Happen To Come Across This

Steve D

200 is a big number for sure! But 200 in mid October and 200 in late November is completely different.

The heaviest ADK buck I’ve ever personally saw was 267lbs dressed and that was after hanging for 4 days at our tent before we got it into town to weigh. That buck was shot opening week of rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, First-light said:

My neighbor shot one a few years ago weighed 219. This is in Steuben county. Thing looked like a horse. 

Here's a 219# buck taken from my property on November 3rd, 2004. 46" heart girth.

7InmGhZ.jpg

For some perspective, I weighed 285# in that picture.

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 2

Heaviest one I've personally come across field dressed at 206lbs up in Franklin County. Seeing him trailing a hot doe looked like a semi-truck tailgating a ford focus. Trying to get that him back to the truck required a phone call to some friends and a few cases of beer. He filled my freezer, and will be on my wall within the next month or so. 

IMG_0093.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

4483be06ed734df6331f6ee3048b4154.jpg&key=b69862e66d2210ab31de7ba562a97596f09c51e1cc7ed85f4aa39bf2c1c9a15d

220’s lbs dressed. Luckily the 1.5 mile drag was all downhill

Drag?? Youre supposed to butcher him afield and put the meat on a frame with the rack prominently displayed on the outside. Then you get that hero shot of you walking into the sunset

• Like 3

I don't weigh. BTW it was a very long 20 foot drag up a hill then into the back of the pickup. I didn't lift a finger. Just watched as everyone else did the work for me. It was quite the gentleman hunt. Based off our PA girth chart it was roughly 8,000 pounds

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalkef38acb600188de2310c60eb79d2f0c2.jpg&key=7dff25e3dc4f6fe37e4f6e59ef22e7e3e3882a6917cc7c97a49e6200977aeae9

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

I don't weigh. BTW it was a very long 20 foot drag up a hill then into the back of the pickup. I didn't lift a finger. Just watched as everyone else did the work for me. It was quite the gentleman hunt. Based off our PA girth chart it was roughly 8,000 pounds

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalkef38acb600188de2310c60eb79d2f0c2.jpg&key=7dff25e3dc4f6fe37e4f6e59ef22e7e3e3882a6917cc7c97a49e6200977aeae9

Man, that must equal out to about 10,000 quart sized ziploc bags full of meat for your family!

• Like 1

Man, that must equal out to about 10,000 quart sized ziploc bags full of meat for your family!

Oh it was. Donated a lot. Oddly enough with that one Mulie I was able to solve the whole Crow nation's hunger problem. It was a really good day indeed not to mention the sick cream color phase. Definitely a unique one. Plus the high top antlers. Very cool

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Oh it was. Donated a lot. Oddly enough with that one Mulie I was able to solve the whole Crow nation's hunger problem. It was a really good day indeed

Liar - everyone knows that Mulies are inedible. 

• Like 1

Liar - everyone knows that Mulies are inedible. 

No antelopes are near inedible! I cooked some ground up to make tacos. Damn meat smelled like the antelope did after we got to it. Smelled like ass. Tasted like it smelled. Also I smelled it's breath I nearly keeled over and died. Needless to say I am slowly working the rest of my antelope meat into coyote baitcicles

• Like 1

Drag?? Youre supposed to butcher him afield and put the meat on a frame with the rack prominently displayed on the outside. Then you get that hero shot of you walking into the sunset

That’s only on hunts above 10K elevation.