Live From The Water 2019 Edition

WNYBuckHunter

Awesome! Give me a call tomorrow 

Not cool! Why would you “LIKE” that I can’t come! Maybe you should dress as a cardboard boulder for tomorrow’s escapade!!!!
Have fun...the above is just extreme jealousy. Take good notes of the “secret spots” that chef cooks up(see what I did there!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Not cool! Why would you “LIKE” that I can’t come! Maybe you should dress as a cardboard boulder for tomorrow’s escapade!!!!
Have fun...the above is just extreme jealousy. Take good notes of the “secret spots” that chef cooks up(see what I did there!)

Hahaha fair enough, you got me there. We'll plan a day we can all make it up.

• Like 1

That’s hysterical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just because of this rant I decided to like it as well.

For real though we should all plan a day up there. My spots are for sure not secret, but I will say the west branch is a magical place for sure.

• Like 1

Getting out at 630am and heading to walmart to get some hooks then heading to local hunting shop to get some minows and the lure rob told me to try and going to try both robs and grampys advice this morning. Hoping to have the first cast out by 730.

Get the Senkos! They are magic. Fish it like Grampy said, watch your line on the fall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Well ide ike to start by saying holy crap i love the senkos.  I caught by far my biggest bass.  Ended up with 2 little pike  on the lure rob mentioned forgot to take pictures they were both about a foot. 4small mouth and this pig on the senkos. Thank you again grampy and rob.  

I had this fish hit my line atleast 4 times before i got a hook to stick.  He was about 15 ft from shore so it didnt take long to get him in but when i got him just to shore the line broke and he layed half in the water half out so i jumped in to get him. Got a little wet but this was not just any bass. Guessed him at about 18 inches. Didnt have my tape measure and no scale but ide say atleast 4lbs. But hes is back to catch another day. Pictures just dont do him justice could barley get my hand around his tale when i put him back in.

20190614_093603.jpg

20190614_093541.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Nice job!   Grampy turned my son on to the senkos and he has caught a lot of nice fish with them -6lb large mouth last year.  

Joel is my most prized protege,' and quite the knowledgeable bass fisherman! I will always fondly remember sitting at your kitchen table, talking bass fishing with him and Ana. What a great kid.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Senko question : no weight or drop shot it say for Lake Erie.  Typically fish 1/8 oz jig head and 3” gulp Minnie’s.  I’d think too light and too fast a drift for Lake Erie without any weight deterring from the natural sink   School me 

Drop shot will work, as well as 1/8 or 1/4 oz jig head. Still rig it wacky style. But Texas rigged works too, if there is a lot of snags or grass. Always keep an eye on your line. It you see even a little tic, set the hook. 

I have successfully fished Senko's down to 20+ feet. It is a bait that fish don't usually see that deep. And the bass, especially the deeper smallies can't seem to resist em.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Senko question : no weight or drop shot it say for Lake Erie.  Typically fish 1/8 oz jig head and 3” gulp Minnie’s.  I’d think too light and too fast a drift for Lake Erie without any weight deterring from the natural sink   School me 

if fishing deep i would stick with the gulp minnies but i would drop shot them.  If fishing shallows, beds, grass or trees id go with  the senkos.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Well ide ike to start by saying holy crap i love the senkos.  I caught by far my biggest bass.  Ended up with 2 little pike  on the lure rob mentioned forgot to take pictures they were both about a foot. 4small mouth and this pig on the senkos. Thank you again grampy and rob.  

I had this fish hit my line atleast 4 times before i got a hook to stick.  He was about 15 ft from shore so it didnt take long to get him in but when i got him just to shore the line broke and he layed half in the water half out so i jumped in to get him. Got a little wet but this was not just any bass. Guessed him at about 18 inches. Didnt have my tape measure and no scale but ide say atleast 4lbs. But hes is back to catch another day. Pictures just dont do him justice could barley get my hand around his tale when i put him back in.

20190614_093603.jpg

20190614_093541.jpg

nice bass for sure !!!! way to go 

• Like 2

Looks like a lot of wind overnight. Damn Oneida lake west to east !  looks like a canal day and stickbaits and senkos for me too in the morn.  Nothing wrong with that but i know those eyes gotta be stacked up in a couple of spots on the lake.  But not worth getting swamped.  But fishin is fishin and i will be out!  

I love skipping those senkos under docks and brush.  Can skip em like a stone.  And i actually like the 4" instead of the 5" .   Favorite color in stained water is Junebug - Blue and black,  in clear water - natural shad.  

• Like 2

Odd afternoon on Croton east branch. Fish were there, sipping and playing with the naturals (seemingly caddis). They would “roll” on my caddis but never commit. Couldn’t get a committed strike.

Made a great roll cast to a feeder behind a tough seem and nail it....never been so disappointed with a fish- ended up being a sunny?!? Wtf was he doing there?

Just a thought could the trout have been working an emerger or perhaps a diving caddis?  Or even an egg laying caddis?

My thoughts exactly- I started tying on droppers of hares war and zug bug(popular in that stream) from the caddies, and clipped most of the hackle off another to make it sit Lower on the water. They were just better than me tonight!!!

If you SENY guys are fishing tomorrow, maybe I will too! I could shock the world with another rainbow in my boat

Fished today with ATbuck hit the west branch 8796c00160dcc2f792bd552f0d59f37d.jpga6ab9b5338f216e5c0b058b17ab36ff3.jpg

• Like 9

Love a challenging  night ... you know they are making  you work for it by how many times you had to tie on new tippit .

That bigger fish was rising in front of me for a hour, wouldn’t touch a sulpher, Black caddis, tan caddis. Finally right at dark I tied one a coffin even though there were none on the water. He crushed it on the 3rd cast. I wound up being stuck between two big boulders and almost wound up in the drink trying to bet net him, I needed a assist in the end!

• Like 5