EUCHRE

Pygmy

Man early on in the FD, we played hearts all night long , not that computer hearts BS . It was screw the low guy . My LT used to call me dumber then a chicken ,as I didn’t know who was out of what suit ....
After that euchre was easy, although it certainly.is regional.
Our last Monthly Euchre party ( themed) I won . Here’s a pic.
92576186-5B0A-404A-9EB8-6BA60795A4AB.thumb.png.9ec91f3b4d2fa3cc65a5e3afede38a37.png
Did that make you the Euchre?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Jeeze, Larry...You had a LOT more good looking girls to play with than I do....<<sigh>>...

You can come ! In fact this months game is this Sat night , we’re out of town you can take my place . You’ll have to do shots of Fireball , and there’s often a conga line, between games .

27 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

You can come ! In fact this months game is this Sat night , we’re out of town you can take my place . You’ll have to do shots of Fireball , and there’s often a conga line, between games .

I could REALLY get in trouble there...Sounds like FUN !! ….Hehehe...

14 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Played a lot in school . Use to parlay my lunch money into  date money  for the weekend . My brother and I were a tuff team to beat.

Nothing like having a  good partner...I'm not talking about signals, cheating or any of that crap..Just knowing what  your partner is going to do has immense value in that game... In the leagues that I have played in, you have to draw for partners each night..Kind of levels the playing field...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Nothing like having a  good partner...I'm not talking about signals, cheating or any of that crap..Just knowing what  your partner is going to do has immense value in that game... In the leagues that I have played in, you have to draw for partners each night..Kind of levels the playing field...

used to do some pitch leagues and tournaments,  Def having a good partner - esp one that doesnt freak out and used to you - when i bid three and lead with a 9 of diamonds!  lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Never cheated ... didn't have to . We prided ourselves  on  no expression and no chit chat. Silent destruction we called it. Learn more by watching other people . My brother was hard core seriouse  about cards. He would let me know  after we were done  my mistakes. 

always count on your partner for one trick

Yes, we'd discuss errors /mistakes after a hand too.

nothing worse than a slow hand of euchre. keep it going people   let the cards flow as long as you can remember what was played, who has trump and who threw off

Been playing for years. Cheating hmmm....  Some well thought out "talk" about the hand were allowed and encouraged at my table.  Long as it was not so blatant. It was all fun. Weekly games in NYC. Played with a bunch of roller derby girls one time when I went.

34 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Never cheated ... didn't have to . We prided ourselves  on  no expression and no chit chat. Silent destruction we called it. Learn more by watching other people . My brother was hard core seriouse  about cards. He would let me know  after we were done  my mistakes. 

Yeah, the chit chat slows up the game and drives me nuts..However,  where I play it is more of a social event than a competition,  so I just take it in stride and have another beer...

• Like 1

We play ten minute rounds, it sucks when you have slow players , I’d rather loose 9-6, then win 4-1 or so . 

we also change partners each round ,last tournament I won , but my last round I had the worst player as a partner, very very slow and after years still can’t remember what the left is , somehow we pulled out enough points to maintain my lead .

17 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Heading over to the Legion  in a few minutes for our weekly euchre league....

Funny...Here in WNY everybody knows how to play euchre...When I was in the Navy I learned how regional  the game was...

Most of the guys had never HEARD of euchre...The only regions that seemed to know about it were WNY, central PA, and Michigan...

EVERYBODY from EVERYWHERE  knew how to play pinochle and hearts, but euchre was VERY regional..

I didn't learn how to play euchre until I came out here in 1992. Back home in the Mohawk Valley if was all Pitch. no one out here know how to play pitch.