Help out a Vet Looking for some nice Rabbit Hunting

MESlaughter

I been trying to find some nice rabbit hunting spots for a couple years now. I don't have no rabbit dogs so it's just hard in my area especially although it seem like they trying to come back unfortunately with all the developments being built in the rural areas they're increasing in the city...I'm looking for direction on some bunny.

Not much rabbit hunting in my area of the Catskill mountains.  I'm sure a few could be found if the hunter has a dog.  We take them as a target of opportunity when we can, but rarely hunt them as a primary target.  We prefer Grouse hunting at that time of the year.

Do you have any farmlands near you?  That's where you will find them.

Edited by Rattler

Yes it is plenty of nice farmland I'm talking Selkirk area unfortunately most of it is posted, I have went up to some owners but they just won't let me one field I pass almost daily and there has to be at least 70 Turkeys in trees and on the ground but the whole area is pretty rich in hunting...I have a couple of spots I do hunt but most the time I come up empty. I do love Grouse hunting myself and do have a couple nice spots to go there are only 2 weeks left and the weather hasn't been much help either.

Edited by MESlaughter
  • Like 1