Great Day Today, What'd YOU Do?

Lawdwaz

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Buddy Corey came over and we made plans for hunting lease changes for this season, i sold him my small fishing boat and we had beers, pickled eggs and smoked venison sausage. 

Glad I'm not around you this morning.....<<wink>>….

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Went to a 24/7 gym that was closed on Sunday... so I then had to grocery shop with the Mrs . We came back and walked the dog , then went to a beach/ park, the in to Punta Gorda ,fisherman’s village had a beer .

Came back to the house ,eating really good shrimp and cooking chicken on carcoal grill ,barefoot .

Game is on the tv but can’t say we’re watching ,oh I’m on my third gin and tonic .

I used to live in Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte. Nice place but full of blue hairs. We used to term it home of the pacemaker jet set. Fished in Charlotte harbor up into Englewood. Enjoy your stay.

• Like 2

I took the dogs for a walk at the ballfield, that is the extent of my outdoor activity yesterday. The rest of the day I was chained to a desk working on tax returns, that is my life for the next 2 1/2 months. I WILL sneak out for a week and head to Georgia to turkey hunt in early April, work be damned.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

I used to live in Punta Gorda / Port Charlotte. Nice place but full of blue hairs. We used to term it home of the pacemaker jet set. Fished in Charlotte harbor up into Englewood. Enjoy your stay.

All of fla seems to be . It’s a common argument between the MRS and I , she says “ you’re old . “

Well im 59 and used to working and hanging out with much younger folks, I’m still very active and enjoy the gym for it’s wide age range .

I was thrilled to see some young female bar tenders and waitresses yesterday .

• Like 3

Well, since you asked, I had one of the most "insane" weekends of my life.

Friday afternoon, I received a call from my oldest friend who lives in Canada. He asks me to pick him up in the Bronx and, please, ask no questions. After a few attempts to find out what was going on, I hopped in my car and drove to Bruckner Blvd. I found my friend in a gas station hugging everyone and flashing a few thousand dollars. He was, not himself. Kudos to the attendant who didn't call the cops. I sussed up the situation, took the money for safe keeping and finally got him outside where I found his girlfriend's car. It seems that they came to town for a cruise leaving Sunday but had a fight Friday afternoon and he fled with her car, purse and money. Shit happens and emotions can run high in realtionships, but this was something else. He was physically and mentally spinning: "I pinch myself and it hurts, real, I pinch myself and it doesn't hurt, fake news, I need to get to Mother Earth and pinch her to see if she is real or fake news, text C and say her car is safe in the clouds and she should come a get it."

I calm him down and tel him to follow me and we will put my car garage then deliver the GF's car back to the hotel. He seems to be able to function and agrees. We get to the valet at the hotel but have to go in to deliver the purse and are met with security. I ask to speak with the GF but she won't talk to me. We leave the purse. He seems to function better in a crowd under social constraints so we go to a bar. The conversation continues and he a little better until he dumps candle wax into a wine glass and effectively gets us kicked out. I text my wife to give her a sense of what's going on and have her prepare the guest room.

That night, he's walking in circles in my LR as we try to have a reasonable conversation with him. My wife becomes "Mother Earth." She can handle it and him. I finally get him to bed and he sleeps the night. We sleep fitfully behind a locked door.

A little background. He is very smart and was a successful medical professional. He sold his business for 8 figures and retired at 50. Owns multiple houses, cars, etc. Very generous and kind guy. Not a violent bone in his body. Known him for 50 years. I have a lot of tolerance for him.

The next morning he comes out and he's a little worse. We talk and I realize I should get him out and maybe a long walk will blow out some shit. We circle Central Park for hours where he asks random people if he can hug them. Surprisingly, everyone says yes. Power of the hug. A guys asks us for a buck and he hands the guy 100. Apparently, there was some money I didn't know about. I suggest I keep that with the rest of the money as they will feel safer. He agrees.

I keep trying to get him to tell me stories and that seems to focus his mind. In the interim, I reach out to the GF and tell her that she needs to get him, but she responds that he's a big boy and he should check into a hotel. I explain that he's not quiet sane right now and she tells me to call his brother. She intends to board the cruise. My opinion of her will remain unsaid.

We return to my apt and he is getting a little more agitated. He walks out my front door and tries to enter a neighbour's apartment. I grabbed him just in time and read him the riot act. I also hide all the knives in the kitchen. At this point, I order some pizza and reach out to his ex wife in Canada - another medical professional. She tells me to call 911 as it will be the best thing for him and us. Apparently, this behavior started at Christmas. He is getting very agitated that the pizza still isn't here and starts to scream, "if the pizza isn't here by 9:22 last Thursday I will hurt that cat." That's my limit. I step into him and tell my wife to go to the bedroom, lock the door and call 911. I manage to convince him to come to his bedroom and lay down. He agrees and a few minutes later eight cops have surrounded his bed and we are all trying to talk to him. I explain that I want to take him somewhere safe where he can get some rest and these guys are here to help. I would love it if he would hold my hand and walk out with me to the EMS downstairs. He agrees but then begins to flail and they drop down on him and put on the handcuffs. He is screaming the usual stuff, "I'm going to have all your jobs" as they carry him out to the gurney.

It's been about 24 hours since his first call.

EMS tells me they will take him to Harlem Hospital where they have a psych evaluation department and to call in a few hours. I get in touch with his brother and nephew in Canada and tell them they should fly in asap. They agree and book to arrive at 7:00 am.

At midnight, I call Harlem and they have no record of him. Wait, what? How can I find someone? She tells me to call 311 and they have a record of everyone taken by ambulance. I do so and they tell me Harlem Hospital. I call back and go through a few people and finally get a guy who says, "I can't really tell you anything, but by your description he might be here." WTF? He left my place with a wallet and passport so I'm not sure what this is so difficult. 

The guys arrive the next morning and head straight to the hospital. He there's. The doctor tells them that they are one hour away from him admitting him for 72 hours but he will release him if, he takes a certain drug prior to the trip and they drive home. I go rent a car for them and we get him into the car at 2:30. He's calmer and hugs me to apologize, and they take off on a seven hour drive. He still quite a bit off. At about the half way mark the drugs are wearing off and he starts talking about saving people. His nephew tells him that's a great idea and they should go to the hospital where there are a lot of people who need saving. I had his ex wife arrange to admit him at the hospital and as they pull up he's met by a few family members. They walk inside and two cops take over and he's admitted.

51 hours after the first phone call to me, he's safe and getting help. I assume the girlfriend is enjoying her cruise. 

Anyway, that's what I did this lovely weekend.

Oh, and drank a bottle of wine myself, last night.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Dad and I took a walk on the property. Still some decent snow in 8F. Not enough for an extreme workout, but still some work to hike in some spots. Brought the .22 looking for some tree rats, but really were chatting about stuff and not really hunting.

Found a blind that didn't survive and scoped out a spot for a new stand. Ended up without gloves and just a baseball cap which was awesome considering the weather last week. Some fresh rubs, lots of beddowns and even a few scrapes. No obvious drops yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, left field said:

Well, since you asked, I had one of the most "insane" weekends of my life.

Friday afternoon, I received a call from my oldest friend who lives in Canada. He asks me to pick him up in the Bronx and, please, ask no questions. After a few attempts to find out what was going on, I hopped in my car and drove to Bruckner Blvd. I found my friend in a gas station hugging everyone and flashing a few thousand dollars. He was, not himself. Kudos to the attendant who didn't call the cops. I sussed up the situation, took the money for safe keeping and finally got him outside where I found his girlfriend's car. It seems that they came to town for a cruise leaving Sunday but had a fight Friday afternoon and he fled with her car, purse and money. Shit happens and emotions can run high in realtionships, but this was something else. He was physically and mentally spinning: "I pinch myself and it hurts, real, I pinch myself and it doesn't hurt, fake news, I need to get to Mother Earth and pinch her to see if she is real or fake news, text C and say her car is safe in the clouds and she should come a get it."

I calm him down and tel him to follow me and we will put my car garage then deliver the GF's car back to the hotel. He seems to be able to function and agrees. We get to the valet at the hotel but have to go in to deliver the purse and are met with security. I ask to speak with the GF but she won't talk to me. We leave the purse. He seems to function better in a crowd under social constraints so we go to a bar. The conversation continues and he a little better until he dumps candle wax into a wine glass and effectively gets us kicked out. I text my wife to give her a sense of what's going on and have her prepare the guest room.

That night, he's walking in circles in my LR as we try to have a reasonable conversation with him. My wife becomes "Mother Earth." She can handle it and him. I finally get him to bed and he sleeps the night. We sleep fitfully behind a locked door.

A little background. He is very smart and was a successful medical professional. He sold his business for 8 figures and retired at 50. Owns multiple houses, cars, etc. Very generous and kind guy. Not a violent bone in his body. Known him for 50 years. I have a lot of tolerance for him.

The next morning he comes out and he's a little worse. We talk and I realize I should get him out and maybe a long walk will blow out some shit. We circle Central Park for hours where he asks random people if he can hug them. Surprisingly, everyone says yes. Power of the hug. A guys asks us for a buck and he hands the guy 100. Apparently, there was some money I didn't know about. I suggest I keep that with the rest of the money as they will feel safer. He agrees.

I keep trying to get him to tell me stories and that seems to focus his mind. In the interim, I reach out to the GF and tell her that she needs to get him, but she responds that he's a big boy and he should check into a hotel. I explain that he's not quiet sane right now and she tells me to call his brother. She intends to board the cruise. My opinion of her will remain unsaid.

We return to my apt and he is getting a little more agitated. He walks out my front door and tries to enter a neighbour's apartment. I grabbed him just in time and read him the riot act. I also hide all the knives in the kitchen. At this point, I order some pizza and reach out to his ex wife in Canada - another medical professional. She tells me to call 911 as it will be the best thing for him and us. Apparently, this behavior started at Christmas. He is getting very agitated that the pizza still isn't here and starts to scream, "if the pizza isn't here by 9:22 last Thursday I will hurt that cat." That's my limit. I step into him and tell my wife to go to the bedroom, lock the door and call 911. I manage to convince him to come to his bedroom and lay down. He agrees and a few minutes later eight cops have surrounded his bed and we are all trying to talk to him. I explain that I want to take him somewhere safe where he can get some rest and these guys are here to help. I would love it if he would hold my hand and walk out with me to the EMS downstairs. He agrees but then begins to flail and they drop down on him and put on the handcuffs. He is screaming the usual stuff, "I'm going to have all your jobs" as they carry him out to the gurney.

It's been about 24 hours since his first call.

EMS tells me they will take him to Harlem Hospital where they have a psych evaluation department and to call in a few hours. I get in touch with his brother and nephew in Canada and tell them they should fly in asap. They agree and book to arrive at 7:00 am.

At midnight, I call Harlem and they have no record of him. Wait, what? How can I find someone? She tells me to call 311 and they have a record of everyone taken by ambulance. I do so and they tell me Harlem Hospital. I call back and go through a few people and finally get a guy who says, "I can't really tell you anything, but by your description he might be here." WTF? He left my place with a wallet and passport so I'm not sure what this is so difficult. 

The guys arrive the next morning and head straight to the hospital. He there's. The doctor tells them that they are one hour away from him admitting him for 72 hours but he will release him if, he takes a certain drug prior to the trip and they drive home. I go rent a car for them and we get him into the car at 2:30. He's calmer and hugs me to apologize, and they take off on a seven hour drive. He still quite a bit off. At about the half way mark the drugs are wearing off and he starts talking about saving people. His nephew tells him that's a great idea and they should go to the hospital where there are a lot of people who need saving. I had his ex wife arrange to admit him at the hospital and as they pull up he's met by a few family members. They walk inside and two cops take over and he's admitted.

51 hours after the first phone call to me, he's safe and getting help. I assume the girlfriend is enjoying her cruise. 

Anyway, that's what I did this lovely weekend.

Oh, and drank a bottle of wine myself, last night.

Geeze.  Sorry to hear this.  Prayers sent for your buddy and good for you being there for him.

Im not topping left fields story but... Wind blows peoples trash on my yard so yesterday I was out picking it up. I come across a mysterious plastic sandwich baggy with a small amount of green plant material inside.  It was almost on my neighbors, 90 year old woman.  I assumed this was some type of medicinal herb of some sort and she had carelessly strewn about her meds. The nerve! So... I knocked on the door and gave her a piece of my mind...  It wasn't hers and I didn't think it was. I thought it would be comical to go over and pretend to be mad. She got a kick out of it.

"TED"

Edited by Al Bundy
misleading story.
  • Haha 1

Thanks.

I shudder to think what would have happened if my wife and I weren't around. My guess is he would have become a statistic.

No history at all. Very smart, big ego with regards to his smartness - believes he knows better than everyone else - but would listen to me and take my counsel. Generous to a fault. My aging mother who lives part time in Canada was having some trouble with her car and I called my buddy for a mechanic reccommendation as he is a car guy. He offered any of his cars to her for as long as she wanted. "Thanks, dude, but I don't think she can handle a Porsche."

It seems that he started acting off at Christmas. My understanding that he and the GF having having issues which exploded on Friday. But they travelled down with another couple to go on this cruise so things were good enough.

I don't think he would be an easy guy to live with and have some sympathy for her. HOWEVER, you find out that your live-together partner has just been taken from his friend's apt in handcuffs and admitted for a psych evaluation, you don't get on the goddamn boat.

I hope his family acts quickly and has her removed from his place. May not be that easy.

Anyway, just wanted to unload that. Thanks for the concern. Back to fun topics and Al Bundy's druggie grandma neighbour.

19 minutes ago, left field said:

Thanks.

I shudder to think what would have happened if my wife and I weren't around. My guess is he would have become a statistic.

No history at all. Very smart, big ego with regards to his smartness - believes he knows better than everyone else - but would listen to me and take my counsel. Generous to a fault. My aging mother who lives part time in Canada was having some trouble with her car and I called my buddy for a mechanic reccommendation as he is a car guy. He offered any of his cars to her for as long as she wanted. "Thanks, dude, but I don't think she can handle a Porsche."

It seems that he started acting off at Christmas. My understanding that he and the GF having having issues which exploded on Friday. But they travelled down with another couple to go on this cruise so things were good enough.

I don't think he would be an easy guy to live with and have some sympathy for her. HOWEVER, you find out that your live-together partner has just been taken from his friend's apt in handcuffs and admitted for a psych evaluation, you don't get on the goddamn boat.

I hope his family acts quickly and has her removed from his place. May not be that easy.

Anyway, just wanted to unload that. Thanks for the concern. Back to fun topics and Al Bundy's druggie grandma neighbour.

Did they rule out drugs?

Thanks.

IDK dude, not to sound callous but it sounds like your buddy needs a straight jacket and has gone totally off the deep end. Although it could be a brain tumor. Reminded me of an episode of "the good doctor" where the patient was secretly having affairs and just doing wild stuff. Turned out she had no control over anything due to a benign brain tumor. Once they removed it she went back to normal. Granted this is a tv show but who knows. Could be something odd and totally out of his control.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Belo said:

Did they rule out drugs?

Yes, I believe so. When I first saw him I thought he was on something. Then considered that he was off something. Due to his former profession he has ready access to any drug.

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

IDK dude, not to sound callous but it sounds like your buddy needs a straight jacket and has gone totally off the deep end. Although it could be a brain tumor. Reminded me of an episode of "the good doctor" where the patient was secretly having affairs and just doing wild stuff. Turned out she had no control over anything due to a benign brain tumor. Once they removed it she went back to normal. Granted this is a tv show but who knows. Could be something odd and totally out of his control.

Everything and anything is possible. 

Working in TV, I can assure you that there is no relationship between a neatly tied up hour of procedural TV and having your best friend handcuffed and dragged screaming from your apartment. I don't think he needs a straight jacket. I think what he needs now is the right drugs, counselling and his family.

I do believe this was either totally out of his control or that little switch inside his head that modulated social behavior turned off and every thought came gushing out all at once. I think a part of him realized the stress I was under when he saw my attitude change on Day 2 and I told him that he couldn't stay on Sunday. That may have made him escalate the situation and push me into calling the police. He is that smart. I didn't feel concerned for our safety but I wasn't going to take a chance.

That was the hardest part ... when to call it. I'm grateful that I was able to speak with his ex wife who dispassionately and professionally talked me into calling 911. I was too caught up in the emotion of the situation. I will admit that I broke a little when he was handcuffed screaming and I looked up to see my wife crying.

Oh well, I think it''s probably okay to cry a little in 2019.

1 hour ago, left field said:

Yes, I believe so. When I first saw him I thought he was on something. Then considered that he was off something. Due to his former profession he has ready access to any drug.

Everything and anything is possible. 

Working in TV, I can assure you that there is no relationship between a neatly tied up hour of procedural TV and having your best friend handcuffed and dragged screaming from your apartment. I don't think he needs a straight jacket. I think what he needs now is the right drugs, counselling and his family.

I do believe this was either totally out of his control or that little switch inside his head that modulated social behavior turned off and every thought came gushing out all at once. I think a part of him realized the stress I was under when he saw my attitude change on Day 2 and I told him that he couldn't stay on Sunday. That may have made him escalate the situation and push me into calling the police. He is that smart. I didn't feel concerned for our safety but I wasn't going to take a chance.

That was the hardest part ... when to call it. I'm grateful that I was able to speak with his ex wife who dispassionately and professionally talked me into calling 911. I was too caught up in the emotion of the situation. I will admit that I broke a little when he was handcuffed screaming and I looked up to see my wife crying.

Oh well, I think it''s probably okay to cry a little in 2019.

So sorry to read this. I saw something like this once before with a friends parent. It ended up that he had had a stroke and no one knew it. It effected his behavior a lot. Basically inhibition and social interactions. hope he come out of this well. 

17 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

This telephone pole is off the beaten path and within 30 yards of where I have had a couple bears on trail cam (and one that chewed on the camera) but never walked by this pole.  I'd bet dollars to donuts that these gouge marks are from a bear.  The highest ones are right at 6' and they have torn big chunks out of the pole.  Like a buck rub from a couple years ago, the gouges in one area are older that others.  I know the pole isn't alive like a tree but I think it's just the weathering process on the pole.  Very cool in my book......

g6qxjQ6.jpg

uFwsokp.jpg

Check out the gouges in the number "one"........

3SORoKk.jpg

Looks like the one on my property. You should find hair stuck in the wood.

• Like 1