Great Day Today, What'd YOU Do?

Lawdwaz

Me. on Sunday? Woke up early and did our taxes. That was a huge mistake to try and stay in a good mood....grrrrrrrrrr.   Everything is exactly the same as the prior year and I went from getting a combined refund of $2,600 to owing almost $1,800. Went and helped a buddy put new transmission lines on his truck  and fixed my taillight wire on my truck.  Back home and showered and went next door with friends to watch the game. BORING!!!! went home after the halftime show since they have little kids. Watched the 3rd quarter and I won the 3rd quarter of our work pool.  about 3 plays into the 4th quarter I fell asleep and didn't wake up until this morning. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Pats scored 10 in the 4th. Yup...that means my 3 and 3 in the pool won the 3rd and final in the pool. now I only need to come up with another $1,525 for Uncle Sam...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Everything is exactly the same as the prior year and I went from getting a combined refund of $2,600 to owing almost $1,800.

Eh, that's my fear!

I started doing mine yesterday but am missing a couple of statements that I'm waiting on.

When I got my tax decrease last year I took the extra weekly cash and gave it right back to my withholding. Hoping that helps, but the $10k SALT tax deduction limit has got me worried.

• Like 1

It was a decent weekend.   The snow piles at the end of our driveways were getting too high to see over, so I spent a couple hours Saturday morning moving them away from the road and closer to the house with my loader tractor.    I formed it into an almost olympic-sized luge run for the girls.  That kept them entertained most of the day Saturday.  Sunday, the weather was warm enough to take the family shopping up to the outlet mall in Niagara on the Lake, starting out at Bass Pro shops.   They had some decent sales prices on Cabela's brand jig trailers and on jigging Rapalas.  I should be set on my tackle needs for the year.  The girls scored some good deals on clothes at "Forever 21" and we had a good lunch at "The Eatery".      

We got home in time to watch the game. That was not too bad, but I would have liked to have seen the Rams win.  Wade Phillips is may all-time favorite coach.  I was glad to see them defer and let the Patriots receive the opening kickoff.  Picking off Brady's first pass was the highlight of the game for me.   It is too bad they did not recover his fumble when they sacked him later in the game, and that the offence came up so short. 

Edited by wolc123

Eh, that's my fear!
I started doing mine yesterday but am missing a couple of statements that I'm waiting on.
When I got my tax decrease last year I took the extra weekly cash and gave it right back to my withholding. Hoping that helps, but the $10k SALT tax deduction limit has got me worried.

The SALT is killer. I’m getting back $7K less than last year. but I guess technically we got more in our paychecks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll be interesting for us . 5 months of pay, 7 of pension this year ,salt idk , my property tax is only around 5k, no state tax on pension  .No mortgage, kids out of college ,the standard doubling may work in my favor .

• Like 2

Took a ride to Sanibel Island, FL (from Fort Myers hotel), had a nice seafood lunch at the Clam Shack, did some shopping at the Outlet Stores near Sanibel Island (Mrs. Goose took the plunge and upgraded from a large purse to piece of luggage; I warned her she's going to hurt her shoulder with all the crap she carries).

6 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Took a ride to Sanibel Island, FL (from Fort Myers hotel), had a nice seafood lunch at the Clam Shack, did some shopping at the Outlet Stores near Sanibel Island (Mrs. Goose took the plunge and upgraded from a large purse to piece of luggage; I warned her she's going to hurt her shoulder with all the crap she carries).

When is the meet up with Larry?

14 hours ago, Cory said:

Picked up massive amount of dog shit the snow uncovered for me.

yeah did that yesterday. Worst part was after all that snow mine and the neighbors dog started shitting on the driveway as it was the only clear spot and for some reason, and I assume on purpose right where the drivers side door of my truck is. Found that one out in the morning the hard way

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Belo said:

yeah did that yesterday. Worst part was after all that snow mine and the neighbors dog started shitting on the driveway as it was the only clear spot and for some reason, and I assume on purpose right where the drivers side door of my truck is. Found that one out in the morning the hard way

Mine couldnt get off the stamped concrete patio so its a nightmare right now, and the rain made it worse

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Belo said:

I snow blow a path and a 20x20 square in the back yard just for that use...

Quick update on my friend. He's now in isolation at the psych ward as he wants to leave and was getting agitated. He may be coming out of his pyschotic state and now is pissed he's in the hospital. This is a guy who likes control.

As for myself, I went through a weird period when it was all over. After a weekend of intense focus, confusion, concern, stress, sleeplessness and the experience of the cops hauling my buddy out of my apt, I dropped into a little depression and a deep sadness that I couldn't shake. Running the scenarios over and over in my mind - what could have happened, what could I have done better? Though everything worked out perfectly in the end, I couldn't shake the feeling of sadness and the guilt. Had a long talk with my wife last night which helped immensely. Feeling better now but was really surprised at my reaction.