Great Day Today, What'd YOU Do?

Lawdwaz

3 minutes ago, left field said:

Quick update on my friend. He's now in isolation at the psych ward as he wants to leave and was getting agitated. He may be coming out of his pyschotic state and now is pissed he's in the hospital. This is a guy who likes control.

As for myself, I went through a weird period when it was all over. After a weekend of intense focus, confusion, concern, stress, sleeplessness and the experience of the cops hauling my buddy out of my apt, I dropped into a little depression and a deep sadness that I couldn't shake. Running the scenarios over and over in my mind - what could have happened, what could I have done better? Though everything worked out perfectly in the end, I couldn't shake the feeling of sadness and the guilt. Had a long talk with my wife last night which helped immensely. Feeling better now but was really surprised at my reaction.

Sounds like you did an amazing thing for your good friend. He will realize that very quickly

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Mine couldnt get off the stamped concrete patio so its a nightmare right now, and the rain made it worse

yeah same problem. After I snowblowed the banks were too high.

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I snow blow a path and a 20x20 square in the back yard just for that use...

that's a pretty good idea actually. But more work haha.

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

You guys need bigger/taller dogs - no snow blowing needed.  lol

i have a golden, this has never been a problem but he's 13 now and now as willing to climb the banks i made from clearing the walk and driveway. Plus with this last storm there was still enough residual snow that I'm not sure he knew the difference. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, left field said:

Quick update on my friend. He's now in isolation at the psych ward as he wants to leave and was getting agitated. He may be coming out of his pyschotic state and now is pissed he's in the hospital. This is a guy who likes control.

As for myself, I went through a weird period when it was all over. After a weekend of intense focus, confusion, concern, stress, sleeplessness and the experience of the cops hauling my buddy out of my apt, I dropped into a little depression and a deep sadness that I couldn't shake. Running the scenarios over and over in my mind - what could have happened, what could I have done better? Though everything worked out perfectly in the end, I couldn't shake the feeling of sadness and the guilt. Had a long talk with my wife last night which helped immensely. Feeling better now but was really surprised at my reaction.

I can imagine. It helps to talk, especially with those that have had similar experiences. If you're not one for therapy and the chat with your wife wasn't enough you might want to check out reddit. Lots of good sub groups and posting your story will probably result in a lot of good advice and similar stories. They're all strangers, but so are you so it kind of works.

Also, try not to drink. It doesn't help. The green stuff might though. 

Edited by Belo

I think you did more than enough for your friend. Honestly if it were me I think I may have called in backup earlier. I wouldn't beat yourself up at the end of the day it seems like you saved him from becoming a statistic in the ghetto and now he can hopefully get the mental treatment he so desperately seems to be needing now

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Or a little guy. Took me 2 minutes to pick up a month's worth of poop that the melting snow uncovered. 

Just told my daughter this morning I will pay her to clean the backyard today.  I suspect we have quite a bit back there. 

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I snow blow a path and a 20x20 square in the back yard just for that use...

Here’s one of my “ dog “ areas, not 20x20 but it serves it’s purpose. I also snow blow the rear patio and a grass area , as it’s all fenced in and we can just open the door to let him in and out .

5FA16254-4127-4D00-8632-EF93FFDDE42C.png

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I can imagine. It helps to talk, especially with those that have had similar experiences. If you're not one for therapy and the chat with your wife wasn't enough you might want to check out reddit. Lots of good sub groups and posting your story will probably result in a lot of good advice and similar stories. They're all strangers, but so are you so it kind of works.

Also, try not to drink. It doesn't help. The green stuff might though. 

Thanks. Reddit is a rabbit hole I'm not sure I want to go down. That's one of things I like about this forum - it's a manageable size. 

As to drinking, I'm Irish so not sure I can live in a world where a drink isn't the answer to some problem. I say that jokingly, fully aware of the power of alcohol. 

Edited by left field
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, left field said:

Woah...just catching up on this thread now.  Sounds wild.  At least it seems the worst is over and the clouds are starting to dissipate.