on the tractor or winch available. Ive seen guys put tow straps around the tires. and tie it off some where strong and sturdy.. as the tire spins it actually spools the tow strap around the wheel. So either the strap breaks or you get out.. one or the other.. 

• Like 1