Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Just got home from widewaters and erie canal in spencerport.met up with cousin around 645.cousin got a nice smallie and 2 largemouth on spinnerbait.i managed a dinky largemouth on rattletrap(no pic).action died down so headed to the canal to sit n relax.first fish was a nice channel cat...i got a sucker and 2 rockbass.almost had a picture of the sucker until he hooked into this big snot rocket and i went for the net.few pics of him and pic i took at widewaters as the sun was setting

20190517_222508.jpg

20190517_215635.jpg

20190517_191311.jpg

20190517_204552.jpg

• Like 7

I thought the delaware wasnt stocked?

It isn’t but some of the feeder creeks are.. prime example would be the BK it’s a Delaware trib and it’s stocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Just now, chefhunter86 said:

It isn’t but some of the feeder creeks are.. prime example would be the BK it’s a Delaware trib and it’s stocked

Never thought about it being a feeder, but it makes sense. How was the water looking?

7 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

A few panfish this morn. All walleyes too small. Didn't get out early and of course guys at launch I know got them on at first light and then nothing when the sun came up. But happy with some perch.  Out fishing g with some buddies tomorrow. 

IMG_20190518_121155823.jpg

Oneida?

Have you hit godfrey poit yet??

6 hours ago, sbuff said:

Oneida?

Have you hit godfrey poit yet??

Yup Oneida.  I actually was on the north shore yesterday.  Didn't fish by Godfrey though. 

Was gonna fish with some buddies today but got up and it's storming.  

Hoping in the least to sneak in a short turkey hunt if storm goes by soon. 

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Bucket list item checked off: I caught a wild trout in the Rockies. I caught three rainbows and a brookie, all small. I spent 75% of the time just looking around at the scenery. The water was in the mid 30s 4b840edf5b7adfdcf3ef8e13afc6b838.jpgec8d26bfd19019dd2b82578065541586.jpg11522275f03fd4dab580905c4d8f3e00.jpg4af7e206dbff0e7532d740795d0f261e.jpg7da50ab2d9113bcd667a30c3ba0d92ee.jpgea5776e70de482b130798db06782c601.jpg92c72a56a5b7894dc303c9edb46f072d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Some beautiful pics. Def had to be an awesome experience.  

8 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

First trip out this year with my son. 2 Derby's on ladyO sent us to the city after some smallies. Success!!

Also a king from a brief trip yesterday to the big O

705332b975b2a0bcb456b702ec6daf1f.jpg0288b6dd0a0d488a09a5d2b798e0b22a.jpg4bdc9861cfc191bc9b3309042a64ce94.jpg12a2dfcb235b89d95594acb4792474c9.jpgff910a27f4740411402d05d3aa1e49f2.jpgc566b8ac1598eeb823fb59af5858dc1d.jpg

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Your boy is gonna be the charter boat King on Ontario some day.  And he can take the old man fishing!  Great pics.  

Where's the Honda? Or you on someone else's rig?  

Your boy is gonna be the charter boat King on Ontario some day.  And he can take the old man fishing!  Great pics.  

Where's the Honda? Or you on someone else's rig?  

Lol. I don't see him quitting fishing anytime soon ! My boat, and the Honda'S are both on the back !! The Merc/ king pic was the day before the smallmouth run, my buddy's new fishblaster

Well 2 buddies we're gonna come out to hit the lake but it was storm.ing this morn.  So then I was hoping for it to be done and get out for turkey for a bit.  But down poured again.  So after that passed went after some trout. Damn it I will not give up!  
IMG_20190519_103101976.thumb.jpg.3a09f95fed0bbb6d25e4b53880045e69.jpg
Are those field trout ?

Nice job!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Are those field trout ?

Nice job!

Yup picked them myself.  Easier to find than morels. And the way it's been raining latley surprised not to find some in the yard. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Never thought about it being a feeder, but it makes sense. How was the water looking?

Lol I wasn’t in the BK just figured it was a good example.. water was still a bit high but much more fishable

• Like 1

So I had fun Today again, well until I had a fish bring me down into the rocks. He actually stayed hooked and managed to snag the rest of my line. Seemed like a good fish... I tried to pop the line free... and well I snapped my g loomis Asquith, not only did I snap it. I snapped it right were my hand was wrapped around the rod. Bloody mess and still picking fiber out of my finger... thank god they have a replacement plan.

• Like 1

Just now, chefhunter86 said:

So I had fun Today again, well until I had a fish bring me down into the rocks. He actually stayed hooked and managed to snag the rest of my line. Seemed like a good fish... I tried to pop the line free... and well I snapped my g loomis Asquith, not only did I snap it. I snapped it right were my hand was wrapped around the rod. Bloody mess and still picking fiber out of my finger... thank god they have a replacement plan.

Ouch. Ive broken a couple rods, but not that badly. Now that the rain is starting to calm down, we should figure out a day to head up to the Delaware

Ouch. Ive broken a couple rods, but not that badly. Now that the rain is starting to calm down, we should figure out a day to head up to the Delaware

Yea man... I can make most days work. Just let me know... a Tuesday afternoon would be best though if you wanted to do a weekday

Wtf..TUESDAYs?!?! Did you guys move the WNY or something? They don’t work there either!

Don’t worry we can even wait till after the school year is Over