Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Went out in the kayak yesterday looking for big pike on the big inline spinners I just put together and found 2 awesome fish. One had a big gash on it's side, I can only presume from the eagle that has a nest 100 yds away. gator3.jpggator.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 14

Went out in the kayak yesterday looking for big pike on the big inline spinners I just put together and found 2 awesome fish. One had a big gash on it's side, I can only presume from the eagle that has a nest 100 yds away. gator3.thumb.jpg.b0c3e7f1553dffe42a7a4598819dfcc0.jpggator.thumb.jpg.76ef4936995fddb63f97dbd53d2395f7.jpg

Beautiful fish! Most of the time wounds on pike are from breeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Went out in the kayak yesterday looking for big pike on the big inline spinners I just put together and found 2 awesome fish. One had a big gash on it's side, I can only presume from the eagle that has a nest 100 yds away. gator3.thumb.jpg.b0c3e7f1553dffe42a7a4598819dfcc0.jpggator.thumb.jpg.76ef4936995fddb63f97dbd53d2395f7.jpg

• Like 1

I thought about that too, hard to say I guess. It didn't seem to slow this fish down! Hopefully it survives and finds me again in a few years!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I thought about that too, hard to say I guess. It didn't seem to slow this fish down! Hopefully it survives and finds me again in a few years!

it's cooler to think it's from an eagle. so i'd stick with that

• Like 1

When I fished in Canada a few years back it was early spring during the spawn and almost every big female we caught had fresh wounds and old scars on them. But I agree the eagle option is way cooler!

Pumped for this weekends, doing a guided float trip down the west branch of the Delaware for trout. I’m hoping this rain stops and the river has a chance to go down a bit before I go.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, chrisw said:

Went out in the kayak yesterday looking for big pike on the big inline spinners I just put together and found 2 awesome fish. One had a big gash on it's side, I can only presume from the eagle that has a nest 100 yds away. gator3.jpggator.jpg

Nice pike!  And to catch them on spinners you made...even better

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Good day on Oneida.  Was off the water by 9 and didn't limit. But best eyes so far.  Good ones for oneida 20".   

IMG_20190530_101250609.jpg

Way to go my friend!  Got some prime filets there!!

Nice way to spend your Birthday too!!

• Like 2

That Pike is sweet. How big?

• Like 1

Hoping tomorrow morn to try this out.  GF got me a new fish cleaning table for my birthday.  This is gonna work great. 
IMG_20190530_154957908_HDR.thumb.jpg.1566acf0a99a2965493d49e56216a06e.jpg
IMG_20190530_155108677.thumb.jpg.4ca13a1639db5ae7244a1edf9de9b3c7.jpg
They're great tables. Perfect height for me at least. I have one for home that I use when butchering deer and another for beach for cleaning fish. I tuck a bucket under the drain to catch the water and fish guts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

They're great tables. Perfect height for me at least. I have one for home that I use when butchering deer and another for beach for cleaning fish. I tuck a bucket under the drain to catch the water and fish guts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes definitely. The height seems it's gonna be way better. My back will be thankful.  The drain is small on this one so think I will put the fillets in there , hole is too small to get fish guys thru.  But already have a bucket on a hanger next to it I put a grocery bag in and that works. And am hording Walmart bags while I can still get them..

6 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hoping tomorrow morn to try this out.  GF got me a new fish cleaning table for my birthday.  This is gonna work great. 

IMG_20190530_154957908_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190530_155108677.jpg

I got one of those for cleaning birds and the leg broke in a year. Had my dad weld it back together and has been going strong. Just be careful breaking legs down

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chrisw said:

Nice fish !!!! must have been awesome fighting them on a kayak 

• Like 1

Nice fish !!!! must have been awesome fighting them on a kayak 
Landing them in the kayak is where things can get dicey quick! It's fun though, especially when you're half paying attention and get a follow right up to the boat and it scares the hell out of you for a second.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Landing them in the kayak is where things can get dicey quick! It's fun though, especially when you're half paying attention and get a follow right up to the boat and it scares the hell out of you for a second.

Do you drop an anchor when you have a fish on in the kayak?

Early this morn cold front was going thru and too windy for the lake so fished the canal. Managed two good ones, one short and lost another keeper and a couple of pickerel.  Fun way to catch them on 6lb line throwing stickbaits.  

And broke in the new fish cleaning table and it's a winner!  

Think I might go get some new trolling motor batteries today and replace mine, they aren't lasting like they should. 

IMG_20190531_104832272.jpg

• Like 11