Chevy Equinox

grampy

Sis has been trading them in every few years for the latest model. Think she's on her 3'rd one now with her 3 month old 2018.

Other than a brake issue on her last one I don't recall any major problems.

It's a proven log and deer carcass hauler unmatched by any other in it's class,lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wooly said:

Sis has been trading them in every few years for the latest model. Think she's on her 3'rd one now with her 3 month old 2018.

Other than a brake issue on her last one I don't recall any major problems.

It's a proven log and deer carcass hauler unmatched by any other in it's class,lol

I'll take that as two thumbs up!

Thanks guys!

Edited by grampy
  • Thanks 1

We must have bought a lemon. Wedge had a 2010 equinox the past 5 years the first three years were a real nightmare.  The first year was really bad ended up changing dam near every sensor on the car then a new motor luckily we bought the extended warranty. 2016 the car was only 6 yeats old had to replace the exhaust manifold and the entire exhaust.

The past 2 years its run really good.

• Like 1

I too have an equinox and don’t love it BUT it’s just the wrong car for me. Absolutely nothing wrong with it- feels more like a sedan than I wanted. Good price point and good on gas. Can’t wait for my kids to start driving so they can have that and I can upgrade...maybe a Subaru TF?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Your the only parent that has ever said that.  Lol

Haha. I live 3 miles from my kids school (which is also my commute) and my wife and I BOTH burn a full tank of gas every week with just local drop off and pick up. Also looking forward to the home-grown DD!!! Cheers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wife's folks have had theirs since 2005 in the 6 cyl and love it.Very peppy for a smaller suv but also very reliable.With 150,000 it still gets around 18 per gallon.Can tow up to 3500 lbs.good car in my eyes

• Like 1

I have a four in our Outback , it was very to nice drive to Fla, highway speeds no problem, hills of WV it did fine .BUT there are times when I floor  it and well  don't expect much .

I have to be careful pulling out in front of someone ,as if I need to accelerate hard,well let’s say I’ve learned to not pull out in front of someone ....

If I keep within its abilities it’s no problem and a joy to drive .

Driving it over to a friends pool soon .

• Like 1

My folks have had two or three of them, since the first year they came out and never had any issues.   I borrow it for a while every summer, when we take the family up to the Thousand Islands.   My wife, daughters and I stay in our truck camper at a state park on the river side of Goose bay.  The family cottage is on the other side (I keep my boat over there).   I use the equinox to run back and forth every morning and evening.   The 2018, that they have now, has the four cylinder. It seems to have plenty of pep, even on the hills.  I can't say that I notice any less power compared to their previous 6 cylinder.   I have never towed with them.  It sure is a lot easier to get around with than our full-sized, 8 ft box, extended-cab Silverado.   It seems to handle the hills with ease, even when loaded with 6 or 7 passengers.   It also goes the the snow pretty good.   They came over here last Sunday for a birthday party and blew right through a deep snow drift before I had chance to clear it.   That same drift stopped my little front wheel drive car two out of four times that I tried getting thru it, when it was considerably smaller.      

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

My parents had one for awhile , the couple of problems i remember them having (older model FWIW) the headlight bulb was a pain to replace  ,the carrier bearing for the transfer case was problematic ,again this was one of the first models and im sure the newer ones are way better . Even my brother had trouble destroying this one when my parents gave it to him and he has quite the track record of destroying a vehicle quickly. 

• Like 1

My friend had one and was nothing but a headache. My bro has an escape for work and puts a ton of miles on them with next to no issues. I'm more a Ford than Chevy guy. I think they are better built and don't forget they we're about dead until the govt bailed them out

• Like 1

I have one currently and it is great in heavy snow with a decent set of tires. Big enough to put a dead deer in the back also. A pretty comfy ride. Much better than the Subaru i had previously and it does not suffer the Subaru hunger for oil burning. I live in ski country and have to deal with a lot of snow. The Equinox is up to the job. 

The only draw back in the 4 cylinder is the small engine and lack of acceleration and power capabilities. go for 6.

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 1