Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

20 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Just spoke to a charter boat captain (Never Enuff-by Citi field)- Stripers are in Raritan Bay are in. 2 hour boat ride for them to get there but he said they are THICK right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been hearing the same thing. Im just too lazy to make the run down to NJ or the bottom of Staten Island. They'll be making their way up by us in a couple weeks probably. 

• Like 1

Oh that’s just TOO CRUEL for us slobs going to work today!

Don’t feel too bad, the beers are biting way harder than the fish! A few blues and some mullet are all that biting but my cousin and I are four 24 packs of Busch into the week and I got here on Wednesday!

• Like 1

Well when I got to the river hendricksons were just starting  to pop . Some caddis  as well . One spin fisherman .  Tied on a caddis emerger got 2  9 inch stockers right off the bat. No risers.2 more cars pulled up . Get a chatty cathy looking over my shoulder. Tells me they just stocked a few hours ago. Wonderful! 2 more cars pull up. Start walking to get away from people .  Stop to fish a spot a ways a way from people  pick up a nice 2 year old .  Guy leapfrogs me to next spot . I work the run and pick up 3 more .

Walk to next bend  watch the fish rising  all around the guy. Plan on leap frogging  him but he offers  to share the water . I work up one more fish and head home . 

Great afternoon.

Bwo, caddis,pmd, hendricksons. Best fly for the day was a light hendrickson parachute emerger . Water was perfect level and color..

• Like 5

17 hours ago, chrisw said:

Smacked them this morning on Ontario. 5 man limit of brownies by 9AM, picked up 4 Lakers to boot, largest was 12.5lbs on the scale. IMG_20190425_132531_420.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

saw this on Oneida Lake Diehards site too!   Buffa and some others saying the brown bite has been awesome this year.  Nice catch! 

Awesome day out on the water! Honestly the weather was great it was cool but sun was out and the fishing was hot. We went 9 for 12 on king salmon with 3 lake trout thrown in to hit our limit on the day all within about 3 hours!!!!!!

2 doubles and we ended the day with 4 straight always having 2 hooked and working. As soon as one got in the boat another one hit a line in the water.

694cae18f7a8ab1e661c6b3e79b14397.jpg
c35757fc82f9f1d8bca4512427ae955d.jpg
9fa3cb329cd60ff576a2182477b6072b.jpg

20 pounds of fresh fish in the freezer.

• Like 19