New Act pushed into committee that bans firearms as prizes in games of chance.

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have heard from some that this wont pass as only one lawmaker is attached to it.  But like nyslowhand said - could still use a gun shop gift card to get around this ridiculousness.   

I am more concerned with them passing a required insurance to own a gun.   SInce NRA insurance is no longer avail here in NY and spending $3-400 for insurance every year would suck.   

Go look at the bill, theres a flock of co-sponsors.

Yep. Its too far gone as far as I see it. It will take a decade or more to straighten any of it out. Its not just the gun laws, its the taxes and the nanny welfare state that I cant stand. Im heading for freedom. Plus 5 months of winter sucks.
I can't disagree with the timeframe. It's gonna be a long haul to fix the mess douchemo has created

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

What if a republican makes it and then things around. Still gonna leave?

Still have a very left leaning legislature with the dems now controlling both the Senate and Assembly. Heck, the safe act was passed when the Repubs (RINOs) held the Senate. If we get a Republican Governor, he'll be gridlocked.

NY is a lost cause for gun rights and property taxes. If and when NYS gets straightened out I'll be a distant memory. I'm 60, so I have a short horizon, probably 5 years, maybe 2-3 and then unless drastic changes are made here,  I'm moving to free America.

Still have a very left leaning legislature with the dems now controlling both the Senate and Assembly. Heck, the safe act was passed when the Repubs (RINOs) held the Senate. If we get a Republican Governor, he'll be gridlocked.
NY is a lost cause for gun rights and property taxes. If and when NYS gets straightened out I'll be a distant memory. I'm 60, so I have a short horizon, probably 5 years, maybe 2-3 and then unless drastic changes are made here,  I'm moving to free America.

Only planning on living 5 more years?

And who are they hurting with legislation like this?  That's right, law abiding gun owners.  They are not hurting the criminals one bit!!  They will continue to break any law put in place.  So what is gained by placing more laws and restrictions on law abiding citizens?  Absolutely nothing! Except for political gain and posturing.

If they really want to pass an anti crime, gun law.  Pass a law with a MANDATORY ten or fifteen year prison sentence, for any crime involving a gun, on top of any other charges. Make possessing an illegal firearm a MANDITORY jail term!

Makes sense to me, to get tough on criminals, not law abiding gun owners!!!  But nothing coming from Albany or King Cuomo makes sense.  Been a long time since we have seen ANYTHING that makes sense come from that side.  Including fair taxes for the working people in this state. Or kingdom.................................

• Like 1

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Only planning on living 5 more years?

Lol, no, although I see now that it looks like that's what I was saying.

2-5 years til I think I can retire and I hope to make it to 90! With 25 years living in free America. 

My Daughter in Delaware sent me this - thought it was fitting.

IMG_7600.JPG

• Like 1

Lol, no, although I see now that it looks like that's what I was saying.
2-5 years til I think I can retire and I hope to make it to 90! With 25 years living in free America. 
My Daughter in Delaware sent me this - thought it was fitting.
IMG_7600.thumb.JPG.34f7048d3fdb50b3c8138eacfa2694b2.JPG
Hahaha that's a good one. Definitely going to save it for my personal stash of funny pics and memes to send out

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I have heard from some that this wont pass as only one lawmaker is attached to it.  But like nyslowhand said - could still use a gun shop gift card to get around this ridiculousness.   

I am more concerned with them passing a required insurance to own a gun.   SInce NRA insurance is no longer avail here in NY and spending $3-400 for insurance every year would suck.   

Pretty big list of co-sponsors on this.