The 30 days, is if nics check doesn’t rule either way, now they have 30 days to figure it out instead of the current 3 .

Right now a very small number, nics can’t rule on immediately so if after 3 days they haven’t figured it out they have to allow sale, now they have 30 days in those cases.

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

Ny passed the red flag law bill and 5 others now in NY you have to wait 30 days to receive any firearm you wish to buy.. this year is gonna be a hectic one in ny I fear its gonna get alot worse 
The 30 day wait I believe is if the nics check is delayed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The 30 days, is if nics check doesn’t rule either way, now they have 30 days to figure it out instead of the current 3 .
Right now a very small number, nics can’t rule on immediately so if after 3 days they haven’t figured it out they have to allo sale, now they have 30 days in those cases.
Which just means there will be 27 extra days of nothing happening

The package of bills includes measures to create a municipal gun buyback program and to extend the waiting period from three days to 30 days after an inconclusive background check before a gun can be purchased.

its only if nics can’t immediately approve the sale, before they had 3 days to find the reason to deny or the sale would automatically go through . Now on inconclusive checks they have 30 days .

It wasn’t explained very well in the media, with many just calling it a “ 30 day waiting period “, which is misleading and flat out wrong .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nytracker said:

Time for all the money NRA has collected  from us to be put to use.  Not that they helped much after the safe act

The GoA is helping way more than the nra ever has right now...it seems the nra took the money and ran so to speek

• Like 1

1 minute ago, silent death said:

The GoA is helping way more than the nra ever has right now...it seems the nra took the money and ran so to speek

I was at  a NRA  rally  right after the safe act was implemented. Over heard  a couple  NRA schmucks  talking. "THIS IS A LOST CAUSE WHY ARE WE WASTING OUR  TIME. " dont know who they were but they were  not the average Joe blow .

Just now, The Jerkman said:

How? This is a federal check NY runs no part of it

Theres other things in the works to dont forget they are trying to pass the bill where they want to look at your social media and Google history anything shady they can red flag u and bam theres your 30 day wait that's what I meant . Theres alot of Bill's that might get passed this is just the beginning 

Theres other things in the works to dont forget they are trying to pass the bill where they want to look at your social media and Google history anything shady they can red flag u and bam theres your 30 day wait that's what I meant . Theres alot of Bill's that might get passed this is just the beginning 
Oh I don't disagree but that one will be clearly ruled unconstitutional at least I would hope so

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh I don't disagree but that one will be clearly ruled unconstitutional at least I would hope so

The problem is the dems control everything right now so basically every anti gun wet dream they ever had they are gonna try to push through 

• Like 1

No doubt the Dems are going to try and put NY on the map as a leader in gun control. Every stupid idea they can dream up they will attempt to impose on us in the upcoming years.

I know I’ll reach my personal breaking point soon with NY laws. I just don’t see a positive future in this state anymore. Been discussing this heavily with my wife lately. Between taxes, gun laws,etc, I’m pushing her hard to reconsider waiting until kids are out of high school to relocate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

No doubt the Dems are going to try and put NY on the map as a leader in gun control. Every stupid idea they can dream up they will attempt to impose on us in the upcoming years.

I know I’ll reach my personal breaking point soon with NY laws. I just don’t see a positive future in this state anymore. Been discussing this heavily with my wife lately. Between taxes, gun laws,etc, I’m pushing her hard to reconsider waiting until kids are out of high school to relocate.

Sad part is this is spreading every where not just ny

Edited by silent death

Sad part is this is spreading every where not just ny

It is spreading, but it’s going to take a lot longer for the blue death wave to wash over some of the midwestern states. South Dakota just legalized concealed carry without a permit. That’s a pretty big step in a positive, and different direction than NY is headed.

And taxes, there’s really not many places left you can go that would cost you anymore in property taxes. My parents left NY 2 years ago, at that time their 18 acres on the edge of Delmar cost them 14k a year. And that’s not even as bad as some others have it here. Our lake house on the sacandaga was costing them another 12k a year. Our 3000 sq ft house with 3 garages and 6 acres in Kansas cost them $580 a year in taxes. That’s a massive difference. Their North Carolina house was also well under a grand a year. Property taxes alone is what keeps me from buying more land here or building the bigger house my family wants and will need in the coming years.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

It is spreading, but it’s going to take a lot longer for the blue death wave to wash over some of the midwestern states. South Dakota just legalized concealed carry without a permit. That’s a pretty big step in a positive, and different direction than NY is headed.

And taxes, there’s really not many places left you can go that would cost you anymore in property taxes. My parents left NY 2 years ago, at that time their 18 acres on the edge of Delmar cost them 14k a year. And that’s not even as bad as some others have it here. Our lake house on the sacandaga was costing them another 12k a year. Our 3000 sq ft house with 3 garages and 6 acres in Kansas cost them $580 a year in taxes. That’s a massive difference. Their North Carolina house was also well under a grand a year. Property taxes alone is what keeps me from buying more land here or building the bigger house my family wants and will need in the coming 

We only own a couple acres and our taxes here are a little over 3500$ a year..taxes suck in ny... I've even contaplated leasing land because it's cheaper. All these new laws have everyone changing there future plans and it's sad for ny

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Nytracker said:

Time for all the money NRA has collected  from us to be put to use.  Not that they helped much after the safe act

You obviously haven't heard that the United States Supreme Court recently decided to hear it's first gun case since 2010. The case is NYSRPA vs NYC challenging the legality of New York City's handgun law. 

You never want to lose a case before the high court, because it can set precedent. In this case, it really looks for the pro gun side. The outcome of this case could have implications nation wide.

The is also another case working its' way through the lower courts. It's called something like NYSRPA vs Cuomo. Can't wait for Andy to get his ass kicked on that one...…….

• Like 1