EUCHRE

Pygmy

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You guys play euchre, I’m talking about pitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I Love Pitch, but it’s more fun when you play according to Hunt Club rules - lots of Jim Beam shots every round.  Classic.  You bring the cards, I’ll bring the Beam. 

• Like 1

Add Ontario to the region of euchre. In fact, I believe it is a commonwealth game.

It was the first adult card game you learned after Snap and Go Fish (and 52 Pickup), and very popular in high school where there would be a dozen games every lunch. Competition, strategy, socialization, clear winners and losers - and no screens.

Miss it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, goosifer said:

I've been playing https://cardgames.io/euchre/ and have the basic rules and strategy down. This website's version is very simple. Is there a more advanced website version out there?

That is the game. Trust me, while the online shows the rules and the play, it gets a lot more wild when folks stretch their hands. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/31/2019 at 6:42 PM, grampy said:

I've lived a sheltered life apparently, cause I've never heard about that game until looking at this thread.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:01 PM, Jdubs said:

No clue what that is, but I'll sit at a Hold 'em table with anyone.  

i'm with you both.  i think i might have hid some under my mashed potatoes at dinner as a kid. other than that i don't know as if i exactly know what it is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Nope, you can play teams or head to head or with three. Find an app for your phone. We should have a euchre night anyway, we can bring in the Lancaster contingent and Alden if necessary

OK, Tacks, I've been playing online for several weeks. I have the basics down. Any thoughts on when we could do a euchre night?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was asked to substitute at a friend's house last night . There were six couples and the winners moved and changed partners . Anyway , I won 5 rounds out of 6 and won a 1/2 gallon bottle of Irish Red Rose wine . The funny part is , I am probably the only one of the group that doesn't drink . :taunt:

• Like 1