Great Day Today, What'd YOU Do?

Lawdwaz

Great weather today for a multitude of outdoor activities.  Sure, way too much snow in some areas but others a guy/gal could get into the woods and knock the stink off.........I went down to my buddies place alone to pull trail cam cards, chain saw a couple dead trees along the driveway and just get out for a walk. 

I'm sure some  downhill skied or rode snow machines.  Others may have cross country skied, strapped on the snowshoes or ice skated.  How about sledding with the kiddo's? Hopefully you all got out if you could.

I'll post a cool picture or two in a bit from my day. 

Went to a 24/7 gym that was closed on Sunday... so I then had to grocery shop with the Mrs . We came back and walked the dog , then went to a beach/ park, the in to Punta Gorda ,fisherman’s village had a beer .

Came back to the house ,eating really good shrimp and cooking chicken on carcoal grill ,barefoot .

Game is on the tv but can’t say we’re watching ,oh I’m on my third gin and tonic .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This telephone pole is off the beaten path and within 30 yards of where I have had a couple bears on trail cam (and one that chewed on the camera) but never walked by this pole.  I'd bet dollars to donuts that these gouge marks are from a bear.  The highest ones are right at 6' and they have torn big chunks out of the pole.  Like a buck rub from a couple years ago, the gouges in one area are older that others.  I know the pole isn't alive like a tree but I think it's just the weathering process on the pole.  Very cool in my book......

g6qxjQ6.jpg

uFwsokp.jpg

Check out the gouges in the number "one"........

3SORoKk.jpg

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

This is a particularly cool picture.  I came across this bed and it's got to be one smart deer; the brush on the backside is blocking southwest/west winds (and some snow of course) for a pleasant siesta.  

sjjo2Re.jpg

Nice, I found beds under every hemlock I passed today.

Visited the son and daughter in law this morning....Attended Sunday School at the legion....Spent the afternoon preparing snacks for the Superbowl, which I am now watching...

However tomorrow morning I am going ice fishing with my friend Howie..Tuesday I am going rabbit hunting with my friend Butch and his 3 beagles....We old guys have to plan stuff around our DR. appointments....Hehehe...

• Like 5

Cut and hung the last two sheets of wains coating paneling in our laundry room. Ripped up the old carpet that they glued down to the ceramic tiles and then busted up and pulled up the tiles. Then ran new proper gas line to the dryer.