Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Nephew  is killing the trout on dries.  This next week is bug week in the catskills.  Missing my annual  trip this year . The Misses  had rotater cuff  surgery  Friday.  I'm nurse... housekeeper and gardener  for next 2 months. Nephew  is going to beaverkill next weekend  camping with buddy. First trip down . I'm envious  to say the least.

• Like 1

Damn weather guys said 10-20 mph winds so we didn't even plan to go out.  Woke up early and lake is glass.  So went out for an hour and a half.  Got a few.  Tough bite. All the boats I talked to same thing.  But enough.to fill a bag.  Kept the pickerel cause gonna try to smoke one and this was a big one.  Got it right after the walleye and was hoping it was another . Gonna be an experiment. 

IMG_20190526_101823507_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

9f96c2c6ecb041fc3bbaf9c15b98c9f5.jpg

Fished Gilead (Putnam county) today 7am -10am when wind picked up. Only bite and caught a rainbow. I know a lot of guys try for rainbows at Gilead open water and ice, but not many are ever caught. This is my first ever there so I was pumped. Only 16”, but they are stocked at 8” in the spring so this must be 2-3 year old fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got a coveted spot on the Lady O this morning and it was all it’s cracked up to be.@Treeguy knows what he’s doing, worked his azz off and we hooked up 11 times! 29bed73636a1b464548d5e20fd14cafc.jpgcab69cf24e63a530ad72e541ce2f3b61.jpg636cbab03418ec35efa0be96fe87557f.jpg2031fc0ed54012edd4f4d62594e96f77.jpg5fa1e329fc9e15c9df1798119bd84770.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice catch, guys...You guys need a little short guy to man the beer cooler...Those spring/ early summer kings are even relatively edible and they are LOTS of fun  !!

• Like 1

Looks like a fun morning! [mention=1547]treeguy[/mention].....what's that 90 Honda pushing? Looks like a great setup for Lady O!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The 90 pushes the Lakers out of the way so we can get to the king's.....

If your asking about the boat, she's my pride and joy, 89 sea nymph gls. The "nymphO"

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

9f96c2c6ecb041fc3bbaf9c15b98c9f5.jpg

Fished Gilead (Putnam county) today 7am -10am when wind picked up. Only bite and caught a rainbow. I know a lot of guys try for rainbows at Gilead open water and ice, but not many are ever caught. This is my first ever there so I was pumped. Only 16”, but they are stocked at 8” in the spring so this must be 2-3 year old fish?

You would be shocked at how fast they grow..  I stocked 6 inch rainbows in my pond at camp (3/4 acre) in the spring..  the next spring/summer they were 16 to 18 inches..  so what you caught was probably stocked last spring..

You would be shocked at how fast they grow..  I stocked 6 inch rainbows in my pond at camp (3/4 acre) in the spring..  the next spring/summer they were 16 to 18 inches..  so what you caught was probably stocked last spring..

Cool, thanks for info. So 2 year old? Supposedly they don’t survive this body if water much because of the LM Bass, Lakers, Browns, Pickerel, etc. eating the stockies

5 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got a coveted spot on the Lady O this morning and it was all it’s cracked up to be.@Treeguy knows what he’s doing, worked his azz off and we hooked up 11 times! 29bed73636a1b464548d5e20fd14cafc.jpgcab69cf24e63a530ad72e541ce2f3b61.jpg636cbab03418ec35efa0be96fe87557f.jpg2031fc0ed54012edd4f4d62594e96f77.jpg5fa1e329fc9e15c9df1798119bd84770.jpg

Looks like fun talked to a couple of my buddies that were at my bbq today about how we should hit up a charter on ontario or another big lake for a weekend in the next couple years.  We dont fish much but looks like alot of fun. Congrats on the nice fish.

• Like 2

Looks like fun talked to a couple of my buddies that were at my bbq today about how we should hit up a charter on ontario or another big lake for a weekend in the next couple years.  We dont fish much but looks like alot of fun. Congrats on the nice fish.
Don't wait. This season is set to be another amazing one. If you let me know what port I might be able to get you a name.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Belo said:

do you like it over a traditional? pros and cons?

Have cleaned so many fish in my days. Electric is the way to go.  Any electric knife I have used has been about the same. My buddy has one that you have to press 2 buttons at the same time to get it to work. Might be safer I guess but it's a PITA.  Any of the electric with thin blades works great.  

When we camped on the st Lawrence the DEC asked us if we wanted some perch cause they were Gill getting. We told them yes and they brought us 6 full buckets. We cleaned fish for hours and was with a regular household electric and it worked great . Still have to use a regular knife to cut out the rib bones but a lot quicker.  

We had a huge camp fish fry and enough for the whole winter and could fish all ten days up there for big walleyes and musky. 

• Like 1

Have cleaned so many fish in my days. Electric is the way to go.  Any electric knife I have used has been about the same. My buddy has one that you have to press 2 buttons at the same time to get it to work. Might be safer I guess but it's a PITA.  Any of the electric with thin blades works great.  
When we camped on the st Lawrence the DEC asked us if we wanted some perch cause they were Gill getting. We told them yes and they brought us 6 full buckets. We cleaned fish for hours and was with a regular household electric and it worked great . Still have to use a regular knife to cut out the rib bones but a lot quicker.  
We had a huge camp fish fry and enough for the whole winter and could fish all ten days up there for big walleyes and musky. 

Guess what you just volunteered for next weekend lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1