Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Problem is it doesn't take much rain to  cloud the beaverkill or the willow .  Rain just runs off the rocks into the river.  Have had many a trip ruined  by an afternoon  thunderstorm.   If it clouds up run up to the head waters they clear faster.

Yea your are correct the BK looked like crap yesterday and the west branch fished like a dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As West and east branch are tail water fisheries they  tend to be more consist in flows  but the same damn  also keeps the water cooler in the summer and can stunt the hatches .  But cold water is way better than bath water for trout . It's a tail of 2 different fisheries through the same drainage.  

I need to take chef up on the offer for a tour(you did offer right ? Or am I just imposing!)of the “branches” up in that area. For some reason I never found an area that “felt” right...strikes me as such a different fishery

I need to take chef up on the offer for a tour(you did offer right ? Or am I just imposing!)of the “branches” up in that area. For some reason I never found an area that “felt” right...strikes me as such a different fishery  

I’m no expert I have one spot I do very well with on the west branch and I’m familiar with a few others. I’d be happy to fish with you any time. I will say I’m a big fan of the Delaware vs the Bk and willow. If u can’t make a Tuesday afternoon let’s pick a Saturday and make it happen

• Like 1

Just now, crappyice said:

Well????

Couldnt make it out and im scrubbing tomorrow in favor of Friday. I have no problem fishing in the rain, but I kept hearing different reports on wheather or not its going to be a heavy rain. Ill deal with a little bit of wind on Friday I guess. Really wish I could have gone out today 

Ok this might sound dumb.  Ive never been one to fish much but when i do its usually a worm and bobber. Living on our little lake now ive caught 1 little pike, no bass yet but i have some lures for the bass. but would like to try and catch more pike and pickerel.  Is there a certain lure i should use maybe live bait ive heard theres some big pike in it.   Lakes only at most 20acres and maybe 20ft deep if its lucky i can fish from shore and canoe.  Just would like to try and up my odds a little bit.  Thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Ok this might sound dumb.  Ive never been one to fish much but when i do its usually a worm and bobber. Living on our little lake now ive caught 1 little pike, no bass yet but i have some lures for the bass. but would like to try and catch more pike and pickerel.  Is there a certain lure i should use maybe live bait ive heard theres some big pike in it.   Lakes only at most 20acres and maybe 20ft deep if its lucky i can fish from shore and canoe.  Just would like to try and up my odds a little bit.  Thanks for the help.

jr thunderstick - dont just reel it in - twitch and pause, then two quick twitches.  and repeat to shore.  Its a winner on toothy critters.  Small spinner baits also work great.  Usually pickerel will hit anything on the move.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

jr thunderstick - dont just reel it in - twitch and pause, then two quick twitches.  and repeat to shore.  Its a winner on toothy critters.  Small spinner baits also work great.  Usually pickerel will hit anything on the move.  

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

If you go out in the canoe, try a Senko type stick worm. Tie on a #3 worm hook and just hook the worm once through the middle (wacky rig). Toss it out along the edge of the weed line or close to any cover, and let it fall. Most times bass and pike will hit it on the fall, and hook themselves. If no bite on the fall, just raise your rod tip and reel in the slack, and pause.Do that two or three times then cast again. 

I have taken kids and others with little to no experience, and the Senko always got them fish! Fish pretty much hook themselves with little to nothing done by the fisherman. Colors don't really matter much, pick up a pack each of light and dark colored ones.

If you PM me your address, I'll send you some hooks and a couple packs of the worms. If there are fish there, these will catch em!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, grampy said:

If you go out in the canoe, try a Senko type stick worm. Tie on a #3 worm hook and just hook the worm once through the middle (wacky rig). Toss it out along the edge of the weed line or close to any cover, and let it fall. Most times bass and pike will hit it on the fall, and hook themselves. If no bite on the fall, just raise your rod tip and reel in the slack, and pause.Do that two or three times then cast again. 

I have taken kids and others with little to no experience, and the Senko always got them fish! Fish pretty much hook themselves with little to nothing done by the fisherman. Colors don't really matter much, pick up a pack each of light and dark colored ones.

If you PM me your address, I'll send you some hooks and a couple packs of the worms. If there are fish there, these will catch em!

Thanks for the info.  No need to send anything thanks for offering.  wife asked what i wanted for fathers day about an hr ago so i sent her a list of a couple fishing things i wanted and put the Senkos on the list. Going to go pick up one of those jr thundersticks rob mentioned tomorrow when im out and about.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Thanks for the info.  No need to send anything thanks for offering.  wife asked what i wanted for fathers day about an hr ago so i sent her a list of a couple fishing things i wanted and put the Senkos on the list. Going to go pick up one of those jr thundersticks rob mentioned tomorrow when im out and about.

Like Grampy said too. Senkos are my #1 bass lure for sure.  If you pull the line and feel weight set the hook.  They inhale those things a lot and you don't even feel it . But they are great for bass. 

• Like 2

Couldnt make it out and im scrubbing tomorrow in favor of Friday. I have no problem fishing in the rain, but I kept hearing different reports on wheather or not its going to be a heavy rain. Ill deal with a little bit of wind on Friday I guess. Really wish I could have gone out today 

Are you going tomorrow? I might be able to make it up for the pm. I wonder if maybe crappy can too

Are you going tomorrow? I might be able to make it up for the pm. I wonder if maybe crappy can too

I’m out...I need to be at boys baseball practice after school- may try to steal and hour or two more local.

• Like 2

Im going tomorrow. Ill Pm you my phone number so you can give me a call if you decide you can come

I spoke to the wife I’m coming. Gunna try and leave Westchester around 1

• Like 1