CF Moto...

Anyone have one?  Thinking of getting a ATV, and the price point  is definitely attractive. The research I've done has shown issues with the 2014 and older units, but the new ones are getting favorable reviews.   I get "you get what you pay for" , but I'm not trail riding and most likely will only put a couple hundred miles a yr on it if that.  Definitely don't want a large machine, a 400-500 would be more than enough.   

Thoughts???? 

IMO, If you are only looking at those because of the price. I would buy a used name brand machine. There are lots of machines for sale that are barely used that you can pick up for less than the cost of a new knock off. Any brand, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat, Kawasaki are all going to be better quality and easier to find parts for. One of the guys on our lease purchased a side x side from tractor supply. Its a Motismo or something like that. I have driven it numerous times and I always feel like I am going to break it. It just feels, rides and drives like it is made super cheaply. Like I am riding a kids toy. It has had its fair share of problems as well including getting a hole punched through the floor from a stump. One of the guys has a Polaris RZR and many of the guys have name brand wheelers including my Kawasaki Brute Force 750 and we beat them to death and they just keep on ticking. The Motismo can't hold a candle to any of them. 

IMO, buy once cry once. My Brute Force is a 2007. I bought it in 2010. It has treated me very well and I have no intensions on replacing it anytime soon, maybe ever. Like you, I use it very little but I am glad I have it. 

The other thing that is nice about purchasing used, you don't feel bad about running it through trees, mud, stumps, throwing deer on it, etc. 

• Like 5

There’s a dealer in westerlo, Town Line Motorsports that sells them. From what I can tell it looks like he’s moving a decent amount of them. Don’t have any personal experience but from what I’ve seen, they are gaining in popularity the last few years. I might be considering one myself in a few years for my kids when they get a little bigger and need something like a 400.

The Chinese ATVs are generally speaking, garbage. Look over the machine very well and then look at one of the brand name machines and youll see why. Inferior frame and suspension components, welds will be trash in comparison, engines dont make nearly the power, and have fun finding parts in 10 years. The only time the cheap ATVs can be a good buy are the kids size ones when they are used and you can scoop one up that runs for a few hundred bucks. They sell because most of the people buying them have no clue what they are looking at.

• Like 2