EUCHRE

Pygmy

Heading over to the Legion  in a few minutes for our weekly euchre league....

Funny...Here in WNY everybody knows how to play euchre...When I was in the Navy I learned how regional  the game was...

Most of the guys had never HEARD of euchre...The only regions that seemed to know about it were WNY, central PA, and Michigan...

EVERYBODY from EVERYWHERE  knew how to play pinochle and hearts, but euchre was VERY regional..

• Like 2

I was forced to learn back in the early 80's while traveling to Texas via motor home with great friends from Clarence.  Maybe "forced" is too harsh a word but they needed another guy and I was IT!  I played for a few years back in those days but haven't played in many years. 

I know a bunch of guys that love to play, including my FIL.  He started a euchre club and they play once a week and oh yea, he's in an assisted living facility.

• Like 1

Pitch was always the game around here.  I majored in it in college.  

Me and my roommate got a challenge from two girls in the dorm that thought they could play.  The bet was if we lost we took them out to dinner, and if we won they had to clean our bathroom.  

Our bathroom smelled a lot better the next day. Lol 

• Haha 1

Wife and I are subs for a Euchre Group here .We get called on every once in a while . At work we played Euchre during break and lunch time .

While In the Marines I had to learn to play Double Pinochle before going on my 1st med cruise . Back in the barracks we played Whist .

As a kid we played Hearts , Crazy Eights , War , Brains , etc . 

Heading over to the Legion  in a few minutes for our weekly euchre league....
Funny...Here in WNY everybody knows how to play euchre...When I was in the Navy I learned how regional  the game was...
Most of the guys had never HEARD of euchre...The only regions that seemed to know about it were WNY, central PA, and Michigan...
EVERYBODY from EVERYWHERE  knew how to play pinochle and hearts, but euchre was VERY regional..

In Rhode Island we played High Low Jack, similar to euchre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Man early on in the FD, we played hearts all night long , not that computer hearts BS . It was screw the low guy . My LT used to call me dumber then a chicken ,as I didn’t know who was out of what suit ....

After that euchre was easy, although it certainly.is regional.

Our last Monthly Euchre party ( themed) I won . Here’s a pic.

92576186-5B0A-404A-9EB8-6BA60795A4AB.png

So after  the Thanksgiving meal and before my Dad left for hunting camp ,the men would gather and play Euchre,as a kid I could watch . My brother in law would leave to go to work and I was then called into play . My Dad and Grandfather has differant playing strategy,and it got ugly .

Fun family memories .

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

In Rhode Island we played High Low Jack, similar to euchre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You were playing pitch... high, low, jack and the game...The oldtimers in the local gunshop/poolroom where I grew up played that a lot..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Man early on in the FD, we played hearts all night long , not that computer hearts BS . It was screw the low guy . My LT used to call me dumber then a chicken ,as I didn’t know who was out of what suit ....

After that euchre was easy, although it certainly.is regional.

Our last Monthly Euchre party ( themed) I won . Here’s a pic.

92576186-5B0A-404A-9EB8-6BA60795A4AB.png

Jeeze, Larry...You had a LOT more good looking girls to play with than I do....<<sigh>>...

• Like 1